ED Forums - View Single Post - Any new info?!
Thread: Any new info?!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #37
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

EvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud ofEvilBivol-1 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

Apologies again for the continuing lack of media. I hope you understand we're not trying to hide anything, especially given all of the UH-1H data already available as part of the public DCS World (3D model and such).

In response to this post:
Quote:
Can you guys please explain what you already acomplished and what you expect to add before beta release? Think is important.
Thanks.
The flight model is well done - I would say in the tuning phase. The damage model is well in development, but not completed. Most of the major cockpit functionality is there, the most important exception being the pilot's reflex sight, which is currently replaced by a “magic” CCIP reticle. The copilot's sight, used to steer the guns, is modeled correctly and works. The weapons work, including the steerable miniguns, unguided rockets, and the door guns. Subsystems like engine, fuel, hydraulics, electrics are in various states of completion, but overall functional and interactive with the model. Switching seats works and it’s possible to fly or shoot from the pilot or copilot position, as well as aim and shoot the M-60s as a door gunner. There are some simple "autopilot" modes available so the player can hand off control to the AI copilot. Currently there is no other crew AI functionality, but we expect this will be developed as we move ahead.

We are preparing to launch the pre-purchase beta option soon, so I think the above is probably a good description of what you can expect to be included, in addition to WIP manuals, some training and combat missions.

I will, with some hesitation, mention some of the features we are either working on or hope to implement as the product moves forward. Please understand that it is all subject to change depending on technical progress, available time, human resources, etc. At this point we are pretty confident about being able to implement sling loads, there is work ongoing on new animated infantry, we hope to include interactive crew AI, and multipayer coop mode as mentioned in the announcement.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote