ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Missions and Campaigns (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216)

Mekako 02-03-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4192911)
The Tarawa fleet has it's own missile defence zone already. The zone is pretty tight though :smilewink:

Hi again,
I didn't notice mostly because I got shot down twice on landing at Tarawa being too much confident about the defense. So I put a Hawk site on Fujayrah.
Have you thought about moving the fight to the west of the map too? On the persian Gulf, not just the strait of hormuz...https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smili..._whistling.gif Could be another mission, Operation Venom. That would be a "just carriers" allied war against Iran/Russia.....with long pinpoint strikes over targets in populatetd áreas, mountains to cover, very cool.

Surrexen 02-03-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekako (Post 4196446)
Hi again,
I didn't notice mostly because I got shot down twice on landing at Tarawa being too much confident about the defense. So I put a Hawk site on Fujayrah.
Have you thought about moving the fight to the west of the map too? On the persian Gulf, not just the strait of hormuz...https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smili..._whistling.gif Could be another mission, Operation Venom. That would be a "just carriers" allied war against Iran/Russia.....with long pinpoint strikes over targets in populatetd áreas, mountains to cover, very cool.

Not really as the most Western part of the map is low detail and there are no airfields. Otherwise I would have made the whole thing over Kuwait. I have been considering doing a "Phase 2" type operation in the Northern part of the map though. I won't be doing anything for a while though. Most likely the next thing will be working on Operation Jupiter more when more WWII assets get released.

icemaker 02-04-2020 04:53 PM

A verry interesting addition could be for non naval planes to be able to take off from captured runways.
just cleaning around the base and make a C130 land on the base then we can takeoff from there!
Specially from Abu musa, Tumb islands, and so on...

oho 02-05-2020 06:13 AM

Great Mission! Will my progress of destruction of the SAM sites be kept also after Installation of a new version of operation snowfox?

Surrexen 02-05-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oho (Post 4198476)
Great Mission! Will my progress of destruction of the SAM sites be kept also after Installation of a new version of operation snowfox?

Yes :thumbup:

And you definitely would want the newest version available as it has all the major script fixes in place.

oho 02-07-2020 05:07 PM

Anybody has a tactic to beat these SA- 10 in singleplayer with a hornet?

Super Wabbit 02-07-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oho (Post 4201501)
Anybody has a tactic to beat these SA- 10 in singleplayer with a hornet?

Call in fighter and SEAD support to the area of the SA-10. I would use JDAMs from as high an altitude as you can manage. Don't load your Hornet down too much, maybe just two JDAMs, one on each of the internal wing pylons. Use the TPOD in conjunction with your SA page to locate the tracking radar of the SA-10 site. Thats the tall mast with the flat panel at the top.
https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/images/b/b0/SA10-CS.jpg

Your TPOD will render at about 42 miles. This should be enough distance to keep you away from the SA-10. It may launch on you but it'll be so far away you can just turn cold to evade the missile. Once located, get the JDAM the coordinates using TOO. If you like, you can then go cold on the site get as high and fast as you can and make a run into the target. Once the JDAM says you're in range, launch the JDAMs and go cold as the SA-10 will probably have fired on you.

A single Hornet just can't carry enough JSOWs to saturate an SA-10 site. You might be able to get it to fire almost all its missiles then go in with guns to hit the track radar. Once the track radar is dead, the site is useless. Hope that helps.

oho 02-12-2020 06:57 AM

Still enjoying your Mission!
One enhancement I would kindly suggest, maybe you can add this as an optional Feature:
when my Pilot is killed in a Mission, there should be no update regarding destroyed Targets.
Often I get into a dogfight after I attacked a target successfully. This way one has to repeat the Mission if you are not cautious.
What do think?

Surrexen 02-12-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oho (Post 4205851)
Still enjoying your Mission!
One enhancement I would kindly suggest, maybe you can add this as an optional Feature:
when my Pilot is killed in a Mission, there should be no update regarding destroyed Targets.
Often I get into a dogfight after I attacked a target successfully. This way one has to repeat the Mission if you are not cautious.
What do think?

This isn't really possible as there could be multiple players attacking the same mission targets. Also would require extensive re-writes of how to deal with targets and the way they are handled with persistence. The mission is challenging enough as it is without punishing players by not counting the ground kills if they don't return to base successfully after a sortie.

This is further complicated when being done in single player, where a single mission may take multiple sorties to complete. In that case, it would be even more complicated to deal with.

oho 02-12-2020 09:27 AM

Thanks, I see.
Thanks SuperWabbit, I managed to take out most Long range SAM-Sites.
Tipp:
I set waypoints (height 0 MSL will atomatically render 0 AGL) in the Mission-Editor directly on the SAM Radar and attacked with JDAM.
Also as single Player I add 2 wingmen loaded with A-A Missiles in the Mission Editor and order them to attack bandits. This works fine.
Now I will go for the designated Target, wish me luckhttps://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/pilotfly.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.