News from ED on Hotfixes!

Slothface

Unfortunately, after a month it isn't a hot fix anymore!:noexpression:

Is it already a month since 1.1.1.0 was released ??? Tempus Fugit

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

NO no, since the patch I crash about 50% more of the time, random drop outs, and last night I learned that if you watch your CBUs, you risk CTD, which happened to me twice, if you drop 2 CBUs at the same time (105s) it crashes the server (8 people disconnected at the same time), etc and so forth.

By far, this was the buggiest patch ever. The only two good things I can say are the TGP fix and the CBU animation... not that I can watch it from the F6 view, since I risk crashing lol. Not to mention the SEVERE master server problem with servers not being shown up, and the fact that the UP TIME clock on those servers that is listed (how long its been up) is also screwed up. Says its been up for 5 minutes, refresh, and it says its been up for 14 hours, refesh, and its been up for 5 hours, lol.

Im not writing these things down because I want to shame you, but just to say prove that this is NOT a stable patch and that hot fix couldnt be coming sooner lol. I still love the game and play it as much as possible... in between the crashes... and bugs... and... yeah.. you get the point.

+1 for patch release!!!

NO no, since the patch I crash about 50% more of the time, random drop outs, and last night I learned that if you watch your CBUs, you risk CTD, which happened to me twice, if you drop 2 CBUs at the same time (105s) it crashes the server (8 people disconnected at the same time), etc and so forth.

By far, this was the buggiest patch ever. The only two good things I can say are the TGP fix and the CBU animation... not that I can watch it from the F6 view, since I risk crashing lol. Not to mention the SEVERE master server problem with servers not being shown up, and the fact that the UP TIME clock on those servers that is listed (how long its been up) is also screwed up. Says its been up for 5 minutes, refresh, and it says its been up for 14 hours, refesh, and its been up for 5 hours, lol.

Im not writing these things down because I want to shame you, but just to say prove that this is NOT a stable patch and that hot fix couldnt be coming sooner lol. I still love the game and play it as much as possible... in between the crashes... and bugs... and... yeah.. you get the point.

+1 for patch release!!!

The CBU's and TGP - only good things about 1.1.1.0, very true! Everything else is buggy, including the messed up cockpit reflections. It's too late for any 'hotfix' now, ED would essentially need to release a 1.1.1.1 patch instead. We're not going to see 1.1.1.1 until well into next year, trust me. This is so much screwed up in 1.1.1.0 that there can not be a quick and easy 'hotfix'.

Does it help you guys to write about this ?

you allready know the answer :-)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

and can a moderator please change the thread name like "seeking..."

or at least add a "?" at the end -even this is in the "chit-chat" so I don't will pay attention anymore when I press "new posts"....;)

BTW:

Everyone can easily subscribe to the "official updates" thread and follow the advise of posting #6...

Edited by PeterP

Work is currently being undertaken, Monday to Saturday, 8-5 (and more, where applicable) on the bug reports and testing of resolved issues.

Is it reasonably possible to put a release-date on the fixes? Of course not? How on earth can one, especially in the software environment. What is however 100% certain is that work is progressing as fast as reasonably possible.

That said:

An answer to your question - When it's done.

Cannot possibly expect another answer now can you?

Thanks for the response. Sorry I din't reply. Been away for a while! Good to hear that its being worked on. I didn't expect anything less from you guys, just hadn't seen anything with regards to what was being done. As to timescales, it would be nice to have an estimate or at least news on what the problem is, if you've found it, and regular updates. We're all stakeholders here, buying and supporting your products. Just felt a bit left in the dark. Any good company would keep their stakeholders in the loop as much as possible. An estimate on timescales would be nice with the obvious caviat that it could take longer, it could take shorter time etc etc.

You wouldn't expect the same answer from us now would you? Give me your product. I'll pay for it. But when? Answer: When I pay for it! That just would go down well with you guys. Please, just info and estimates is good enough... show me some love ;) Maybe a sticky thread for ED to give progress and updates on it. It means a lot to us to know you care about keeping us in the loop.

The patch fixes, and additions are abso-friggin-lutely awesome BTW! Just a shame about the CTDs. Keep up the good work guys.

EDIT: Also, just noticed you moved my posting to a very obscure part of the forums which I really dont think is where it should be... please dont try and hide posts in obscure areas if thats what you're trying to do. Could you please move it back to a more appropriate forum area otherwise I will just post a link to here from the popular forum areas. Really think it should be in the DCS A-10C main forum if not in the crashes forum where I originally posted. This post has nothing to do with reality subjects, nor is it general chit chat. http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Edited by Slothface

Sloth

"You get enough sleep when you're dead!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM WH HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5 Pro

Processor: i5 2.67Ghz

Board: Intel DP55WB

Video: Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz

I've logged over 20 hours MP and haven't CTDed since the day 1.1.1.0 was released...

Well, every person I fly with online experiences them. They all have clean installs. They have all played missions created from earlier patches and from within the new 1.1.1.0 install. They have all played online on different servers and in single player and all experience the CTDs, not occassionally but nearly everytime.

