ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Dear ED! No love for KA-50? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201623)

Devrim 02-04-2018 11:12 PM

Dear ED! No love for KA-50?

Ok.

Isn't it the time to re-new the cockpit textures of Ka-50?

We fly with Ricardo's awesome cockpits for years but, even they are based on an old texturing technology. Because of the absence of specular map texture lighting is imbalanced and button lights are weak.

Maybe we can say those for A-10C, too.

Especially with Deffered Shading feature, cockpit looks bad, and this wipes the magic of this beautiful sim.

So; Is there any plan to do something about this issue?
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: An official reply from SiThSpAwN in page #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN (Post 3385157)
Ka-50 is scheduled to have the cockpit updated for the new graphics engine.

Esac_mirmidon 02-04-2018 11:29 PM

Totally agree.

Ka-50 deserves some love with cockpit textures. Everything started with the Black Shark. Now is outdated.

Mizzy 02-04-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon (Post 3382256)
Totally agree.

Ka-50 deserves some love with cockpit textures. Everything started with the Black Shark. Now is outdated.

So much has changed with DCS since BS but I suspect ED may give it an overhaul one day even though I also suspect it's sales are not great which means less priority. That's business folks. I am waiting for the Mig 29 to have PFM, that is what I am mostly waiting for. In short, we all want improvements ! Patience is a virtue until you become too old to wait :-)

Mizzy

metzger 02-05-2018 09:17 AM

+1. Ka-50 needs a new cockpit!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Fri13 02-05-2018 09:19 AM

Yes. KA-50 makes DCS look like 1.2 in a 2.5.

Refreshment is required, but when, that is the question not to be answered.

Maybe when they get the fragmentation modeled, so we can finally get the KA-50 features implemented like the A/A mode so the Vikhr fragmentation sleeve is used with proximity fuze against air targets, and we can actually use the Vikhr capability to engage as well Head-On targets where Vikhr fuze trigger is predicting so it doesn't fly past the fast target.

msalama 02-05-2018 09:22 AM

Are you willing to pay for these updates? Bear in mind that this is an old module yielding no revenue to speak of anymore.

Canadus 02-05-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msalama (Post 3382664)
Are you willing to pay for these updates? Bear in mind that this is an old module yielding no revenue to speak of anymore.

Yes I would pay for some updates. If BS would be updated, to be on par with the other, more modern modules, a small fee would be acceptable, IMHO. I really don`t understand, why everybody wants everything for free these days? :huh:

amalahama 02-05-2018 10:07 AM

I wouldn't mind to pay too but it needs also to come together with a cleaning-up of all the issues currently affecting the module.

Regards!

Devrim 02-05-2018 10:44 AM

I think I don't agree on "Ka-50 is an old module". Yes, it's old but very robust module in terms of its system, weapon technology, flight model, external model etc. etc.

It has still different place in other helicopter (in this sim) and it can't be compared to other modules. So, in my honest opinion, this module still deserves high priority and care.

Forget about all things, come on! Look at the textures of default cockpit. Definitely it doesn't fit ED's reputation.

Please, ED! :)

Isegrim 02-05-2018 11:03 AM

It's the first DCS thingy and it's screaming for love currently.:cry: