I broke my Saitek pedals

mine Saitek pedals broke a long while back, I am very easy on mine.. the plastic springs must have been to strong for the extreme cheap junk plastic design,, the parts that hold the springs just broke off on both sides with months of each other.. Saitek is out of their minds if they think people will keep coming back. I have used Saitek sticks for 15 years. They just keep going downhill. :joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

This part is easy to fix if you can acquire at least the following:

- circa 30x40mm pieces of flat 2+ mm plastic or metal sheet 0.5+ mm thick

- paper knife

- adhesive (e.g. Poxipol)

Highly recommended:

- a metal file

- at least two blots of dia smaller than M4 + nuts

- a drill with ~4mm drill bits

not sure what you are rigging... sounds like a puzzle... I tell you, the plastic is just cheap junk... probably Saitek spent $10 making them, the rest was profit... JUNK !:joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

mine Saitek pedals broke a long while back, I am very easy on mine.. the plastic springs must have been to strong for the extreme cheap junk plastic design,, the parts that hold the springs just broke off on both sides with months of each other.. Saitek is out of their minds if they think people will keep coming back. I have used Saitek sticks for 15 years. They just keep going downhill. :joystick:

Yup. One can say 'but what you'd expect from plastic?'

Well, if you look at the broken part here you'll see the breakage cross section has been slimmed down significantly. But it's the external contour of the part where they have trully lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine have broken too. Its minor though, luckily. Mostly its them being driven off the track for the pedals by too much force. The centre spring is broken though for good. Lucky again that its at the tension I preferred.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

FU Bucic ..|.. :P

I'm lookin at my legs and saying I love you and thank god you guys (my legs) have never broken after all the stupid reckless shit I have done over the years.

I feel sick

• Like 1

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

• 2 months later...

Done. High tolerances are sufficient almost everywhere on the pieces. After rzepa confirms the screws don't protrude outside the allowable zone I'll be able to prepare a set of easy to follow instructions on how to fix the part using just:

- a piece of metal sheet 2-3mm thick

- two sets of M6 screws+nuts

- a vise

- a grinder with a cutting disc

- a drill with dia 6 and 7 drill bits

- optional: any type of non-elastic glue

Initially I planned for a lot tighter tolerances to make the metal pieces abut against the existing bosses on the plastic part but it was a bad approach. The screws should hold it all without it and it would greatly decrease tolerances.

rzepa,

if the screws are too large you'll have to manage yourself. Sorry, mate, but I won't have access to any tools for quite some time and the ones I'm left with make me want to go Postal. @$%k TOPEX and the lot!

WP_20141021_007.jpg.d5f7134b61d5b51e59773190e4209081.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BIG Thank You for your HELP Bucic.

It was some stress with the screws but after some time I fix it together and It works.

The most trouble was how to attach the spring :)

This is how it look like

nxw3nr.jpg

apck0z.jpg

and now I'm waiting when the plastic on the other side of the spring will break ;)

• Like 1

Has anyone got any information on how to change the potentiometers that give the wheelbrake facility for the Saitek combat pedals?

One of mine has broken wires, and I can't really stretch to a replacement set yet because I want to go up-market with my next set.

I have soldering skills, and can strip and reassemble stuff, but I am not sure how to get at the pots, and I don't have any clue as to what the replacement part source would be.

Any help would be very gratefully received!

Has anyone got any information on how to change the potentiometers that give the wheelbrake facility for the Saitek combat pedals?

One of mine has broken wires, and I can't really stretch to a replacement set yet because I want to go up-market with my next set.

I have soldering skills, and can strip and reassemble stuff, but I am not sure how to get at the pots, and I don't have any clue as to what the replacement part source would be.

Afaik they are all 5 Volts but it should be stated on the pot itself.

Take any old pot that still works from an old stick and see if it works, done that many times on my old Thrustmaster Hotas that had pots.

I am planning to buy a Hotas next year myself and I am already frustrated that there still are no real pedals out there with hall sensors, sturdy and worth the price. I am 115 kilos and 190cm if I step the pedals they better last :)

I have made up my mind for the stick, Warthog Combo, but for the pedals... Saitek has even less chances now, their quality has always been, ahh lets say "limited".

