Ok, next report:

TS 3 version

Me: 3.0.13.1 (using voice activation)

Rex: 3.0.13.1 (using voice activation)

TARS log

Me:

20:48:39 *** TARS Loading ***
20:48:39 Setting dead/spectator status.
20:48:39 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...
20:48:59 TARS update cycle scheduled at modeltime 1.001
20:49:00 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:50:13 1
20:50:13 Player entered vehicle: 16777473 A-10C Type: 1;1;6;58
20:51:54 Connection to Teamspeak timed out.
20:51:54 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:55:48 Connection to Teamspeak timed out.
20:55:49 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:56:42 Connection to Teamspeak timed out.
20:56:42 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:57:11 Disconnecting from Teamspeak 3...
20:57:11 *** TARS Unloading ***

Rex:

20:49:25 *** TARS Loading ***
20:49:25 Setting dead/spectator status.
20:49:25 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...
20:49:36 TARS update cycle scheduled at modeltime 37.003
20:49:37 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:50:18 1
20:50:18 Player entered vehicle: 16777474 A-10C Type: 1;1;6;58
20:56:51 Connection to Teamspeak timed out.
20:56:51 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.
20:56:54 Disconnecting from Teamspeak 3...
20:56:54 *** TARS Unloading ***

Ingame frequencies in TS3

nzrj.png

Ingame screenshots by Rex (note: this was later, so we have another frequencies as in the TS3 screenshot above):

screen_131105_210748obui0.jpg

screen_131105_2108014pu8a.jpg

Voice/ frequency issue

UHF:

+ We hear each other on both ears (OK)

+ If Rex switch the frequency, I can't hear him (OK)

+ If I switch the frequency, he can't hear me (OK)

-> we both have selected the UHF radio

AM:

+ I hear Rex on the right ear (OK)

+ Rex hear me on both ears (not OK)

+ If I switch the frequency, he can still hear me (not OK)

-> we both have selected the VHF AM radio

FM:

+ I hear Rex on the left ear (OK)

+ Rex hear me on both ears (not OK)

+ If I switch the frequency, he can still hear me (not OK)

-> we both have selected the VHF FM radio

... and now? :(

kind regards,

Fire

PS: We suggest, Rex hear me all the time over UHF. But a selected the correct radio, too (UHF, AM, FM in the upper right corner of DCS) - same shortkeys like in the TARS control panel (see post above).

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It sounds like your keybinds might be messed up. From what you describe it seems like on his side that he's getting stuff over UHF from you.

You really need to make sure, beyond any doubt, that you are sending over the other radios and not just the UHF radio.

The log that the TS3 plugin leaves, which is in your C:\Users\$yourname\AppData\Local\TARS folder will contain more diagnostic information, but my money is on it sending through the wrong radio due to keybind issues.

Headspace, is it safe to update TS3 to 3.0.13.1?

TARS community? Where are you flying? I am bored and need a TARS coop flight :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Actually, only for videos and squadron.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Headspace,

here are our logs and some pics. In Rexs log, TARS says that he is always receiving on UHF. But you can see, that I used the right radios and right frequencies ... the keybindings in DCS are the same, like in TARS.

Radio 1/ UHF: LALT + NUM-

Radio 2/ AM: LALT + NUM+

Radio 3/ FM: LSHIFT + NUM-

:huh:

Screen_131109_233016.thumb.jpg.3088fd9eab10f85a9fb44810d154b150.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But you can see, that I used the right radios and right frequencies ... the keybindings in DCS are the same, like in TARS.

The log doesn't state that at all. Rex's log doesn't show him receiving any signals other than on UHF.

You need to check your keybinds and make sure everything is set up correctly because whatever is going on, it isn't sending out (on your end) anything other than the primary UHF radio. Rex appears to be able to send on all three radios. Make sure you're using a compatible version of TeamSpeak (the very latest two have DirectInput removed). Perhaps clear out your tars.ini file in TeamSpeak and let it recreate from scratch.

