Yep, so I bought a Leap Motion controller to use in DCS VR and I'm having a stack of issues.
1) whenever I try to run any apps in the Leap Gallery, I just get a 'controller not connected' type error message.
2) in Visualizer (and in DCS) I can see the hands OK, but fingers don't work properly in certain parts of the screen. If I move an outstretched fingers hand around, in certain locations, some fingers move to a closed position when they shouldn't do. This makes using the device useless in DCS as certain cockpit functions are activated by mistake!
3) Also, in DCS, I'm confused by blue lines and green lines emitting from the hands when fist clenched. What is the difference between the colours?
4) I can't see what the 'action' gesture is. When there is a button to press, then that works OK by just touching it with a 'finger', but when there is a 2 or 3 way switch, or a menu option, I can't tell how to action those.
5) it stops my PC from sleeping. I have to disconnect it after each use.
So far, I would agree with @streakeagle and say it is a waste of money for DCS. But, I'm happy to be proven wrong as I might be missing something here.
I agree with that. I don't think it's a ED thing as the same tracking issues are seen in Leap Motion apps.