DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pat, as per your original statement this project being free do you think you can release edms to your Gazelle? making your own FM, weapons etc will consume a lot of time for one man project, i think you can stick with Ka-50 shark cockpit and FM, polish the external model and make it public, later on upon having more info on modelling internal stuff, sounds etc continue with it, if you have other plans let us know, looking forward flying Gazelle

Sammy, I flew the gazelle with the ka-50 fm and cockpit a long time ago, even played the medvedev campaign with the gazelle, firing hot missiles and gun.

Since I flew the gazelle with its own cockpit, I can't go back to the ka50 cockpit, it would be so much frustating.

As a small update I should say the engine starting procedure is working as it should (with the gauges, levers and buttons working) and half the whole functionality done.

I'm dealing with the flight model now.

Sammy, I flew the gazelle with the ka-50 fm and cockpit a long time ago, even played the medvedev campaign with the gazelle, firing hot missiles and gun.

Since I flew the gazelle with its own cockpit, I can't go back to the ka50 cockpit, it would be so much frustating.

As a small update I should say the engine starting procedure is working as it should (with the gauges, levers and buttons working) and half the whole functionality done.

thanks for update!!!!!

i forward flight with your helli!!!!

great work!!!!

happy new year!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Wow, i didn't realize your were that far in making this helo, thanks for update

Yes, but there's still so much to do ...

you said you fly and you put clickable switch in helli!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps do "a beczl" and start a Kickstarter project? :joystick:

I would gladly spend a few bucks to fly a Gazelle. Only thing i'd want is a 6 DOF cockpit, external, and decent cockpit. Doesn't have to be top notch for me to enjoy it :)

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Yes, but there's still so much to do ...
You need to start thinking about this as a pay add on. Just like Beczl, MiG-21. I would pay for a DCS quality Gazelle flyable helicopter. Remember, your work will be way more appreciated if you create a product that people are willing to spend their money on.

Since the scope of work is huge, you need to look for some help. I am sure there are real life Gazelle pilots here, who might be willing to help you.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Several persons are involved in this project now concerning textures, sounds and flight model.

I also got support from real life pilots.

There's still some work to do before getting a decent showable alpha.

When at this point, I hope there will be people to found an official team and go further.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Very well. We might have DCS Gazzele then. I look forward to flying it.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Several persons are involved in this project now concerning textures, sounds and flight model.

I also got support from real life pilots.

There's still some work to do before getting a decent showable alpha.

When at this point, I hope there will be people to found an official team and go further.

Cheers.

I bet the pilots have already suggested to make a team of it yes? What have they said about your project so far?

keep up the good work! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just three pics to show how it's long to get things.

3D external model only, The rear part has been reworked and polished. Next will be the front part.

Good new, it's flying with my own flight model.

But no sound (I mean Gazelle specific) unfortunately, maybe ED ... 1.2.512 ....

s1.thumb.jpg.411c158213124829c2beeab393a9a08f.jpg

s2.thumb.jpg.d1ff3928daff4595728473fdc1e88fe5.jpg

s3.thumb.jpg.33169081c22fd2f4e996a1682928568f.jpg

• Like 1