Edited by Headspace

Ok, I did a full re-install of TARS (regedit in windows, too), and now it works. I don't know, if it was an old TARS installation or whatever.

regards,

Fire

PS: Is there a chance, to get a new TARS version (maybe with some new features) this year?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have been using TARS regularly on our squad flights the past weeks together with an older version of TS (3.0.12 I believe). For example, on our regular squad night this Thursday 11 people participated and TARS worked for most of us. The issues we had are difficult to pin down, like TS crashing for some and others could hear everyone on the channel but couldn't send. We found however that one of the three radios we used in the Su-25A didn't work. Which one of them seemed random though, as radio 2 didn't work for me and radio 1 didn't work for someone else. Bug or feature? :)

Please keep up your good work though!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 2 weeks later...
Important Update (and part of the reason I've seemed a bit incommunicado):

TS has removed DirectInput from its latest release, so the entire input scheme for the TARS application is being converted. For the time being, don't update your TS if you want to use the multiple-PTT features of TARS. I'll get you an updated version as soon as I can.

TS' developers have stated in the past that DI would be removed, but there wasn't much warning that it would be so soon. Of course that's what everyone is saying, but we shouldn't have taken it for granted. We'll be up and running with a solution before much longer, so don't worry.

Any update on the status?

Edit: Operator error: Obviously, that freq isn't possible with the radio...

Quick question:

What are typical things to check when TARS is working correctly for AM/FM, but on the UHF sometimes displays 0.000?

In our case, we wanted to use 221.000, but were only able to use 225 and higher. Dialing the '5' to other digits made TARS show UHF set to '000.000' in Teamspeak and we couldn't use the UHF radio at all. Going back to 225 immediately allowed us to speak over UHF again.

Thanks!

Nevermind,

Supersheep

Edited by Supersheep

I have very strange problems with TARS and i don´t know how to solve it. I feel very frustrated because i don´t know what to do and also for me it´s very difficult to describe my problem in english but i will try.

First of all:

I have Windows 7 64 bits - Saitek X-45 with Saitek profiles manager ( i use a saitek profile for every DCS module, i´m not using the controls edition inside DCS) - Team Speak 64 bits version 3.0.13.1 - Logitech K120 Keyboard

My first problem:

If a turn on my PC, run TeamSpeak and server conection, run DCS and push FLY, inside TS visor i have the message " TARS not running " and obviously TARS dont work.

If i turn on my PC and run DCS for a minute WITHOUT running first TeamSpeak, then exit DCS, turn on Team Speak and again run DCS and push FLY, then TARS works, the TS visor shows the three radio frequencies and i can hear my mates perfect.

It seems that only when i run DCS once without Team Speak and then exit and turning on Team Speak makes TARS working.

Second problem:

I´m not able to make working the radio selection change at all. When i open the TARS Control Panel and i select Radio Keys and Settings for Radio 1-2-3, i push SET and then i push a four position rotatory on my Saitek X-45 joystick.

Three positions, each one for every radio. And it seems fine because inside TARS control panel with every push on my joystick TARS recognize my selection writing the name of this rotary wih a number.

So i enter DCS, start a flight and the problem starts.

I can hear all three radios from my mates perfect. But i can only transmit with UHF radio. No matter if a push the change radio button on my joystick.

I use the sequence " Push once the joy button for activate one radio, second push transmit button (my PTT) to talk. But only works for UHF, i´m not able to change the transmiting radio.

I´ve tried uninstalling TARS and Team speak and reinstalling. I´ve tried reinstaling Saitek drivers and software. Also i´ve tried running TS and TARS and Saitek Profile manager as Administrator. I don´t know what to do and i feel a little bit desperate. I don´t know if it´s a problem with my saitek profiles, with Team Speak, with the joystick keys used for radio changes.

Can someone help me please?

Another thing, not related directly with TARS is a weird behaviour with Team Speak.

When i start TS my PTT is not recognized at all. No matter how hard i push the key (XD).

So if i go through Settings/Options/Hotkey System and change from Default to Keyboard and mouse only, then my PTT works again. But every time i turn off Team Speak, the problem shows up again and i must do the same in the opposite direction, changing from Keyboard and mouse only to default.

Could this have an effect in my first problem?

Thanks for your patience reading my poor english.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you're on the latest TeamSpeak, it's probably the Directinput issue. I'm not in a position to do additional work on this mod (I literally cannot afford to set aside time to at the moment) but it will be the next thing that I address in it.

Get a version of TeamSpeak (one of the last two versions back, IIRC) that supports DirectInput.

Thanks headspace to take time to read me.

The direct input issue was my first guess but spending all this afternoon making test i´ve found a solution. Maybe you could take it as a reference to situations like mine.

It´s a profile issue. Or it seems a X-45 profile issue. I will try to do my best to describe it.