Because you haven't experienced one doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You should know that as a tester. :joystick:

Sloth

+1

and can a moderator please change the thread name like "seeking..."

or at least add a "?" at the end -even this is in the "chit-chat" so I don't will pay attention anymore when I press "new posts"....;)

BTW:

Everyone can easily subscribe to the "official updates" thread and follow the advise of posting #6...

Sorry PeterP, It was meant to be a ? but I think my frustrated subconcious typed the ! mark. Maybe a mod could actually change it... and move my post back to where is appropriate and not move it to the back end of some random part of the forum, not cool guys!

Sloth

....and move my post back to where is appropriate and not move it to the back end of some random part of the forum, not cool guys!

If you have an issue with Forum moderation/administration, kindly contact a Community manager via PM. In the interim, I will again confirm the purpose of the Chit-Chat section:

The Chit-Chat section is designed to provide users an area where they can discuss topics generally related to the main website theme, but don't have a place in the specific forum sections. This is NOT a free OT area.

Your thread is not in a random part of the forum.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well, every person I fly with online experiences them. They all have clean installs. They have all played missions created from earlier patches and from within the new 1.1.1.0 install. They have all played online on different servers and in single player and all experience the CTDs, not occassionally but nearly everytime.

Because you haven't experienced one doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You should know that as a tester. :joystick:

I'm not saying there isn't a problem...I'm saying you can still fly MP even with the issues 1.0 has.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem...I'm saying you can still fly MP even with the issues 1.0 has.

Rgr Sir, just sounded like you were dismissing there was an issue. Thanks for clarifying, and my apologies.

Sloth

"The Chit-Chat section is designed to provide users an area where they can discuss topics generally related to the main website theme, but don't have a place in the specific forum sections. This is NOT a free OT area."

You're not wrong there Viper, I can see all sorts of topics similar to this in this forum area. Wind turbines, Christmas presents, Tablets, Android spying, current affairs. You get my drift, Im sure, that it would have been more appropriately been placed in a DCS A10C part of the forum such as ED Forums » English » DCS » DCS: A-10C Warthog.

Its just the tone in which my post was responded to and then moved to this part of the forum came across as a side-lining of the post and an attempt to bury it out the way. It may not have been the intention but is certainly how it came across. "When its done" is no answer and yes I can expect another answer. Surely, the dev team have the experience and skill to give a rough estimate on time. Alongside that, any info on the problem would great. So far, I've not seen any comms in the official updates about the issue or its resolution. I might be being a pleb here and missed a posting about it, in which case help a pleb out with the link or direct me to the right area to look. In a nutshell, anything more helpful then "When its done" would be less abrasive and nice to hear.

Am I being unreasonable?

EDIT: As for making a complaint about my issue of this thread being moved, I would rather hope the issue could be discussed before I go getting people into trouble or causing hassle. Thats not what I'm here for, but if you feel its the avenue I should take, I'll happily accept your advice.

Edited by Slothface

Sloth

In a nutshell, anything more helpful then "When its done" would be less abrasive and nice to hear.

Am I being unreasonable?

Unfortunately any answer more specific than this has lead in the past to accusations of ED lying, or attempting to defraud its customers, or something equally ridiculous, when release dates were missed.

This has happened on Numerous occasions and ED has been burned too many times.

So, it will be done "When its done". Sorry.

Nate

Thanks for the response Nate. I understand where you're coming from now. Can't anything be given even if the timescales are heavily laiden with "this is only a target, bare with us..." "This is an estimated release date ONLY and is our target but is completely subject to change due to unforseen circumstances at this stage..." etc Surely folks can't hold you to account of timescale changes if its phrased like this?

General communications would be nice in the official updates. Just takes 1 member of the team 10 mins every few days to update the community. We're just frustrated with the CTDs and comms would ease the pain and give a little light at the end of the tunnel for a community who has such huge support for all your great work.

Edited by Slothface

Sloth

Thanks for the response Nate. I understand where you're coming from now. Can't anything be given even if the timescales are heavily laiden with "this is only a target, bare with us..." "This is an estimated release date ONLY and is our target but is completely subject to change due to unforseen circumstances at this stage..." etc Surely folks can't hold you to account of timescale changes if its phrased like this?

If only.. Typical example: the time between DCS modules. It's been about a year now (I think) since the A-10C beta was released and people have trolled about the next module. However, it was announced ( a long... long time ago) that the 9 months timeline would start after DVD (or similar) release (this all if I recall correctly obviously..).

You'd be surprised - every single announcement from ED comes with the caveat of "No Promises" or "Subject to change" Nothing is ever given as a definite, yet still accusations of deception are levelled at ED when things go awry.

It is a no win situation really.

General communications would be nice in the official updates. Just takes 1 member of the team 10 mins every few days to update the community. We're just frustrated with the CTDs and comms would ease the pain and give a little light at the end of the tunnel for a community who has such huge support for all your great work.

Trust me I understand the frustration and although I'd like to see detailed updates too, I don't see it happening right now - maybe in the future,only ED can say.

If only.. Typical example: the time between DCS modules. It's been about a year now (I think) since the A-10C beta was released and people have trolled about the next module. However, it was announced ( a long... long time ago) that the 9 months timeline would start after DVD (or similar) release (this all if I recall correctly obviously..).

Even then it was only ever a notional idea that has since morphed by Chinese whispers to become a solid promise that ED has reneged on.

Nate