ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Western Europe 1944-1945 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=340)
-   -   The Battle of the Stretch Goal (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114788)

hegykc 09-30-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdoc (Post 1890367)
Even the guys with 1$ pledge will get 3 flyables.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It doesn't say that in the description of the 1$ pledge.

It says 3 free planes in the goal description, and that can change as far as I understand?

To make the planes payware, and then make them available for a 1$ pledge would be another shot in the foot.

airdoc 09-30-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linx (Post 1890363)
Can somebody please explain this to me?

Backers at the 1$ level, did so on the promise of 3 free flyables with the game. If that is going to change, and only 1 will be free, then these guys will still get 3 planes for 1$.

Roadrunner 09-30-2013 10:40 AM

sorry if someone posted it before, but i just lack the time to read 12 pages right now, so here is my opinion:

saying it at this time is easy, i know, but after following this project since start, i think you should have made the 109, spit and p-47 as modules for DCS:World, selling them regulary. after the release of those, a kickstarter for a wonderfull map and AI WWII crafts, followed by playable stuff at the stretch goals would have made a difference. those three modules would have given money, and not a small account, as many people are waiting for a spit and a 109, and you could have focused after that on a map and stretch goal items.

even more you could have waited with this for edge to be released, dont know the internal state of edge, but wouldnt have been bad anyway.

i also think it would have taken away a lot of the confusion that was generated as well.

yes, its easy to say now, 5 days before KS end, but who knows for what good this opinion is.

airdoc 09-30-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegykc (Post 1890371)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It doesn't say that in the description of the 1$ pledge.

It says 3 free planes in the goal description, and that can change as far as I understand?

To make the planes payware, and then make them available for a 1$ pledge would be another shot in the foot.

I don't think that it will be. Obviously, there is a lot more to lose if ilya changes what he promised to the people who have already backed, even at 1$. They are not that many, so it's a better move to keep his initial promise to them and give them 3 free flyables than to lose his credibility.

Only new backers will get 1 free flyable at the 1$ level. Not the existing ones. If he took these planes away from them (existing backers), it would be a disaster for his image.

Bucic 09-30-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylkhan (Post 1890339)
Why LUTHIERS didn't realize this, before his KS

What do you mean?

hegykc 09-30-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdoc (Post 1890375)
I don't think that it will be. Obviously, there is a lot more to lose if ilya changes what he promised to the people who have already backed, even at 1$. They are not that many, so it's a better move to keep his initial promise to them and give them 3 free flyables than to lose his credibility.

Only new backers will get 1 free flyable at the 1$ level. Not the existing ones. If he took these planes away from them (existing backers), it would be a disaster for his image.

Oh. So lock the old 1$ pledge, sort of an early bird special? Make the new 1$ with 1 free flyable. Yeah I can see that working. Thereby loosing only 36 sets of planes.

Vijar 09-30-2013 10:47 AM

Both $0 and $1 for three full-DCS aircraft is way too cheap, it makes people feel those planes are almost worthless, like in World of Tanks or War Thunder.

Bucic 09-30-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havner (Post 1890364)
You get this wrong. The only change that was proposed in this regard was to give non backers less. So it would be an incentive for them to pledge. All current and futures pledges will get what was promised. Read carefully next time. It's stated clearly.

I think we'll have to repeat this many times.

airdoc 09-30-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegykc (Post 1890382)
Oh. So lock the old 1$ pledge, sort of an early bird special? Make the new 1$ with 1 free flyable. Yeah I can see that working. Thereby loosing only 36 sets of planes.

exactly.
Again, this means, it's time for people who haven't pledge to pledge now.
With only one free flyable coming up, this means that it would cost over 100$ to buy the remaining 4 (or 5 if we hit the stretch).
Whereas you can get them for 40$ now.

sylkhan 09-30-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucic (Post 1890377)
What do you mean?

I mean 3 aircrafts at DCS level is a lot of work, Giving them for free was ..strange, very strange.
He had to think twice.
Reading all these changes make me wonder if this guy really knows his stuff. He seems to be in the darkness :)