ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: F/A-18C Hornet (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   IFF, what's crypto, mode 4, master (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243100)

fitness88 06-12-2019 04:14 AM

IFF, what's crypto, mode 4, master

Where is the switch usually set under Mode 4 to be able to get aircraft info on the SA page?
What do the other switch positions under Mode 4 do?

Also there is Crypto and Master Mode with its switch positions, is there info as to what they are for?

Thank you.

noisy_lightning 06-12-2019 08:58 AM

Pretty sure none of the transponder stuff has been implemented yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

QuiGon 06-12-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisy_lightning (Post 3946401)
Pretty sure none of the transponder stuff has been implemented yet.

I doubt it will ever get implemented, as it is not implemented in any DCS module unfortunately :(

noisy_lightning 06-12-2019 09:57 AM

As for all radar contacts on SA page this should come with the addition of some other features and the integrated sensors unless I am mistaken. This is in the development pipeline but won't be linked to transponder/mode4.

backspace340 06-12-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisy_lightning (Post 3946458)
As for all radar contacts on SA page this should come with the addition of some other features and the integrated sensors unless I am mistaken. This is in the development pipeline but won't be linked to transponder/mode4.

That's already ingame? Your radar contacts appear on the SA page, along with datalinked friendlies and enemies.

Hippo 06-12-2019 01:33 PM

Not F-18 or even DCS specific, but I found the following very interesting and well explained regarding IFF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1n1d5c3v0

fitness88 06-12-2019 01:35 PM

I've read many times on the forum Mode 4 has to be on in order to get proper SA page info. I do notice in auto start the Mode 4 and Crypto is enabled.

What then does Sensor Depress actually do if Mode 4 is not active yet?
What exactly what do you do to make the most of the SA page?

backspace340 06-12-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitness88 (Post 3946670)
I've read many times on the forum Mode 4 has to be on in order to get proper SA page info. I do notice in auto start the Mode 4 and Crypto is enabled.

What then does Sensor Depress actually do if Mode 4 is not active yet?
What exactly what do you do to make the most of the SA page?

You don't have to touch that switch. Sensor Select depress does a Mode 4 IFF - but you don't have to touch the mode 4 switch to get it to do that. To get full use of the SA page, switch it on, press DL on the UFC and press ON. That's it.

fitness88 06-12-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backspace340 (Post 3946673)
You don't have to touch that switch. Sensor Select depress does a Mode 4 IFF - but you don't have to touch the mode 4 switch to get it to do that. To get full use of the SA page, switch it on, press DL on the UFC and press ON. That's it.

So does Sensor Depress interrogate only what's locked on the radar page...STT or does it do all aircraft on the radar page as I see multi targets identified on the SA page that were not STT.
What are the 2 vertical lines for on the middle of the SA page for?

CheeseCake 06-12-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitness88 (Post 3946722)
So does Sensor Depress interrogate only what's locked on the radar page...STT or does it do all aircraft on the radar page as I see multi targets identified on the SA page that were not STT.
What are the 2 vertical lines for on the middle of the SA page for?

1. yes target has to be locked for an iff interrogation or an NCTR (Non Cooperative Target Recognition)
2. the 2 lines are kind of like your radar you can hover over a contact on your SA page and get info about them if there is any to give.
i recommend you check this video out for info!