ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Missions and Campaigns (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216)

|DUSTY| 09-23-2019 04:39 PM

Loving the ability to have persistence in this mission! Huge leap forward for DCS.

Surrexen 09-23-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |DUSTY| (Post 4044892)
Loving the ability to have persistence in this mission! Huge leap forward for DCS.

Imagine what could be done if i knew what i was doing! :joystick: :thumbup:

Surrexen 09-24-2019 04:18 AM

v113 is up.

Changelog v113

- Due to the result of recent testing in multiplayer environments, all AI flights (red and blue) will now start from the air
- Due to the above, the timings between red squadron spawns have been lengthened slightly
- To stop catastrophic mayhem on the carrier deck when all 8 slots spawn at once, Hornets will start on the catapults and Tomcats will start parking hot, this is to hopefully avoid them spawning on top of each other
- Carrier decorative static aircraft on elevator 1 removed due to the reasons above
- 20 new missions targets added, this will not affect anyones persistent world progress. There are now 120 missions total.
- AI Pinpoint strikes can now be called to Bandar Lengeh
- Saleh/Bukha/Bukha West/Mubarek/Fateh oilfields added because I felt like it, credit to MacadamCow for the location of Fateh/Mubarek oilfields

Note: I am going to see if I can come up with something later down the line so that if you are running it in single player the AI flights start from the ground for immersion, and start from the air if it is running in multiplayer. I didn't really want to have to make it air starts but too many issues come up in multiplayer otherwise.

Surrexen 09-24-2019 01:08 PM

v114 is up as a hotfix for the below:

Changelog v114

- Oil and Gas platforms set to red coalition to stop them all showing up in the ATC F10 menu.

3mta3 09-25-2019 11:16 PM

I love the mission. It was a little frustrating to get shot down by a Mig31 while refueling right over the carrier group. Didn't bother shooting at the S3 tanker, just me. Didn't have enough fuel to do anything, I just thought that I would have some protection right over the carrier. Guess not.

Great mission, other than that.

Surrexen 09-26-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3mta3 (Post 4047500)
I love the mission. It was a little frustrating to get shot down by a Mig31 while refueling right over the carrier group. Didn't bother shooting at the S3 tanker, just me. Didn't have enough fuel to do anything, I just thought that I would have some protection right over the carrier. Guess not.

Great mission, other than that.

Did you have fleet tomcats or hornets enabled to cover the fleet area? Also the carrier group will launch SAM's at red planes that come within 40km of the boat, but MiG-31 probably launched on you from further out than that (they're nasty). I highly recommend you use the F10 menu to enable either the fleet tomcats or hornets to help you :thumbup:

Mith86Arg 09-26-2019 12:26 AM

Hey there mate!

tried your mission last night, 1 suggestion, please, add at least 1 WPT to harriers, there is a bug that doesn't let manually add them on the fly when there is only a "WPT 0" on the mission editor.

A good practice is to add a WPT just over the Bullseye and assign it to it on the group configuration window (the one that let you change laser codes, add NVG, etc)

Surrexen 09-26-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith86Arg (Post 4047560)
Hey there mate!

tried your mission last night, 1 suggestion, please, add at least 1 WPT to harriers, there is a bug that doesn't let manually add them on the fly when there is only a "WPT 0" on the mission editor.

A good practice is to add a WPT just over the Bullseye and assign it to it on the group configuration window (the one that let you change laser codes, add NVG, etc)

As in 'waypoint bullseye' and set it to Waypoint 1 ?

Edit: This is one of the various reasons I don't fly Harriers ...

Mith86Arg 09-26-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4047566)
As in 'waypoint bullseye' and set it to Waypoint 1 ?

Edit: This is one of the various reasons I don't fly Harriers ...

haha correct!

BTW

if u want a little safe zone around the tanker, use FOX

check this:

https://pastebin.com/nQySK2Ux

Habu_69 09-26-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith86Arg (Post 4047573)
if u want a little safe zone around the tanker, use FOX

What is FOX? Where is FOX:New() defined??