ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   AvioDev (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=338)
-   -   Mirage F1 (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127614)

King_Hrothgar 12-28-2015 07:53 AM

My main concern in aircraft models is to get something characteristic of those used in actual or potential wars. For me, the Mirage F.1 will be a stand in for the Iraqi EQ models from the 1980's Iran-Iraq War and 1990/91 Gulf War. To that end, I want a Mirage F.1E with Super 530F's and AM-39 Exocets, beyond that I don't much care which specific national variant is made. I only ask for something similar to those that saw significant combat.

On a related note, did the F.1EE the Spanish bought have AM-39's?

pepin1234 12-28-2015 08:06 AM

It I s exactly what I think too. If they want to make the EE Spanish version is OK, but first should be the real combat action F-1E.

Aviodev is doing two versions of C-101, perfect. Will be great they do the same with F-1E/EE

WinterH 12-28-2015 09:51 AM

As far as I know, all export versions of Mirage F-1 have an additional letter in their variant name.

So there is no Iraqi F-1E, that is F-1EQ, like Spanish ones are F-1EE. Also, I think they all differ in one way or other.

Personally, if possible I would want F-1C, F-1EE and F-1M. But I guess first thing first, will be a single variant and in that case I believe E is the best compromise, being more multirole-ish. Aviodev being a Spanish company, it is understandable they'd prefer EE, and chances of them getting access to an old airframe or may be at least former pilots in their country is higher anyway, so it is better for us end consumers they prefer to do a EE in this sense, if we want to get it as accurate as possible.

As for earlier discussion on Mirage F-1 and BVR (I think it was on MiG-23 thread), F-1C versions including non upgareded ones should be BVR capable, so is the F-1M. I'd wager MiG-23 of comparable era would be somewhat better in BVR than Mirage F-1 but, fighter versions of Mirage did have the ability to lob missiles further than eye can see, even if just barely so.

That is why ideally it would be best to get multiple variants of the aircraft, one stiker that would serve as a fighter in a pinch, and one dedicated fighter, that may also do some limited attack in a pinch. So I hope Aviodev can do a F-1CE + F-1EE package.

BButcher94 12-28-2015 01:47 PM

The way I see it, Aviodev want to make the most true to life F-1 that they can and I would assume that they are more likely to have access to a F-1EE than an Iraqi variant. I'd rather they make a highly detailed F-1EE than a Iraqi one with some guesswork since they don't have access to that aircraft.

Angelthunder 12-29-2015 04:33 AM

I can't wait to add a Mirage F1 in my DCS garage.I'll probably get this Mirage version first,unless someone else makes a Mirage III or earlier Dassault fighters.

mattebubben 12-29-2015 08:11 AM

The ultimate thing for me would be to have a CC or EE aswell as a more advanced M model (comming along slightly later maby).

So you have one "older" and one Upgraded variant.

129 B-3 12-30-2015 04:18 PM

Of the export variants,
Moroccan F1's saw the most heavy combat usage after the Iraqi F1's.
With Libya next in line, most probably.
Only 4 export variants are "real" 2nd Generation F1's (original, non-updated) with digital Nav/Attack System :
F1EH
F1EDA
F1EJ
F1EQ (inclusive the EQ4, 5 and 6)

All others are generally F1C with an inertial navigation system. Their cockpits
generally have a similar configuration like a F1C, the main difference is the INS panel on the right-hand console.
Dassault regarded all F1's with INS as Multi-Role.

Short nose / long nose
Early F1C without IFR capability have the "short nose" , i.e. the "normal" fuselage length.
The F1C-200 and all other variants with IFR capability have the forward end of the fuselage re-constructed and
lengthened by 8 cm. There was no "plug", as it is so often mentioned in literature.
There are three variants without IFR capability but which have the lengthened fuselage :
F1CK-2
F1EDA
F1JA

~

Flyschool 12-30-2015 05:31 PM

Mirage F1CR or riot

mattebubben 01-06-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyschool (Post 2623159)
Mirage F1CR or riot

well its most likley gonna be one of the variants used by spain.

so either F1CE (spanish designation for F1C)
F1 EE (spanish F1E)

Or the later and more capable F1M (upgrade program made in the 1990s upgrading most of the Spanish F1Cs and F1Es to F1M standard with new radar cockpit MFDs a new hud and a large number of other improvements)

Flyschool 01-06-2016 09:44 AM

Maybe a CR or CT version in the futur after all spanish one