Full version Huey

Mike Busutil

Can we get an idea of how close we are to getting a full version Huey? I know it's done when it's done blah blah blah....

But can an official say it will be 2,6,8,39 months etc......

I don't mind a project taking a long time but I would like to know what the plan forward is.

The last official I´ve read was this:

We will try to fulfill your wishes. Now we are currently working on the release version of the DCS:UH-1H. We will do all points of our program, except for two: for transport of troops and online coop mode. Transport of troops feature is under development of subdivision ED team (now WIP), and develop of online coop mode capabilities not yet started (also first to be implemented ED team).

Release version of DCS:UH-1H we are planned after 1..1,5 month.

That was posted on the 2nd of October.

Source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892410&postcount=22

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I would love that too. Feels like I've been waiting forever. Sucks the online coop mode is so far out. The promise of that was a key reason why I bought the UH-1H in the first place, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

• ED Team

Personally I am not worried about the online coop mode for the Huey, I am sure it will come in time.

I just wish my AI door gunners were not just there for decoration, looking forward to being able to tell them to open fire. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I just wish my AI door gunners were not just there as targets, looking forward to being able to tell them to open fire. :)

Fixed! ;)

...and, oh yes, I do agree!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
We'll have some positive news on this front in the next update.

EvilBivol you will make an old man very happy, looking forward to the news ;)

:) Nice one cichlidfan

Fixed! ;)

...and, oh yes, I do agree!!!

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I could take or leave the AI door gunners. We can't say these gunners will work any better than the AI soldiers on the ground anyway but if the COOP mode worked, we could have human door gunners.

In either case, sling loads would also be a very welcome installment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I could take or leave the AI door gunners. We can't say these gunners will work any better than the AI soldiers on the ground anyway but if the COOP mode worked, we could have human door gunners.

I understand that AI gunners aren't going to be a priority for everyone, especially those who like civvy and transport flying. But we can't say the AI wouldn't work better either, because there are different people programming the AI for the gunners in this case. Not to mention that I doubt infantry AI was a priority for ED. The infantry in the game are pretty helpless without support (MANPADS being the exception) against most aircraft in DCS after all.

Having the gunners shooting back would be something at least, even if they aren't better than the infantry AI right now they can still hit things and take out some enemy infantry. Even if they suck anything is better than having them staring into space until they are shot. Not to mention that it is an immersion killer right now to not hear those gunners shooting at the enemy.

Having human players, while great and something I'm looking forward to, is not a sure thing either. If they have "drop-in" players able to man your guns, there is a good chance of getting people who couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Unless you have friends who practice and you always have those same people manning your guns, it would be a toss up in MP that the random guy who jumped into your chopper is worth anything.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

All good points. Can't argue with infantry not apparently being an ED priority, nor could most of the people anticipating updates in CA threads so hopefully these guys crack that code. I, too, would love to hear those guns rattlin' away. I just don't want to see door gunners used as tokenism to placate the masses while the much-hyped multiplayer COOP mode gets pushed farther and farther down the road until it's ultimately burried forever behind a pile of new marketable mods (MI-8). Just a stab at accountability. I fear the worst, lol, DCS cynic I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Yes they are pretty helpless, but then again, I have been popped more than once by RPGs sitting on the deck while trying to load/unload troops....before I had the "\ + F10 + F1 or F2" thing build into my muscle memory. Honestly, when it's happened it's been sort of refreshing that those guys are actually in the fight, and taking advantage of my vulnerability on the deck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya, I've actually had a pilot killed by small arms fire. They do all right initially when you set them down in front of one another.

After I load a squad, I usually immediately recall the comm menu and go through the steps until I reach the unload command then leave that open so when I hit the ground, I can just slam F1 and GTHO. Precious seconds when MANPADS are in the area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

So, going to have to toss this one in there now: FAC functionality. How did this even reach Beta without this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

What does FAC mean? Forward Air Controller?

Ya, that's how it's listed as a task for infantry in the ME but the comm would probably be the same as the JTAC for the fixed wing aircraft. They can call it whatever they as far as I'm concerned, as long as I have a way to make ground units mark targets. Really interested in the IR Pointer designator at night with NVG's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

So, going to have to toss this one in there now: FAC functionality. How did this even reach Beta without this?
Ya, that's how it's listed as a task for infantry in the ME but the comm would probably be the same as the JTAC for the fixed wing aircraft. They can call it whatever they as far as I'm concerned, as long as I have a way to make ground units mark targets. Really interested in the IR Pointer designator at night with NVG's.

I don't understand what your complaints are here?

Ground units can assume the role of a JTAC and designate targets for you. Same goes for airborne AFACs. In the ME the task for both is just called FAC.

The Huey as such is not used for the AFAC role and thus can't be selected.

But what is now not working for you?

But what is now not working for you?

Sure. Here's my issue. I was attempting to fly a night mission in the Huey. I wanted to have a friendly ground unit designate an enemy with the IR Pointer so I could see it with my NGV's. But that's not possible because even though I can set a friendly ground unit within LOS of an enemy group and assign it the FAC or FAC Engage Group task, I have now way of actually making the FAC mark the target (turn on the IR Pointer).

The way to do that is to contact the FAC via the radio menu on the assigned freq and go through the JTAC commands but the Huey wont communicate with JTAC despite being capable of tuning to all the same freqs. The A-10C can talk to the JTAC just fine but in the same mission, tuned to the same freq, the Huey can't raise him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Sure. Here's my issue. I was attempting to fly a night mission in the Huey. I wanted to have a friendly ground unit designate an enemy with the IR Pointer so I could see it with my NGV's. But that's not possible because even though I can set a friendly ground unit within LOS of an enemy group and assign it the FAC or FAC Engage Group task, I have now way of actually making the FAC mark the target (turn on the IR Pointer).

The way to do that is to contact the FAC via the radio menu on the assigned freq and go through the JTAC commands but the Huey wont communicate with JTAC despite being capable of tuning to all the same freqs. The A-10C can talk to the JTAC just fine but in the same mission, tuned to the same freq, the Huey can't raise him.

Allright, got it now. This has nothing to do with IR pointer but just with the inability of the Huey allowing us to talk to the JTAC. Yeah ... hm, seems to be the same thing that prevents the vanilla Ka-50 to talk to the JTAC - but for the Shark, there is a mod.

But I agree, even as the Huey is not a real gunship for todays standards, it can be designated to the CAS role. So we should be able to talk to the JTACs "out of the box".

Ya, I knew BS didn't have it out of the box either and I'm not sure about the Mi-8. And no, it's not specific to IR Pointer but that was just why I wanted the FAC comm ability. Maybe someday. We can hope. There is no reason all the helos shouldn't have it IMO. I mean an FAC isn't exempt from helping orchestrate a rescue mission if one should materialize in his vacinity and that has UH-1H written all over it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Just tested it: Ka-50 JTAC mod + modified "comm.lua" in the Huey Mod directory to add the JTAC menu to the comms menu, similar to how it's done for the Shark (1 additonal line in the .lua). Works. :o)

edit:

Added the bold lines to the comm.lua, at the very end of the file:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/ATC.lua', getfenv()))(5, {[Airbase.Category.AIRDROME] = true, [Airbase.Category.HELIPAD] = true} )
[b]utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/JTAC.lua', getfenv()))(6)
utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/AWACS.lua', getfenv()))(7, {tanker = true, radar = true})
[/b]utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Ground Crew.lua', getfenv()))(8)

edit2:

The Hip should be suffering the same lack of JTAC comms. Should be possible to add the functionality the same way as for the Huey.

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1