Start up procedures checklist?

kingneptune117

I used to have a really nice one that someone posted a while back but I lost it. Can someone point me in the direction of a start up checklist that I can print out. I'm a bit rusty when it comes to starting up manually.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I use this one, it's great.

Note that you need to delay steps 7-9 (turning on the radios) of the Electrical Systems and Radio Setup checklist until after Step 5 of the APU and Engines Start-Up checklist.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

hm pretty sure that is in italian. Any others?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

oh i was looking for like a one page print out spreadsheet style thing.

Thanks Juuba, I just updated the Cold Start Checklist to reflect all Final Release changes.

Here are two I made for our VFS, normal ops and emergency procedures. These are made to fit on a 5 x 8 inch kneeboard.

Have just printed them out. I was making my own set, but not to this sort of standard so have started using these :thumbup: Have tested them out to the point of Fence In and they work perfect. Only problem I am having is that I cannot get the EAC to Arm. Any idea what I might be doing wrong??

Great job paulrkii.....+1 rep inbound

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass

Have just printed them out. I was making my own set, but not to this sort of standard so have started using these :thumbup: Have tested them out to the point of Fence In and they work perfect. Only problem I am having is that I cannot get the EAC to Arm. Any idea what I might be doing wrong??

You cannot activate the EAC until the INS is aligned. You will know it is aligned when "INS READY" flashes on the CDU. After it starts flashing, you can then flip on the EAC switch.

You cannot activate the EAC until the INS is aligned. You will know it is aligned when "INS READY" flashes on the CDU. After it starts flashing, you can then flip on the EAC switch.

Are you waiting until the EGI is aligned? The switch won't engage until your EGI is fully aligned.

EDIT....lol you beat me to it :D

Here are two I made for our VFS, normal ops and emergency procedures. These are made to fit on a 5 x 8 inch kneeboard.

Wow these are great. Printing now! :thumbup:

BTW, I think I am doing my LIFT 1 tonight!

I may be on, not sure I'll be on depends on if the wife lets me or not :D

Not a problem if you are not, Source told me he should be on today.

hm pretty sure that is in italian. Any others?

If you'd have looked, you'd have seen it is in English. And it is excellent.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I use this one, it's great.

Note that you need to delay steps 7-9 (turning on the radios) of the Electrical Systems and Radio Setup checklist until after Step 5 of the APU and Engines Start-Up checklist.

I think radio issue if started before engine generators are running have been resolved in final release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks gents. I ws seeing the INS RDY on the CDU, but wasn't waiting till it was flashing. Only realised when I read the checklist and noticed T=4.0 0.8 I still had it at 3.6 and 1.6

Works fine now!! :thumbup:

Just done the Smerch Hunt mission, got one SCUD launcher and got as far as Fence Out in the checklist, all good and had a giggle to myself as the checklist says 5. Damage Visually check wings.......check LOL (I've got half a wing missing!!)

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass

Thanks gents. I ws seeing the INS RDY on the CDU, but wasn't waiting till it was flashing. Only realised when I read the checklist and noticed T=4.0 0.8 I still had it at 3.6 and 1.6

Works fine now!! :thumbup:

Just done the Smerch Hunt mission, got one SCUD launcher and got as far as Fence Out in the checklist, all good and had a giggle to myself as the checklist says 5. Damage Visually check wings.......check LOL (I've got half a wing missing!!)

:megalol:

I think radio issue if started before engine generators are running have been resolved in final release.

Nope, if I turn on the radios before I've started the APU, then I don't get any response from anyone. I spent hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get a response to my request for engine start until I found a thread talking about this issue.

If you'd have looked, you'd have seen it is in English. And it is excellent.

The second download on the page is the short checklist and yes, it is in English. But the first download in the list, which is an in depth 20 page ramp startup explanation with images of where the switches are located....THAT is in Italian.

Would be nice to have the in-depth procedure in English.

I can use adobe to read the characters and then paste the text into Babelfish to translate, but Babelfish does a terrible job. It would take some time to re-write....but I guess I would know the startup procedure by the end! LOL

The second download on the page is the short checklist and yes, it is in English.

Yep, that's the one I was talking about. To me this is the perfect checklist. A checklist should be just that, a checklist, not an instructional aid. Don't get me wrong, I see the value in a detailed step by step guide, but once you "know" the process the check list only needs to be there to ensure that you don't miss a step.