ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Hawk (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Are you really planning on completing this Module in 2018? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199284)

Xanix 01-04-2018 11:36 PM

Are you really planning on completing this Module in 2018?

I really like this airplane. The module’s model is really, really beautiful; very well done. The avionics, well…

I really wanted to see it ‘out’ of Beta status; working!

Honest question; do you plan on complete it? Have you considered selling or requesting help from ED, to finish it?

Kind regards,
Xanix

Lunatic98 01-05-2018 11:11 AM

So do I, I love the Hawk it's the first module I purchased, I love the exterior, I love the graphical representation of damage, but there's still too many things wrong with it that apart from the flight model hasn't really changed all too much since I bought it. Sure there have been a lot of fixes, a lot of them plus some new graphical work with the cockpit but all things considered I purchased the Hawk sometime 2014 I think.

I could probably deal with the small weapon inaccuracies, the AIM-9M instead of the AIM-9L, Mk82s instead of British GP bombs and CBLS dispensers. We now have the Matra 155 launcher for the SNEB 68 so that's great, (though the end of the pod looks odd, probably because it's copy and paste off of the Mirage).

I'd love the Hawk to get the attention it deserves.

Auntystatic 01-05-2018 12:28 PM

check this thgread out https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194462

it tells you they plan on continuing development this year with big updates after work is completed on the P-40 :)

Xanix 01-05-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntystatic (Post 3345827)
check this thgread out https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194462

it tells you they plan on continuing development this year with big updates after work is completed on the P-40 :)

My friend; thank you very much, for the link of that thread. Good news!

Higlights:

"... Ok, So Hawk.

Yes there are issues, We have been stripping away alot of the legacy code (bear in mind some of it was written over 5 years ago!) This has taken some considerable time.

We have a list of things that we want to work over and continue expanding development on, Most of these items are known in the community anyway but include things like FM tuning, Damage model re-work (primarily effects and failures), electic system issues etc. We know and have been logging lists of things that need reworking.

The work on Hawk is extensive and to do a proper job on it we have to unpick more stitches then we would have preferred but those are the shakes and its not something we are shying away from.

So, all I can hear you asking now is When? I wish I could tell you with precision, all I can say at the moment is that P-40 is currently taking up alot of our time with the conversion to 2.1 and the changes and expansion I spoke about earlier. I expect us to spend more of the remainder of 2017 working on getting P-40 as close to Beta as we can.

Early in 2018 more attention will be diverted to Hawk while our testers go over the P-40 and start inundating us with bug reports (not too many I hope!) One thing we do hope to push to Hawk sooner rather than later is the new PBR cockpit textures.

I will try and post some screen grabs etc next week, maybe a video depending on how time goes, the real life job is mental at the moment, limiting the time I can spend on screen grabs etc over actual development work, but I will try. ..."

Kind regards,
Xanix

gospadin 01-05-2018 05:04 PM

This is VEAO's latest statement:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192334

It alters some of the assumptions from their October post.

Edit: oops got some dates backwards, sorry

Pman 01-05-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gospadin (Post 3346084)
This is VEAO's latest statement:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192334

It alters some of the assumptions from their October post.

You are incorrect, the post you link is from August, the post from Auntystatic is the most recent update on the Hawk - although I have some exciting news to post up later

Pman

Spook 01-06-2018 03:25 PM

Pman And what news are they?
Because after 3 years of buying the DCS Hawk, we want to see it finished, it's about time ... do not you think?

nawarren 01-08-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pman (Post 3346198)
You are incorrect, the post you link is from August, the post from Auntystatic is the most recent update on the Hawk - although I have some exciting news to post up later

Pman

Let me guess, they have found another pilot who thinks the Hawk is great and just like the real thing :). This time we will definitely deliver what we have been promising for years....blah blah blah. Heard it all before from VEAO. I've give up on all the empty words. My advice to them would be to shut up and concentrate on getting their module up to a level of all the other modules. If they can mage that some time this decade I'd be happy.

Mizzy 01-08-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nawarren (Post 3348915)
Let me guess, they have found another pilot who thinks the Hawk is great and just like the real thing :). This time we will definitely deliver what we have been promising for years....blah blah blah. Heard it all before from VEAO. I've give up on all the empty words. My advice to them would be to shut up and concentrate on getting their module up to a level of all the other modules. If they can mage that some time this decade I'd be happy.

I agree it's wearing very thin but lets not bash them any further, they already know their credibility is zero !!

westr 01-08-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nawarren (Post 3348915)

Asking them to SHUT UP is a bit strong. But if that's how people feel I hope those same people don't start demanding updates from them when they haven't heard anything in a while. It appears these guys are struggling more than the other 3rd party developers however the instant hostility and cynicism directed toward them as soon as the make any form of statement makes me believe a lot of people on the forums don't want to see them develop for DCS anymore.
Fact is they are not the only ones struggling with providing a product within a reasonable timeframe but receive far more abuse.
I've paid for the Hawk I'm not happy with its current state but I'm not going to start rejecting or make sarcastic comments on every post they make. I don't see the point.