ED Forums - View Single Post - DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Home Fries

Default DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

UPDATE: Version 2.33 is available. The installer will now give you the option to install CTS for DCS 2.5 and 1.5.8 Legacy versions.
Note: If you already use CTS and didn't create a legacy 1.5.8 install, there is no need to re-download the installer.

Special thanks to Tercio Sampaio for developing the GUI.

Thank you everybody for funding my Warthog purchase so that I could create this profile. Since my funding goal has been achieved, please send any future donations to Fisher House, a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families. Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don't have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.

DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available. Download it from:
This file is an installer which will install and launch the updater, which will then download the latest version of the script. You can also periodically run the updater to keep your script up to date.

This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, C-101, AV-8B N/A Harrier II, F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, A-4E Skyhawk, Combined Arms, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles. The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included "Standard DirectX" profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.

This script uses TARGET, so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is). I also recommend the latest MFD Drivers, as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.

The script offers the following features:
  • Graphical User Interface (GUI) to save your settings and auto-generate script files.
  • Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
  • All documentation (except for the Setup Guide) is in HTML with context-sensitive help in the GUI.
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
  • Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
  • LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
  • Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
  • Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
  • Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
  • Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
  • FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
  • A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
  • Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
  • Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
  • Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
  • TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
  • Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
  • Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
  • NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus" mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
  • AWACS Mode for LotATC and SRS users.
  • Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audible feedback of aircraft selected.

Screenshots are in the following post.

I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated. To this end, there is now a public bugtracker for CTS. See the HTML documentation for instructions on how to submit a bug report or feature request.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 05-08-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: 2.33 Released
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote