VEAO is doing the A-4C "Skyhawk"?

Did I have missed something? :helpsmilie:

We are also pleased to announce that in addition to the Hawk T.1A we will be showcasing other VEAO Simulations works that we have in progress' date=' namely the Bearcat, P-40F and [b']A-4 Skyhawk C[/b].

I'm excited ... :pilotfly:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah. This one will make a lot of people happy.

Edit:

It's an awesome plane to work on, but I'm still waiting for the Hawk...all these planes in the pipeline but no actual release yet.

I agree. Aircraft keep getting announced yet we still haven't seen the release of even the first fast jet module.

Edited by MudRat02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hell yeah. This one will make a lot of people happy.

Edit:

I agree. Aircraft keep getting announced yet we still haven't seen the release of even the first fast jet module.

We currently have several teams working on different aircraft, the Skyhawk being one of them.

As per my recent dev diary on the Hawk, we are nearly there so don't worry, it's coming soon ;)

VEAO current aircraft in different stages of production: 8

Number of teams working on these aircraft: 8

Impact to Hawk and other announced projects: Nil

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by Ells228

8 different aircraft in production,hmmmm

Hawk

Typhoon

A-4C

HA-112 Hispano Buchon

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

F8F-Bearcat

Curtiss P-40F

Thats only 7,did I miss one or are you hiding an aircraft lol

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk was developed in the early 50’s and had its first flight in 1954, as a multi role, single engine aircraft it excelled in service for over 40 years. With its versatility and ease of handling the Skyhawk makes an excellent addition to DCS. Serving with 9 countries the Skyhawk has also made its name in the civilian market as well, being a popular trainer and privately owned jet to this day.

Operating from both land and sea the Skyhawk was able to project its dominance both home and abroad

The Skyhawk C model includes a buddy air to air refuelling system which allows one Skyhawk to refuel the other mid-flight, providing yet more flexibility in its combat deployment roles. As well as a wide variety of munitions that can be mounted on the external hard point the aircraft is armed with a pair of 20mm cannons for close air defence.

The Skyhawk was also the mainstay of the United States Navy display team The Blue Angels between 1974 and 1986

As you can see from the screens below she is early in her development but we have a great team working on her and when the time is right, we'll do a proper announcement.

Cheers,

Chris.

A4-C-progress001.jpg

wireframe1.png

A4-Skyhawk-cockpit.jpg

cockpit 002.jpg

Wait, what?

Didn't pman (or was it you Ells?) say that you stopped working on the A-4 because you couldn't find enough real world users that wanted to collaborate? So you couldn't get the details you needed?

Did that change or did you find other ways to get all that info?

Anyway, cool news! :)

Hi,

That convo was about the Skyraider :)

Not the Skyhawk :)

Pman

Wait, what?

Didn't pman (or was it you Ells?) say that you stopped working on the A-4 because you couldn't find enough real world users that wanted to collaborate? So you couldn't get the details you needed?

Did that change or did you find other ways to get all that info?

Anyway, cool news! :)

Nope, we've never mentioned the A-4 Skyhawk ever before and if we couldn't get access to aircraft or personnel then we wouldn't be doing the aircraft. I have a very strict rule about that as Pman will contest to lol

Edited by Ells228
Nope, we've never mentioned the A-4 ever before and if we couldn't get access to aircraft or personnel then we wouldn't be doing the aircraft. I have a very strict rule about that as Pman will contest to lol

Yeah dont I know it :p

Not that this stops me trying :music_whistling:

Pman

Nice screenshots, looks great already. Great aircraft to be working on.

Is there not a Skyraider still flying in the UK? I swear there was one at Yeovilton last year.

There are a couple of european based ones and the parties that I approached about it simply were not interested.

Sadly this strikes them from any potential DCS development from us

Pman

8 different aircraft in production,hmmmm

Hawk

Typhoon

A-4C

HA-112 Hispano Buchon

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

F8F-Bearcat

Curtiss P-40F

Thats only 7,did I miss one or are you hiding an aircraft lol

Oooh actually it's 10, my bad...never was good at maths ;)

Tutor

Tucano

Sneaky sneaky thing with wings...

Any chance you could develop an F14a to combat the skyhawk further down the line Chris. Top Gun style. :pilotfly:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Yeah as Chris says there are some serious problems when it comes to simulating the in depth systems for the Tomcat and the Phantom. There are still some data embargo's and restrictions in place as to what can be simulated and what cant be done under any circumstances.

I have looked into doing both aircraft in the past and after investigation and some conversations with the aircraft manufacturers we have decided not to pursue either of these aircraft.

Sorry guys, I know thats not what you want to hear but we cant help it :(

Pman