ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Missions and Campaigns (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216)

Badass1982 01-15-2020 05:41 PM

I would 100% love this too,

Surrexen 01-16-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enemymine (Post 4174316)
Dear Surrexen,

solid work, I love that mission. Any chance to maybe make the airfields capturable? I would love to play this in rather a "continuous capture" way than single missions. you see any possibility to do that kind of setup too? best regards

Sorry this is not going to happen as that would require a major re-write of the code, and mission design/layout. I have said previously that airfield capture was not something I was planning on doing.

Surrexen 01-16-2020 06:29 AM

The current big question for everyone is this ... who is planning on getting the Supercarrier module, and who is not ... I originally intended to replace the Stennis fleet with a Supercarrier fleet when the time comes ... but I am aware this would not be ideal for some people. Also didn't really want to have to put 2 fleets in the same mission, nor do I want to have 2 seperate versions of Snowfox (and Clear Field) where one version is Supercarrier and the other version is not.

Abburo 01-16-2020 07:01 AM

I would let the default fleet in place, and those interested can replace it by their own. Supercarrier will not be a very popular module, specialyy for new commers.

Badass1982 01-16-2020 07:21 AM

I WILL be but I'm skint at the moment, I think ED said they'd be announcing release dates for it soon.

Super Wabbit 01-16-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4175805)
The current big question for everyone is this ... who is planning on getting the Supercarrier module, and who is not ... I originally intended to replace the Stennis fleet with a Supercarrier fleet when the time comes ... but I am aware this would not be ideal for some people. Also didn't really want to have to put 2 fleets in the same mission, nor do I want to have 2 seperate versions of Snowfox (and Clear Field) where one version is Supercarrier and the other version is not.

I think leave the default Stennis for now. Unless the new carrier is wildly popular and the majority of people are actually using it, then having the Stennis in so that everyone can use it makes the most sense to me.

My worry is that players who don't have the super carrier may skip trying these missions and you'd be splitting your player base. Leave it as default and everyone plays.

I'm curious to see what the super carrier brings to the table. When your running these missions, you don't spend a lot of time at the carrier so I'm not sure it's entirely worth it or required to make the sim even more immersive than it already is. You're just not spending that much time interacting with it. So...having not seen the super carrier at all, I feel like it's going to be more of a nice to have than something that'll be over the top cool.

Surrexen 01-16-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Wabbit (Post 4176698)
I think leave the default Stennis for now. Unless the new carrier is wildly popular and the majority of people are actually using it, then having the Stennis in so that everyone can use it makes the most sense to me.

My worry is that players who don't have the super carrier may skip trying these missions and you'd be splitting your player base. Leave it as default and everyone plays.

I'm curious to see what the super carrier brings to the table. When your running these missions, you don't spend a lot of time at the carrier so I'm not sure it's entirely worth it or required to make the sim even more immersive than it already is. You're just not spending that much time interacting with it. So...having not seen the super carrier at all, I feel like it's going to be more of a nice to have than something that'll be over the top cool.

Strange, I honestly would have thought more people would be into the carrier module :noexpression:

Fair enough, I suppose I will leave it as default then.

Meanwhile, I will add some Scud launchers in, and a couple of warships to blow up in the Eastern side for good measure. That will bring the total up to 130 missions.

Twwhitey 01-16-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4176742)
Strange, I honestly would have thought more people would be into the carrier module :noexpression:

Meanwhile, I will add some Scud launchers in, and a couple of warships to blow up in the Eastern side for good measure. That will bring the total up to 130 missions.

I for one will definitely be getting the super carrier and would’ve thought a lot of F-14 & F/A-18 owners will as well. Who knows tho

That said I would hope as mentioned above it won’t be too considerably hard to swap out the Stennis for the new carrier in the mission editor on the players end if we wanted to... I’m wondering if swapping out the Stennis for the SuperCarrier will be as simple as selecting it via a drop down like u can for planes in the ME...

If anything it would be great to know if you foresee any issues doing so with regards to your scripting? Is there any Stennis specific scripting going on?

Surrexen 01-16-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twwhitey (Post 4176761)
I for one will definitely be getting the super carrier and would’ve thought a lot of F-14 & F/A-18 owners will as well. Who knows tho

That said I would hope as mentioned above it won’t be too considerably hard to swap out the Stennis for the new carrier in the mission editor on the players end if we wanted to... I’m wondering if swapping out the Stennis for the SuperCarrier will be as simple as selecting it via a drop down like u can for planes in the ME...

If anything it would be great to know if you foresee any issues doing so with regards to your scripting? Is there any Stennis specific scripting going on?

There is some scripting that has to do with the Stennis, it will remain to be seen if the scripting works with the new carrier or not.

Super Wabbit 01-17-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4176742)

That being said....if it seems like the majority of people have it...

All your missions can be run without the carrier too, which is cool btw, so even if you did include the super carrier, it's not required. I appreciate that, I end up skipping a lot of missions that require mods.