ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS World 2.5 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   AI Pairs takeoff and landing - new? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247928)

Whiskeybravo 08-18-2019 03:09 PM

AI Pairs takeoff and landing - new?

I've just noticed the AI performing a pairs takeoff and subsequently watched a four ship AI land as 2 pairs.

Is this a new thing or am I just too old and have't noticed it before.

Either way, well done ED, it makes waiting for a pair to depart a more pleasant experience. :)

Cheers,

WB.

Eaglewings 08-18-2019 05:04 PM

AI pair takeoff and landing has been in for long while now. Cannot remember since when but having been seeing AI do that.
I have equally seen AI following me in a real close formation flight. The AI was really close I was so impressed.

chrisofsweden 08-19-2019 07:41 AM

Yes. It's been in for quite a while. Don't know if it happens still that the AI sometimes lands in pairs on the carrier too :lol: , or if that has been corrected.

Emmy 08-19-2019 08:17 AM

AI will depart in pairs when “Takeoff From Runway” is used at spawn. Really wish they’d all enter the runway and align properly before takeoff regardless of how they start in game. Pretty sure the element landing is skill level dependent. “Excellent” will always do it but “Good” Or “ Average” generally won’t.

Tippis 08-20-2019 01:46 PM

As others have said, it's been in for quite a while, but that said, they have been tweaking T/O and landing behaviours a fair bit the last couple of months. They sneaked in the ability to tell AI planes to land to rearm and refuel a while back, and it… ehrm… had issues at first, but is now working very nicely (handbrake J-turns aside). Some of that seems to have affected how AI behave around airports in general, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some under-the-hood ATC mechanics being fiddled with as well, as part of the larger carrier ATC overhaul, that might subtly alter these behaviours.

Whiskeybravo 08-20-2019 02:01 PM

Well it was good to see. I hadn't realised that a pair would takeoff together as long as they were set to 'takeoff from runway'. I usually set my AI to start from the ramp so as to give the airfield a little more life while I'm going through my start ups.

Good to see that the ATC systems seems to be getting a bit of an overhaul. The carrier stuff looks interesting. I wonder how much of it will translate to land based ops. It would be great to have a crew chief and ground-crew to interact with whilst checking flaps and air-brakes etc!!

WB.

daarseth 08-21-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisofsweden (Post 4013296)
Yes. It's been in for quite a while. Don't know if it happens still that the AI sometimes lands in pairs on the carrier too :lol: , or if that has been corrected.

Oh yes, my wing man followed me right in when I snagged a pretty respectful 4 wire. Caught the wire, just started to roll back and ...... BOOM! Didn't realize what it actually was the caused the explosion until going back thru the track. Needless to say, I was disappointed and :megalol: all at the same time....

Cheers,

Don

Eagle7907 08-23-2019 05:03 PM

AI Pairs takeoff and landing - new?

It would be great if AI would takeoff/land in pair with player from ramp start. Don’t know why they won’t yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zhukov032186 08-23-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle7907 (Post 4017464)
It would be great if AI would takeoff/land in pair with player from ramp start. Don’t know why they won’t yet.

Because players are completely unpredictable and 75% of them can't takeoff/land in formation to save their ass.

Eagle7907 08-23-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhukov032186 (Post 4017556)
Because players are completely unpredictable and 75% of them can't takeoff/land in formation to save their ass.

I understand that, but the player can also dictate if AI will or not follow them, yes? You can either tell them to RTB or stay with the player. Hell, they could even make it for only excellent AI. I think it should be there. Just more icing on the cake, the abilities to give the player options already exist.