Hello DCS Pilots. Welcome to this topic about the VSN F/A-18D that is using the F/A-18C Cockpit and EFM.
This does not affect the C Model At all. You can fly both!!!
The VSN Textures have been redone by Strider32
Liveries included are just RAAF Skins that all of them have been done from scratch a lot of detail has been added. Made by Strider32, Josh-109
To get this Mod to work you will need The F/A-18C Module, and JSGME.
Mod Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sM0gfUQyG-F5qis4hI7ZNpy81UucOnDi/view?usp=sharing
Strider32 F/A-18D Template: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1addVDeKfZgzSwIrN1wcWzTsvbzvMxIoZ?usp=sharing
How to Install
1: Unzip the FA-18D.rar
2: Cope file to your JSGME _MODS Folder. OR you can copy it straight in to your main DCS game Folder but I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!!! as when the game updates it will kill the Mod
1. Will not have full F/A-18C sounds like engines or any kind of APU sounds and out side sounds
2. Could be some carrier issues like landing hook may not catch wire (i don't do carrier type flying as much)
3. If flying with minors you will see two glass cockpit model
4. When canopy up a mask will show up in the cockpit view.
5. Speed brake works but will not see the model of the air brake work. but when flying MP if you see a other D hornet flying you can see there's going in and out.
I would like to point out that I did not make the model just edit .lua files. Model is from the VSN Team
and the original Textures. Cockpit is the DCS F/A-18C. I don't want to take credit from other Teams. Just want to make DCS more enjoyable with others.