DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hey guys, I have the Warthog Hotas, and i am not using the right hand pinky switch lever, which is not part of the a10 joystick design, but its there for sh*ts and giggles apparently.

I thought it would be a fantastic idea to map that button as my F1, so that when I contact my Jtac, or whatever, and I keep having to press F1 to confirm stuff, i might as well not have to strain to press F1 on the keyoard and just pinky that sucker.

Problem is... it wont work... Lets say I observe another plane in F2 mode and would otherwise need to press F1 to go back to my plane, when i hit that button it works. But when dealing with radios, it wont respond.

Any ideas?

Problem is... it wont work... Lets say I observe another plane in F2 mode and would otherwise need to press F1 to go back to my plane, when i hit that button it works. But when dealing with radios, it wont respond.

Any ideas?

How are you mapping it. If you are mapping it in game to the F1 (Cockpit View) function it will only work as that function. When you do that you aren't really mapping it to F1, you are mapping it to cockpit view. The F1 that you want only exist during the time that the comms menus are active so it does not exist in the keymap.

What you need is for that button on the Warthog to actually send the actual keyboard code for 'F1'. The only way to do that with the Warthog is to use Target to program it. Unfortunately, that is not exactly simple since you can't just program the one button and leave the rest the way they are. You will have to do some tinkering with the stick and throttle lua files. Personally, for what your goal is, I probably would not bother with Target and just do something different.

There are a few threads around covering the topic. If you are interested in tinkering with Target I can point you in the right direction.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ahh... no.... damn it... I was hoping for a quick fix... i already spent an hour figuring out how to create a new lua file to make my second screen work to show the MFDs which works amazing, but no way of turning it off in the actual cockpit to save CPU power...

Those MFDs really eat up 50% of my FPS in certain situations....

I guess Il just stick to hitting F1 on the keyboard for now. Thanks for the response!

Ahh... no.... damn it... I was hoping for a quick fix... i already spent an hour figuring out how to create a new lua file to make my second screen work to show the MFDs which works amazing, but no way of turning it off in the actual cockpit to save CPU power...

I guess Il just stick to hitting F1 on the keyboard for now. Thanks for the response!

You can turn the views off in the cockpit. It requires some lua editing. I don't remember the details, read about it but not done it. If you have found information about exporting other displays like the RWR then you are in the right area.

I did a quick look and I think the info is somewhere in this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716&highlight=export+viewport

If you still have trouble finding the info PM me and I will dig through my files and see if I can find it.

NOTE: When reading that thread be aware that the info at the beginning is based on a previous version and some thing may be a bit different. So you will have to scan through for the changes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

my second screen work to show the MFDs which works amazing, but no way of turning it off in the actual cockpit to save CPU power...

This way. I think I have copied/pasted it from airdogs original message:

To get the incockpit MFD's to not render you now need to go to this file:

x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

Comment out line 31 by adding the -- as highlighted in red below

purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,

render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always

render_target_always = true

end

• ED Team
Hello!

I have a small question. What does mean "client" when we choose the skill of planes?

Thanks!

Good day!

PLAYER is the first player position

and CLIENT is other player slots for a multiplayer

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There's a few iPad apps that allow interactive control of the A-10C. Far more than simply reading PDFs or charts.

What do the iPad apps do? Can you provide a link to any of them? Is there some open API from ED that they use?

I've been looking for a good idea for an android app to build as I learn android development. This might be it!

Bullet damage

Never seen bullet damage in the cockpit window before, is this new? They should make so you see it from inside also, pretty cool.

Second thing, it would be greate to mod a IR transcievers that friendly troops could wear...

And after reading a couple of JTAC books, Flechette rockets would be awesome

And last, christmas reading: Danger Close, Steve Call

Merry Christmas!

Screen_111221_013129.thumb.jpg.d652bf6a0040bc5fb516c94585883829.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Laptop Alienware m17x

Intel Core 2 extreme CPU Q3000 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz

8 GB RAM

2 x NVIDIA 280M

TM HOTAS COUGAR,

24'' Samsung screen,

TIR5

In the briefing in the ME then write in the Red task and the Blue task areas as well as the main briefing. The main part is what everyone will see. Only players belonging to the red or blue team will see their task.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Something has been nagging me lately and i wanted to see if anybody knows here.

When you want to drop a bomb in CCRP mode, let's say a GPS guided munition, you get a different release cue. THe circle starts to rotate counter clockwise and release parameters are when it's in between the two triangles within the circle.

Is there any way of making them drop right away instead of holding down the release button when its within those two triangles? For example trying to release multiple bombs at the same time is hard because you need to fly higher to make the release cue longer, but the damn bombs dont release until the circle is about half way done between the two triangles... It's a waste of my time tbh. Any way to change that? Different release mode for that type of bomb?

Something has been nagging me lately and i wanted to see if anybody knows here.

When you want to drop a bomb in CCRP mode, let's say a GPS guided munition, you get a different release cue. THe circle starts to rotate counter clockwise and release parameters are when it's in between the two triangles within the circle.

Is there any way of making them drop right away instead of holding down the release button when its within those two triangles? For example trying to release multiple bombs at the same time is hard because you need to fly higher to make the release cue longer, but the damn bombs dont release until the circle is about half way done between the two triangles... It's a waste of my time tbh. Any way to change that? Different release mode for that type of bomb?

I don't think so. I believe the delay is necessary for readying the weapon and not just a release mode. On the other hand, the release paramaters are a little looser with IAMs, so....

DCS Wiki! :book:

Hello!

I have problems:

1. When a pilot of AI Aircraft ejects, I see just the canopy ejects but not the pilot. Why?

2. When I drob bombs on a boat, the simulator leave with an error message.

Thansk to answer me!

Good day!

Edited by Sheppard

Hey have any of you done the sound BIT test on the IFFCC?

There is one where it says "Obstacle" what does that reffer to? Iv never heard bitch betty say that to me yet.

Also, all altitude is displayed in ASL, so how can I see what my AGL is above 5 thousand feet? By default, the AGL is displayed on the nav block on the hud but up to 5K, I can also turn on the tape from the IFFCC menu, but that only goes up to 1500. The reason I need to know is due to SAM targets on mountains. I need to know how high I am to stay above their threat range but ASL is useless to me in mountain regions. Usually im up above 15K.

Edited by ralfidude