ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: NS 430 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Status? Worth it? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216298)

Emilio_Ger 07-20-2018 03:12 PM

Status? Worth it?

Good day everybody,

after the NS 430 has been added to the L-39 I consider purchasing it. But how is the current status, is it bugged/feature complete?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

(504)smudge 07-20-2018 03:14 PM

The fact it was originally sold as a one time purchase for all modules, the fact they are now trying to charge for each module, absolutely not, they either change this or i'll be doing everything in my power to obtain a refund

ViFF 07-20-2018 03:34 PM

Day 1 purchase here for the NS430 and I also vividly remember reading that the purchase price included all future integrations in other models, the first one planned being the L-39. That was my understanding and a major factor in my decision to purchase without hesitation.

I was especially interested and looking forward to the integration in the L-39 module. I remember pics were posted.

I will be extremely dissapointed with ED if it is true that my day 1 purchase excludes the L-39 and will required to be purchase seperately!

S!

NineLine 07-20-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (504)smudge (Post 3572305)
The fact it was originally sold as a one time purchase for all modules, the fact they are now trying to charge for each module, absolutely not, they either change this or i'll be doing everything in my power to obtain a refund

I don't ever remember it being sold as a one time purchase for all modules. Do you know where you saw this? Because I never saw mention of it being a one time purchase for all.

lmp 07-20-2018 03:37 PM

When was it offered as a one time purchase for all modules? I bought it on day one and it was clearly labelled as being exclusively for the Mi-8 with no details given if or how it would be ported to other modules.

Schmidtfire 07-20-2018 04:16 PM

"Worth it" is very subjective. Some will like it very much. I was interested in the L-39 version until I read that it is only for front seat and without gunsight mounted!

Only overlays except L-39 or Mi-8... To me it feels like a re-package of something old with minimal effort. Kind of like MAC. While it will offer something to some players, Id rather see a a well rounded and complete product. And I think that for 14.99$ all cockpits should at least have the NS430 3D model, clickable or not.

NineLine 07-20-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidtfire (Post 3572379)
"Worth it" is very subjective. Some will like it very much. I was interested in the L-39 version until I read that it is only for front seat and without gunsight mounted!

Only overlays except L-39 or Mi-8... To me it feels like a re-package of something old with minimal effort. Kind of like MAC. While it will offer something to some players, Id rather see a a well rounded and complete product. And I think that for 14.99$ all cockpits should at least have the NS430 3D model, clickable or not.

The 3D model is more integrated into the cockpit systems, while the overlay is not. I believe that is where the difference is.

You can buy the 2D popup version and it will work with all aircraft except those with advanced nav already.

The 3D versions are specific to modules and cannot be just swapped over.

OxideMako 07-20-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineLine (Post 3572425)
You can buy the 2D popup version and it will work with all aircraft except those with advanced nav already.

The 3D versions are specific to modules and cannot be just swapped over.

Uh, you missed the bit where you have to buy the popup version before you can use the 3d version.

"For work of this module, you must also own the DCS: NS 430 and DCS: L-39 Albatros modules."

Charging 6USD/aircraft but with it actually integrated is "ok" I guess, but then forcing you to buy the popup version (which is literally the "systems" of the module") then 6USD/aircraft for what amounts to a 3d model placed in a cockpit with the popup rendered to the model instead of a popup is absurd at best.

NineLine 07-20-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxideMako (Post 3572464)
Uh, you missed the bit where you have to buy the popup version before you can use the 3d version.

"For work of this module, you must also own the DCS: NS 430 and DCS: L-39 Albatros modules."

Charging 6USD/aircraft but with it actually integrated is "ok" I guess, but then forcing you to buy the popup version (which is literally the "systems" of the module") then 6USD/aircraft for what amounts to a 3d model placed in a cockpit with the popup rendered to the model instead of a popup is absurd at best.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...modules/ns430/

That is the pop up version. Doesnt have that requirement.

Its an extra charge for the integration into the cockpit and systems, yes.

OxideMako 07-20-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineLine (Post 3572473)
Its an extra charge for the integration into the cockpit and systems, yes.

Can I ask what systems the NS430 interacts with that justifies the extra charge? Just so I am clear on what exactly I would be paying for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineLine (Post 3572473)
That is the pop up version. Doesnt have that requirement.

No, I am saying the 3D version requires the Popup version before it will work in the L-39 or Mi-8. At least according to the descriptions. Basically you are forced to buy the popup version even if you only want the 3D one for X aircraft.