How to move controls position window

hreich

>>> Triple-head/Multi-Monitor GUI and NVG Fix

Post #1 , near to the bottom:

How to move/resize the Controls Indicator:

The corresponding path for the Huey is

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\...

OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy!wink.gif - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view. smile.gif

(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines..wink.gif be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

First go to

DCS:BlackShark 1.1.1.1:

\DCS Black Shark 2\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

DCS: A10C 1.1.1.1:

\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

than open

ControlsIndicator_page.lua

with a proper Editor (>>> Notepad++)

CTRLindicator.png

Than edit the size in line #14

>> local size = 0.15 -- 0.30 nearly doubles the width/height of the default one

and position in line #43

>> base.init_pos = {X-position,Y-position} -- both values can be decimal and negative

I made some quick testing and instead of posting lots of pictures that show nearly the same; I copied each different position into the same screen.

I made notes which values are used for each position.

baseinit_posandsizeexample-1.gif

Now you should know enough how to create your own desired spawn point of the CTRL-Indicator.

Keep in mind than you have to use different values on diffident resolutions

(...Up to now I not fully aware what exact logic triggers the spawn-point.

But up to now I can say that when moving the indicator (size 0.15) from x0 to x1 -it will equal 384 pixels and all values are bound to the centre of the XYjoystick position cross.).

See...

Its a whole different thing compared to moving the Radio-menu tongue.gif

Tip:

First set the wished Size - and than place it where you want it. - Because resizing it will change the relative position again , and you have to start over again.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just for info, I have just moved the Control Position overlay for my UH-1H to the bottom right of my single 1920x1080 screen.

The values used in the lua file shown above is :-

local size = 0.15 <<<--- Standard

base.init_pos = {3.15,-0.79}

Giving :-

DCS2013-09-2920-04-03-005_zps4224bc6a.png

Thanks guys! Good stuff!

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Some additional info for those that have a 1920x1200 display:

base.init_pos       = {2.8,-0.79} -- BottomRight Placement on 1920x1200 display -- DEFAULT: {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}

base.init_pos       = {1.40,-0.79} -- BottomCenter Placement on 1920x1200 display -- DEFAULT: {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}

• 7 months later...

I have modded this ControlsIndicator_page.lua script and it works fine. But the game will not load if I put it in my Users folders like this:

C:\Users\Andy\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

The game just crashes on loading until I remove the above file/folders. Wish I could put this in my Saved Games folder...

I have it modded to allow for 2 screen resolutions for my 4 monitor setup. I have 3 monitors on top and one touchscreen in the center below. I use resolutions of 5760x1080 and 5760x2160:

I put this code at the top, right after these variables are declared:

-- *******************************************************************************
-- *** MY CODE TO RESIZE THE CONTROL INDICATOR BOX FOR 2160 SCREEN HEIGHT
-- *******************************************************************************
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 2160 then
-- THIS WORKS WITH 2160 HEIGHT
size          = 0.075
tex_scale     = 0.27/size
end

And this down below, right below the base.init_position = xxxxxxx line:

-- *** MY CODE TO MOVE THE CONTROL INDICATOR BOX FOR 1080 AND 2160 SCREEN HEIGHT
base.init_pos = {3.5, -0.825}  -- <-- MY DEFAULT FOR 1080 HEIGHT
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 2160 then
base.init_pos = {1.542, 0.085}  -- <-- PUTS BOX JUST OUTSIDE CENTER MONITOR
end

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 1 year later...

Can i modify the " Adjust Controls " windows, a bit larger ?

Thanks

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I think the code has changed since 1.5 came out. I have not used my old mod for a long time,. And have not looked at the code in much longer.

I'm afraid you will have to look at the code yourself.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Can i modify the " Adjust Controls " windows, a bit larger?...

Adjust Controls or Controls Indicator?

If you're talking about indicator, it's there, "..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua"

Line #12.

Modify the value 0.15, as you wish.

I didn't touch that, but if you'll do, maybe you will need to correct position values (Line #45).

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I think you did use to have to adjust several things when you resized.. But it's been a long time since I did that.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

i mean the menu window, with sound, graphics, adjust controls, etc

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I literally just fixed my indicator positions yesterday after a couple of months of dabbling. I have them in JSGME ready format. If anyone wants them, PM me with email address

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How about moving the AI and Autopilot indication window?

I run a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide with 2x 8" MFCD monitors, I managed to move the control indicator when I did the kneeboard location mod. But the Autopilot and AI gunner are still displayed in the lower right corner of the MFCD monitor.

I have a mod that used to do that but I have not used it in a year. I don't know if it works.

But I gave a copy of it to a user named Beeroshima a few weeks ago and I think he got it working. You could ask him for a copy of what he has. And you will probably have to tweak the coordinates to put it where you want.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Reviving this old thread, and hoping to get someone to help me out with my situation...

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup. 3440x1440 center screen, and a 1920x1080 touch screen below center. Therefore, my combined resolution is 3440x2520. My problem with the control indicator box is that it gets hidden in the combined resolution and is not visible anymore in the bottom left corner of my center screen.

I was hoping for someone to figure out the values needed to modify the lua file and place the indicator box in the desired location. I'm attaching an image of my display layout and marking out the desired location. My apologies in advance for my limited skills in all this tech-stuff.

Any help i can get with this will be highly appreciated, as ED Support informed me it is not possible, even though I tried it myself and was able to locate it to the top left corner of center screen.

Monitor.jpg

Edited by Alpha_Mo66

• 6 months later...

Hi Fellow Aviators

Is any of the information contained within this thread still relevant now that DCS World has moved on so much. I want to modify the one that comes with the mod for the UH-60L as I find the Red square really distracting and would like to make it transparent

Thank you for your attention

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors