ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Bugs (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   [REPORTED] JDAM issues (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254210)

Direwolf 11-01-2019 04:02 PM

[REPORTED] JDAM issues

I´m trying to hit several targets in one single pass (4 bombs, one each station), so I watched some videos and thought I had learned how to. Or something is bugged, or I am doing something wrong.
Let´s see:
1 - Turn on TGP, Master Arm, A/G, and select JDAM;
2 - After some minutes everything is on (TGP and JDAM is ready), so I start to set the things: EFUZ Inst, select all stations (QTY), PP mode selected (PP1), and fly to the OA;
3 - Find a Target, change PP to TOO, TDC depress, and return to PP mode. Ok, the coordinates are stored to the station linked to PP1.
4 - Remember I´m on PP mode! Press Step to change station (it changes), and automatically mode is change to TOO! First weird behavior!
5 - Press mode to PP, and my PP1 is already set in the new station with the old coordinates!!! Second weird behavior.
6 - Keep trying to set the other stations with the same result!

What I´m trying to do? Set all the bombs in PP1 mode (using TOO mode for each one), and release them all in one pass.

What´s the issue?

Ramsay 11-01-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 4094339)
What´s the issue?

Behaviour has changed since the addition of the Viper, so previous guides and youtube videos don't apply.

IMHO it's best to wait until ED decide on the correct implementation for Hornet PP drops.

If you must try, this is supposed to work -

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...82#post4089682

YMMV.

=4c=Nikola 11-01-2019 04:12 PM

How it currently works:

Every station has its own master mode (PP or TOO) saved and submode (TOO1/TOO2 and PP1,2,3...) saved. So, you can setup each station to master mode and submode you want, and when you cycle through other stations back to it, it will display mode and submode just as you left it.

There is an exception though. If you have a target designated in the system (via HSI or via TGP, or whatever other mode), when you press step, next station will default to TOO1 automatically.

Method that works is:
1. Select efuse and qty.
2. Step through each station and set it to TOO
----------------------------
3. Designate target
4. Change to PP and then to TOO again
5. Undesignate target
6. Step to next station
----- Go to 3. and repeat the process for all stations
7. Step through each station and switch it to PP
8. Drop bombs.

will- 11-02-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola (Post 4094360)
How it currently works:

Every station has its own master mode (PP or TOO) saved and submode (TOO1/TOO2 and PP1,2,3...) saved. So, you can setup each station to master mode and submode you want, and when you cycle through other stations back to it, it will display mode and submode just as you left it.

There is an exception though. If you have a target designated in the system (via HSI or via TGP, or whatever other mode), when you press step, next station will default to TOO1 automatically.

Method that works is:
1. Select efuse and qty.
2. Step through each station and set it to TOO
----------------------------
3. Designate target
4. Change to PP and then to TOO again
5. Undesignate target
6. Step to next station
----- Go to 3. and repeat the process for all stations
7. Step through each station and switch it to PP
8. Drop bombs.

thats exactly how it worked "before viper update".

Hog_No32 11-02-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsay (Post 4094355)
[…]
IMHO it's best to wait until ED decide on the correct implementation for Hornet PP drops.
[…]

+1. That‘s my approach to it as well. I still play around with them from time to time but only with single bomb on each station.

I don‘t get to fly so often these days and that makes it more difficult for me to break/change the muscle memory for JDAM employment once they implement further changes to the logic. So I refrain a bit from using them until we get more updates.

Ramsay 11-02-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will- (Post 4095014)
thats exactly how it worked "before viper update".

No, before the Viper update, if you set a Hornet station to PP, it stayed in that mode.

Currently, with a designated target i.e. via TGP, waypoint, etc., stepping to a station *automatically* puts it in TO mode and switching it to PP, updates the station's PP co-ordinates to the current SPI, rather than use it's current value.

Due to this, once PP1 / PP2 have been programmed, you *must* undesignate any target point.

You can then step though the stations and set them to PP. As there is no designated target point, stepping through the stations again they remain in PP mode and you can perform a multi-drop in one pass.

Previous Behaviour

Before the Viper update, after using the TGP to uploaded PP targets, you could leave it looking at the last target i.e. to monitor for threats during your ingress and for BDA on your egress.

If you do that now, the TGP's SPI will overwrite the existing PP points, as you step between bomb stations.

MrReynolds 11-02-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog_No32 (Post 4095135)
+1. That‘s my approach to it as well. I still play around with them from time to time but only with single bomb on each station.

I don‘t get to fly so often these days and that makes it more difficult for me to break/change the muscle memory for JDAM employment once they implement further changes to the logic. So I refrain a bit from using them until we get more updates.

Me three.
There's too many other games to play at present for me to bug test JDAMs and learning procedures that may or may not be changed. I keep thinking I'll wait for the dynamic campaign and be done with it.........

Direwolf 11-02-2019 01:53 PM

I thought the recent update (11/01) had fixed this problem :"Corrected JDAM's drop sequence.".
Nope! The bug is still there!

NineLine 11-02-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 4094339)
I´m trying to hit several targets in one single pass (4 bombs, one each station), so I watched some videos and thought I had learned how to. Or something is bugged, or I am doing something wrong.
Let´s see:
1 - Turn on TGP, Master Arm, A/G, and select JDAM;
2 - After some minutes everything is on (TGP and JDAM is ready), so I start to set the things: EFUZ Inst, select all stations (QTY), PP mode selected (PP1), and fly to the OA;
3 - Find a Target, change PP to TOO, TDC depress, and return to PP mode. Ok, the coordinates are stored to the station linked to PP1.
4 - Remember I´m on PP mode! Press Step to change station (it changes), and automatically mode is change to TOO! First weird behavior!
5 - Press mode to PP, and my PP1 is already set in the new station with the old coordinates!!! Second weird behavior.
6 - Keep trying to set the other stations with the same result!

What I´m trying to do? Set all the bombs in PP1 mode (using TOO mode for each one), and release them all in one pass.

What´s the issue?

Ok, so I am just trying to see what you are doing, PP mode is Pre-Planned mode, its for preset targets from the Mission Editor or via the UFC if you are fed the TGT data later on. Entering target data any other way isn't really supported. So if you want to drop multiple bombs on more than one target in one pass, you need to enter the data via the UFC.

The bug here appears to be that using TOO to set PP TGT points shouldn't be, they are separate modes and shouldn't affect each other. And this is most likely why it isn't working right, as it shouldn't work.

As well, setting up a multiple drop on multiple targets would need to be done in PP mode, meaning all TGT data needs to be set via the UFC if you are doing it in flight.

TOO is for one target, and not meant to set up a multiple target multiple drop mission. You can drop multiple bombs in TOO, but the will be on the same target.

This is all based on the available information we have. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Direwolf 11-02-2019 06:56 PM

So check these videos made BEFORE the viper update, and watch the procedure done. Try to replicate it, and later tell me why we could manage the bombs dropping perfectly, and now not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoR-6XuKZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nGlFaKw_w