I have a A-10C profile for my X-45. I use the Throttle Hat to activate the TARS radios. This hat is mapped as " BUTTONS " in a four way direction.

Throttle Hat DOWN = Radio 1 UHF - Mapped as Left Control + 1 in my X-45 profile

Throttle Hat RIGHT = Radio 2 VHF AM - Mapped as Left Control + 2 in my X-45 profile

Throttle Hat LEFT= Radio 3 FM - Mapped as Left Control + 3 in my X-45 profile

And Left SHIFT as PTT in mouse fire mapped as Left Shift in the X-45 profile and also like PTT in Team Speak.

Also in TARS Control Panel when i set the radios pushing this Throtle Hat in each radio, TARS recognized as LEFT CONTROL 1-2-3 the three positions.

This setting don´t work inside DCS. I can only transmmit in UHF and hear ok all three radios. TARS don´t take in count the hat push in any direction and i can´t change to other radio.

SOLUTION.

Disable Throttle Hat inside X-45 profile.

So i open the profile manager, select Throttle Hat and change to "Not programmed", cleaning any asignation ( Left Control + 1-2-3 not used anymore). The Throttle hat now is not used inside my profile.

Then i open TARS Control Panel and set every radio pushing my Throttle Hat in one direction for every radio. Now instead TARS reading " Left Control 1-2-3 shows Saitek X-45 Controler 20-21 and 22). It seems now that TARS recognized my hat as buttons.

Now i can activate my saitek profile with all my asignations running fine except the hat i´ve disable and inside DCS TARS runs perfect. I can change radios using the Hat, and all works as intended.

Time to enjoy your fantastic TARS software and hoping this description could help you ( a long and boring description in awful english XDD)

Thanks again headspace for your great efforts.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I appreciate the feedback.

My primary stick since I added DI support for multiple joysticks has been a TH Warthog. I haven't tested it with any of Saitek's profile software. For now, the raw directinput should give you the best results with the DI-supported versions of TeamSpeak.

Thanks. I´m using the newest Team Speak version, without DI, i remember previous versions with DI works with my saitek profiles. So, finally , yes it´s a DI issue.

I guess i will find old DI Team Speak versions in TS web page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TARS is driving me crazy at the moment. It was working fine for ~4 months then one day last week it just decided not to.

Whenever I launch DCS now, TS just says TARS is not running.

Running TS 3.0.12

Windows user account control is off (no need to run as admin).

I've deleted my DCS folder in saved games.

TARS is installed and configured correctly in both the control panel and within TS (plugin active).

Tried re installing TARS, then TARS + TS and finally TARS, TS and DCS - which didn't fix the problem.

Another guy in my squadron had the same issue this week but a full DCS re install worked for him.

Short of formatting my entire PC I don't know what else to do.

I didn't even update anything. TARS literally just stopped working overnight.

UPDATE: Even a complete format and clean install of Windows 7 hasn't fixed the problem.

Absoutely out of ideas now and seriously annoyed.

Edited by howie87

howie87:

I received your PM but I am going to answer this here since it will benefit everyone.

First, there is never, under any reasonably likely circumstance, going to be a need to do a clean OS reinstall and/or drive format to correct issues with this mod. It is middleware; it doesn't interact nor utilize low level aspects of the kernel nor does it change anything on your computer that might. If you had to reinstall your OS, it meant something else (something serious) was amiss with your computer. I doubt that is the case, though.

Second, if it "just stopped" working, my first guess would be that whatever server you are using decided to disable export in the Saved Games\DCS\Config\etwork.cfg file.

I've deleted my DCS folder in saved games.

If you are hosting then you will need to re-enable export if you have done this. If you are not the host, check with the host to see if export is enabled. I doubt the issue is serious. Make sure you are using a TeamSpeak version that supports DI.

Okay. Then you can rule out the export issue.

I will need to see logs to be able to provide any further assistance. This week is finals week at my university so I am busy taking and grading exams. Anything of substance will need to wait until next week. Checking logs yourself at this point is your best bet. It will tell you if the export side of TARS manages to connect to the plugin.

Good luck with your finals headspace. Stuka figured out the problem.

Basically, if you have a geforce graphics card don't update to the latest drivers.

"Nvidia network service" will stop TARS from connecting to DCS. Disable it and you're good to go.

Only took 10 hours of blood, sweat and tears to find...