ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Virtual Reality (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   VR IMPROVEMENTS (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228031)

javipamp 12-26-2018 10:42 AM

VR IMPROVEMENTS

DCS is great but many of us are jumping into VR and we need better optimisations to enjoy the flight simulator in VR. I read in December news that you were introducing some improvements. When are we going to see them?
Many thanks.

Snails161 12-26-2018 10:56 AM

That’s the burning question. I’m thinking of buying s new MSI laptop (i9 with 1080) but I’m waiting out until these updates come online.

pagadi-zaiet 12-26-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javipamp (Post 3734539)
DCS is great but many of us are jumping into VR and we need better optimisations to enjoy the flight simulator in VR. I read in December news that you were introducing some improvements. When are we going to see them?
Many thanks.

Good question, which I also have asked...someone replied;... still in development! Saying that the December news indicated (if it is correctly written) that these developments have been done. What I do not like around here is the fact we very rarely hear in this forums directly from the devs. People have various opinions and speculations but it mainly stops there. This is an much anticipated and needed betterment for this sim and in my opinion needs urgent clarification...what has been done so far?...what is still being worked on?...when we should expect actually these improvement to go out. Before people will jump to criticise me for asking and/or being not patient please understand I have invested hundred of pounds in this simulation!

javipamp 12-26-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagadi-zaiet (Post 3734563)
Good question, which I also have asked...someone replied;... still in development! Saying that the December news indicated (if it is correctly written) that these developments have been done. What I do not like around here is the fact we very rarely hear in this forums directly from the devs. People have various opinions and speculations but it mainly stops there. This is an much anticipated and needed betterment for this sim and in my opinion needs urgent clarification...what has been done so far?...what is still being worked on?...when we should expect actually these improvement to go out. Before people will jump to criticise me for asking and/or being not patient please understand I have invested hundred of pounds in this simulation!

I totally agree with you. At the moment I'm not going to buy more from DCS until I see some VR improvements. I'm holding my further investement.
What about "Variable Rate Shading" and "Fixed Foveated Rendering"? It would bring great improvements in fps.

pagadi-zaiet 12-26-2018 11:42 AM

The post processing lighting additions did not do any favours to VR performance. In 1.5 things were way better looking and performing. Currently the visuals are blocky, muddy and less sharp looking!

FragBum 12-26-2018 11:52 AM

From here,..

Quote:

Fixed Foveated Rendering (FFR) is a technique used on Oculus Go that makes use of tile-based rendering to render the edges of the eye texture at a lower resolution than the center. This is nearly imperceptible to the user as it only affects peripheral sections of the view and can significantly improve GPU fill performance. In Unity, Fixed Foveated Rendering can be enabled or disabled using the OVRManager.tiledMultiResLevel property. Read more about FFR in this blog post.
I would strongly disagree with this as an option, it presumes that you do not scan the whole screen presented on the HMD by moving your eyes as you would in real life. :(

pagadi-zaiet 12-26-2018 11:54 AM

ASW 2 will help a lot...but no news from Oculus on that one also for weeks now!

dburne 12-26-2018 02:06 PM

Well we did get more Touch type integration in most recent update.
Hopefully some performance optimizations will be coming soon.

kaltokri 12-26-2018 03:45 PM

There are some posts about great performance improvements since the last update of the beta version. I have only the stable version because of laking space on my SSD. But I hope the improvments come to stable version soon.

nrosko 12-26-2018 03:47 PM

We just need some patience, creating another thread about it isn't going to speed things up.