ED Forums - View Single Post - Any new info?!
Thread: Any new info?!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #202
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

EvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

As you probably know, ED is currently preparing v.1.2.3 of DCS World. The Huey project is not planned to be included in this update. So although I have had not official sanction to say so, I think it's pretty safe to assume at this point that we will not make the release this year. "This year" was included in the announcement as we felt it was both flexible and reliable enough to be said. Well, it's not the first time such a mistake occurs and I'm sure not the last. Whatever your thoughts today, in truth we get burned no matter which way we go - if no date is mentioned at all, the forums are filled with questions (and eventually complaints) about the lack of a release date. If a release date of any kind is provided (which is normal in an official press release), it is very often missed and we are criticized for that as well. I would ask that you just keep your emotions in check and remind yourself that there has been no damage and no offense done onto you personally. There should be no reason for you to be upset or angry on our forums.

If you also remember I had said earlier that we are not able to release project media until some legal issues were resolved. We were still waiting for this as of a couple of weeks ago, hence the continuing lack of media and website content. The actual Huey model has not been significantly changed recently, with most of the work being focused on testing and tuning, adding various model, audio, visual, and damage effects. However there has been work on training missions and finalizing the manuals, which are now in a good state of completion for a beta release. If there is a delay of a few weeks, there is a good chance the beta will include a campaign, which would not have been the case with a release before end of year.

There have a been a number of new skins added, as well as new pilot models. As far as I know the Huey will be the first DCS module to include broken canopy visualization as part of the cockpit damage model. This looks quite nice and I hope we can show some screenshots of it soon.

We've added a new trigger in the ME that allows us to change the cargo weight of a unit. This way we can change the helicopter weight in real-time during the mission to simulate loading/unloading of cargo. There is not yet a sling load capability, though as I've said it is something we believe we will be able to make in the final product.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules

Last edited by EvilBivol-1; 12-28-2012 at 08:38 PM.
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote