ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Payment and Activation (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196857)

BIGNEWY 11-29-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 3305101)
Is there a limited number of activations (or even a concept of activation?), in case we switch back to an older version of DCS for example, then back to the latest, or re-install DCS, ...?

There are no activation's, it is linked to your ED account.

You can only use The AV-8B from this version number on-wards, so older versions can not be used for the AV-8B

Groove 11-29-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azatoth78 (Post 3305097)
Greetings, thanks for all the great work! i think you are in the correct direction but i have a couple of questions: do you have planes for a two step verification or something like steam guard in case of stolen account? if i pass more than 4 day without internet i lost the posibility of use my modules? when i reconect to the dcs server i recover this?

We certainly consider such a possibility. We will keep you informed when plans evolve.

Redglyph 11-29-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGNEWY (Post 3305120)
There are no activation's, it is linked to your ED account.

You can only use The AV-8B from this version number on-wards, so older versions can not be used for the AV-8B

Yes of course, I meant for the other aircraft once they change to this new protection scheme.

That's great, thanks!

sc_neo 11-29-2017 06:16 PM

Hrm, i don't like the idea of not being able to fly if i am for whatever reason without internet for a longer time. It does not pertain to me at this point, but software that stops working once your out of civilization is generally not a good idea. Is 1.5 or 2.1 ''calling home'' at the moment, even if i don't fire up ED DCS for a week or longer?

Wags 11-29-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc_neo (Post 3305161)
Hrm, i don't like the idea of not being able to fly if i am for whatever reason without internet for a longer time. It does not pertain to me at this point, but software that stops working once your out of civilization is generally not a good idea. Is 1.5 or 2.1 ''calling home'' at the moment, even if i don't fire up ED DCS for a week or longer?

You are not required to log in every four days. I just means that after a four day mark, it will send a verification the next time you play DCS World.

Grizzly Vzla 11-29-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groove (Post 3305134)
We certainly consider such a possibility. We will keep you informed when plans evolve.

Thanks Excellent!

cordite 11-29-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wags (Post 3305170)
You are not required to log in every four days. I just means that after a four day mark, it will send a verification the next time you play DCS World.

To clarify, if one is without Internet for longer than four days, a connection will then be required to resume playing, after that four days is up?

Arsonist 11-29-2017 06:43 PM

@ cordite

The message states (now) the following:
"The new system will just “phone home” after a four day period or the next time you log into DCS World."

I understand it as:
a) With internet connection, it contacts an ED server every four days.
b) Without internet connection, the next time you have an internet connection (whenever that might be).

cordite 11-29-2017 06:45 PM

It's been edited, as you've noticed. I read the locked post on the other forum.

But I think 7 days would be much more reasonable. :/

There was no need for the snark.

Arsonist 11-29-2017 06:55 PM

@ cordite
You are right!
My first post was not adressed to you, but rather a general observation. We just happend to post in short succession. The second one was for you.

I will edit them...