ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Western Europe 1944-1945 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=340)
-   -   The Battle of the Stretch Goal (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114788)

luthier1 09-30-2013 04:22 PM

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Let's move across to the poll:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114846

Bucic 09-30-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylkhan (Post 1890396)
I mean 3 aircrafts at DCS level is a lot of work, Giving them for free was ..strange, very strange.
He had to think twice.
Reading all these changes make me wonder if this guy really knows his stuff. He seems to be in the darkness :)

I was asking about your notion on Su-25, not this.

Kusch 09-30-2013 05:13 PM

It just can not go out of here because no one will believe that you can do three planes (or worse five airplanes!) At the level of advancement of DCS P-51D for $ 40. It is better to cancel the KS, later make a new with one free of the plane and options for adding new modules, with one plane.

LosT_SouL_VL 09-30-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier1 (Post 1889689)
5. Any other reason you think people are not backing this project? What can we do?

I'm especially interested in hearing your opinion if you have not yet backed this project.

Some people (like myself) won't back you because of the CLOD disaster... You can be in denial or USSR style censor things because you're not comfortable with them; but that won't change that fact. Frankly I know a lot of people that won't back you and/or Oleg because of the "CLOD reason"...I think you both underestimated the resentment that more than a few people have towards CLOD and everyone who is "tainted" by CLOD...

hakjar 09-30-2013 06:22 PM

Please don't come dragging that resentment in here. You are allowed your opinion but remember that sometimes projects fail for no apparent reason.

"No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy" and we can't from our place as customer know or identify all the variables that led to CoD's lesser release.

However the backbone of the sim was apparently sound as Team Fusion proves with their work.

Bucic 09-30-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusch (Post 1890840)
It just can not go out of here because no one will believe that you can do three planes (or worse five airplanes!) At the level of advancement of DCS P-51D for $ 40. It is better to cancel the KS, later make a new with one free of the plane and options for adding new modules, with one plane.

Cancelling a successfully funded project? Nope.
Too much given for free? It's being corrected as we speak.
Too much planes for $40? Well, that price/aircraft set is only for backers.

Bucic 09-30-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakjar (Post 1890909)
Please don't come dragging that resentment in here. You are allowed your opinion but remember that sometimes projects fail for no apparent reason.

"No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy" and we can't from our place as customer know or identify all the variables that led to CoD's lesser release.

However the backbone of the sim was apparently sound as Team Fusion proves with their work.

This was a legitimate concern and going completely silent over it was not a wise thing to do. There's plenty of ways one could toss some bits of info without being exposed to legal action. 'Lessons learned' I proposed could be one of such approaches.

I allowed myself giving some credit of trust to RRG. Do I know what happened to CoD? No. In the light of no info on the subject one may choose to go with the trust and the other - no to trust. I don't see any 'attitude' in it.

My advocacy pro the project would certainly have been more effective with such info up my sleeve.

NineLine 09-30-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucic (Post 1890931)
This was a legitimate concern and going completely silent over it was not a wise thing to do. There's plenty of ways one could toss some bits of info without being exposed to legal action. 'Lessons learned' I proposed could be one of such approaches.

I allowed myself giving some credit of trust to RRG. Do I know what happened to CoD? No. In the light of no info on the subject one may choose to go with the trust and the other - no to trust. I don't see any 'attitude' in it.

My advocacy pro the project would certainly have been more effective with such info up my sleeve.

If you search, Luthier touched on this issue in these forums, although briefly, lets not get on the slippery slope of discussing it, each individual has the right to use whatever they feel is a valid concern in their decision, this isnt a place for discussion any of those reasons, its now been brought up, no need to dissect it further....

By the way, I am locking this as Luthier has started a new thread.