ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: C-101 AvioJet (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=339)
-   -   Sea Eagle anti-ship (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252006)

pappavis 10-09-2019 02:45 PM

Sea Eagle anti-ship

If I am correct, the Sea Eagle can only be launched only on mission-editor preset targets.

Back in Su-33 could launch Kh-41s in similiar fashion only onto mission editor targets. That missile was <=2007 removed from the Su-33 in pre-DCS.

Are there plans for updates to the Sea Eagle, so to point-and-shoot, so the missile would go active straight after launch, and engage anything inside its seeker sensor' range. The missile should in my uneducated opinion have a fire-and-forget mode.
Maybe could be set as mission editor option: pre-planned target, or point-and-shoot.

Silver_Dragon 10-09-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappavis (Post 4067043)
Back in Su-33 could launch Kh-41s in similiar fashion only onto mission editor targets. That missile was <=2007 removed from the Su-33 in pre-DCS.

That missile only show as a Mockup, and never was integrated on any Su-33.

kontiuka 10-09-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

The missile should in my uneducated opinion have a fire-and-forget mode.

This is high on my wish list but I can wait until higher priority stuff is taken care of.

Sparky28 10-09-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontiuka (Post 4067066)
This is high on my wish list but I can wait until higher priority stuff is taken care of.

Agreed I'd really like this but i'd like to be able to hear the engine also

xvii-Dietrich 10-09-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

If I am correct, the Sea Eagle can only be launched only on mission-editor preset targets.

Correct. And it is only one target per aircraft group (so, if you have aircraft groups of one aircraft each, it is one aircraft per target).

The Sea Eagle was only ever used on the C-101 in RL for trials and these were pre-planned against known targets.

So, yes, the current implementation is realistic. Fire-and-forget mode is going off in the "what if" direction. Nice, sure, but hardly a priority.

Jester986 10-10-2019 09:12 PM

It's an artistic liberty I would gladly accept for the sake of multiplayer and not having access to the mission editor.

Butcher868 10-29-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Are there plans for updates to the Sea Eagle, so to point-and-shoot, so the missile would go active straight after launch, and engage anything inside its seeker sensor' range. The missile should in my uneducated opinion have a fire-and-forget mode.
Maybe could be set as mission editor option: pre-planned target, or point-and-shoot.

Yes pls pls pls

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jester986 10-29-2019 06:16 PM

Any word on this?

zcrazyx 10-29-2019 08:53 PM

If there was a way to instead make the missile fire at a target via a marker on the map that would negate the need for the editor and still require you to know where a target is, it would solve both issues and open up opportunies.

Streicher 12-23-2019 09:46 PM

Will there be an update to allow the Sea Eagle to be targeted at a spot determined before take-off but without access to the mission editor?
DCS in multiplayer has no mission planning tool, the Viggen's ASW can be programmed via the CK37 or by external cartridge generation. As I understand the Aviojet has no mission cartridge. But the Viggen can also load F10 map Markpoints to be programmed into the weapons on startup.
If the Sea Eagle never had an opportunity mode I'm against implementing that, but I would be interested if it would be possible to program them on the ground, either via kneeboard or even more comfortable via F10 markpoints?