ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Missions and Campaigns (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216)

Ziptie 08-31-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4024061)
Curiosity question ... Is there any interest in a Nevada map based mission?

I certainly would be. Pretty much only fly at the PG and NTTR myself, got enough time at the stock map to tide me over for along time.

Cheers,

Don

Surrexen 09-02-2019 03:10 AM

Version 110 is up

Changelog v110
- Soundscape has been expanded to include a bunch of new sounds for weapon firing events, you can toggle this on/off via the radio menu under Snowfox Sound Options, by default the new sounds are enabled.

Edit: Should mention that the weapon firing sounds will not play every single time, each sound played for weapons will lockout any other weapon sounds for 7 seconds to avoid sounds playing over the top of each other. Also, I've tried to cover most weapon types but finding source material is providing to be a bit of a challenge, so anti-ship weapons don't have any sounds. Also if you find I have missed any particular missiles etc let me know. It's a work in progress.

Edit 2: It looks like there may under certain conditions be an issue with Fleet Planes getting 'stuck' on the carrier deck if the mission is being run on a dedicated server. If you are running this on a dedicated server I would advise against running with the Fleet Planes enabled until I can work out what is going on, I might just have to change them and the Khasab Vipers back to air starts to avoid this but we'll see how it goes.

Surrexen 09-03-2019 08:37 AM

I think I've found a fix for when support flights are told to abort mission, so that they don't fly back super mega slowly. Got a few other ideas which I am going to try to implement before pushing the next versions of this and Clear Field out.

Has anyone checked out the new sounds I added? What did you think?

Surrexen 09-05-2019 04:51 AM

Version v111 is up.

Changelog v111
- Improvements to the way AI support flights go RTB when told to abort mission, they should fly home at the correct speeds now
- Extra Ka-50 and Mi-8MTV2 added to Khasab
- Carrier Group set back to weapons hold by default (I was testing something and had forgot to change it back)
- Notification about enemy bombers incoming has been removed

NightstalkerNOR 09-05-2019 09:40 AM

I like the sounds. They are a nice addition to the immersion. I would prefer them to be more varied, but they are still nice.

The "magnum" sounds however seems a bit "silly". Maybe not intentional, but the music in the background sort of ruins the sound effect (music from the Magnum series maybe? :) )

Surrexen 09-05-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightstalkerNOR (Post 4028202)
I like the sounds. They are a nice addition to the immersion. I would prefer them to be more varied, but they are still nice.

The "magnum" sounds however seems a bit "silly". Maybe not intentional, but the music in the background sort of ruins the sound effect (music from the Magnum series maybe? :) )

Haha no the magnum sound is from a natops video someone else linked to another post I made asking if anyone had any sounds with a magnum call. It's the only one I can find so far so it had to do. I want to find a way to remove the music from it, but I haven't had time yet.

In your travels, if you find a better one let me know!

Edit: It was navair, not natops ... here is the post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248770

NightstalkerNOR 09-05-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4028312)
Haha no the magnum sound is from a natops video someone else linked to another post I made asking if anyone had any sounds with a magnum call. It's the only one I can find so far so it had to do. I want to find a way to remove the music from it, but I haven't had time yet.

In your travels, if you find a better one let me know!

Edit: It was navair, not natops ... here is the post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248770

Haha. I had to laugh now...I thought is was some sort of easter egg :lol: oh well....

HellsBells 09-06-2019 04:24 AM

Running both "Operation SnowFox" and "Operation Clear Field" on our event server.

Hope others enjoy the missions as much as we do. Nice work

NightstalkerNOR 09-12-2019 10:38 AM

Surrexen; Would it at all be possible to make a "saved game" file at the end of a mission?

I'm spending a lot of time taking out SAMs at the start of the mission, and not really being able to participate in for instance CAS missions because the regular SEAD spawn aircraft take to long to take out the SAMsites, so I have to help out every time.

A "saved game" file would really help with being able to use different assets available. :)

Again, I really love your work! Two excellent missions

Surrexen 09-12-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightstalkerNOR (Post 4034619)
Surrexen; Would it at all be possible to make a "saved game" file at the end of a mission?

I'm spending a lot of time taking out SAMs at the start of the mission, and not really being able to participate in for instance CAS missions because the regular SEAD spawn aircraft take to long to take out the SAMsites, so I have to help out every time.

A "saved game" file would really help with being able to use different assets available. :)

Again, I really love your work! Two excellent missions

I have no idea how to do that yet haha. I know in theory it can be done though. Currently I'm finalising plans on paper for Syria ... for whenever the map comes out! It's a good question though because I think that would be very useful.

Today I actually flew a CAS mission on Snowfox to learn the A-10C (I don't normally fly CAS). I took out the SA-15 at Tunb Island on route to Bandar Lengeh and had SEAD support take care of the SA-11, whilst a fighter screen kept me in the clear. Managed to wipe out the targets and complete a mission. Didn't think I had it in me!

Anyway I will add the request to the list for later and will investigate. Can't promise anything at this stage.