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

What are the symptoms exactly? Did any of the wires brake off?

There are no pots easier to replace than these :) You can buy replacements in any electronics shop.

http://i58.tinypic.com/apck0z.jpg

They're most probably 5V 10kOhm but guessing isn't what we should do since the pots are easily accessible. Read what it says on the pot. If nothings there take the pot to your shop. Besides https://duckduckgo.com/?q=saitek+replace+potentiometer

The symptoms are that the right brake pedal no longer applies a brake. I had a peek inside, and there are no obvious breaks, but I suspect that the pots are to blame, and looking at the flimsy wires, and the fact that every time you move the rudder bar, those wires flex, it is the obvious culprit.

The pots in question are buried deep in the base of the pedals, and may not be the same as those you show. I have the combat pedals, with the metal pedals.

I have made up my mind for the stick, Warthog Combo, but for the pedals... Saitek has even less chances now, their quality has always been, ahh lets say "limited".

Bit

They are limited, but of course they are not high budget devices, so iy is hardly surprising that they don't last forever.

The pedals I am aiming at next are these:

http://mfg.simundza.com/mfgcrosswind.php

Definitely tick all the boxes as far as build strength and high spec sensors are concerned - but of course, with a price tag to match. They are currently not available however, due to an update and consequent gap in production.

IMO they will be very well worth the wait and the investment.

In the meantime, it is make do and mend time

• 7 months later...

I am bringing this thread back to life,. I would like to add the metal pieces to repair my Saitek pedals where the hooks to the springs broke on the cheap arse Saitek plastic! anyone have the metal already cut that I can add to the plastic and reconnect my spring on my pedals, both sides of the pedals.. thanx? let me know if you have the metal? if I need to find a way to cut it, etc..

oh oh.. you are way over the other die of Earth in Poland... ooops..

I am in the USA...

Anways,, any ideas on fabricating the metal to reconnect the springs?

Thank you!

Ram

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Hi...

1 month ago I've looked for this thread and couldn't find. Thanks Ramstein. :)

Aaaaand, yes my right toe-brake is broken in same way!

And thank you Bucic for idea. I'll try it too. I'll be back and post my work. :)

devrim_brokensaitek-1.jpg.816b05d8215e9577a668c06e778f7723.jpg

devrim_brokensaitek-2.jpg.42d5f53f5fad5d028ce4dd7445625995.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I am bringing this thread back to life,. I would like to add the metal pieces to repair my Saitek pedals where the hooks to the springs broke on the cheap arse Saitek plastic! anyone have the metal already cut that I can add to the plastic and reconnect my spring on my pedals, both sides of the pedals.. thanx? let me know if you have the metal? if I need to find a way to cut it, etc..

oh oh.. you are way over the other die of Earth in Poland... ooops..

I am in the USA...

Anways,, any ideas on fabricating the metal to reconnect the springs?

Thank you!

Ram

Tell me what you got (tools and materials; plastic/metal?) and I'll tell you how to fix the part :) If you do have some metal sheet (even 1.5 mm thick should be fine), a simple angle grinder and a vise is enough to make the required pieces.

Even if you got only some plastic, glue and a drill we could still achieve something here.

And just a reminder. The part brakes not because it's cheap but because of idiotic or purposeful design.

Edited by Bucic

welcome to the club, mine broke off a long while back... someone with same problem with theirs... fabricated a fix... but it would not be easy without tools and parts.. not much can be done.. can hold the back with bungie, or just keeps feet back.. or? buy new... I will avoid my Saitek cheap crap plastic rant... The warranty is worthless cause the garbage breaks out of warranty... if Saitek truly cared they would make amends with us longtime customers who buy new flight gear every few years, they should own up to garbage... they also closed their support forums... gee thanx....

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 2 weeks later...

I also need two of those parts, that the spring connects to both mine broke.. and I am not a good fabricator, not enough tools here.. if I can't fix maybe email Saitek., they used to send parts years ago...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 1 year later...