ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Mods and Apps (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Kneeboard Builder (windows app) (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341)

AlaskanGrizzly 08-30-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uboats (Post 2161782)
It seems that 1.2 will touch the Kneeboard foloer in DCS World/Bazar/Terrain and make a copy of orig Kneeboard folder. Since all the operations will be erased after update or repair, so I suggest all changes should be done in Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard

All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.

Home Fries 08-30-2014 07:03 PM

Awesome program! Rep inbound.

uboats 08-30-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly (Post 2161851)
All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.

sounds good. :thumbup:

Home Fries 08-31-2014 12:08 AM

Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.

outlawal2 08-31-2014 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home Fries (Post 2162025)
Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.

Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..

AlaskanGrizzly 08-31-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home Fries (Post 2162025)
Possible bug report:

Does it still show the progress bar and the page conversion status text? Can you tell me the filepath of the .pdf file you were trying to import, the group name you were trying to use and the version of windows you are using? Thanks for the report.

Home Fries 08-31-2014 03:45 AM

PM sent with the data you requested.

Flagrum 08-31-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlawal2 (Post 2162060)
Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..

No, {}[]() are all legal characters in filenames under NTFS.

AlaskanGrizzly 09-01-2014 02:02 AM

Version 1.2.1.0 Release

Version 1.2.1.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 installed the updated should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder. (hopefully :))

Version 1.2.1.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of .pdf files with names containing special characters not being imported correctly
-fixed issue of Kneeboard Builder not loading due to limited or lost internet connection
-updated readme file

Vespa 09-01-2014 03:49 PM

Auto updater works perfect! Well done AlaskanGrizzly and keep up the great work