ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Missions and Campaigns (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216)

solidGad 11-25-2019 06:00 PM

Hello good sir. Quick question. Are the A2A spawns automatic? Loaded up an Su-27 last night and it would only give me ground missions. Figured maybe for A2A I just have to go look for them?

Thanks!

Surrexen 11-25-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidGad (Post 4117643)
Hello good sir. Quick question. Are the A2A spawns automatic? Loaded up an Su-27 last night and it would only give me ground missions. Figured maybe for A2A I just have to go look for them?

Thanks!

1. You don't get specific 'air missions' in this scenario. All mission goals are ground targets. It is assumed you will deal with the air assets as part of the mission.
2. There should be 5 CAP groups, 1 GCI group, and a Red Bomber group. Usually they are all up in the air after about 10-15 minutes or so.
3. If none of the above groups are spawning after having waited for 15 minutes, check the GameMode flag in the editor didn't get changed to something other than 0 or 1.

Twwhitey 11-25-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4117030)
No worries, let me know how you go. I'll test TOO mode a little bit later as well.

Edit: Works fine for me in TOO mode as well. Maybe try doing a repair and give it another go.

Man that’s so weird. I did a repair and reset the Openbeta saved games folder too. Oh well, I’ll keep playing around with it. Thanks for confirming!!

MikiBzh 11-28-2019 07:54 PM

Log as spectator first, then choose your slot.

Surrexen 11-28-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBzh (Post 4120811)
Log as spectator first, then choose your slot.

Worth a try I suppose, but I've never had to do that.

Leysard 11-29-2019 03:15 PM

Surrexen,

Thanks for this great mission. I'm currently using it in FA-18 and with persitency. I have cleaned out Abu Musa Island from all ground targets. Now when I get back into the mission, on SA page, the 15 over AbuMusa is still present even that there is no more targets on the Island (double checked with Tacview). Any Idea ?

Also, the D/L of Stennis flight 2, 3, or 4, cannot remember is set to 167, not 127, is that correct (I usually switch it back to 127 or advise my wingmen to do so) ?

Surrexen 11-29-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leysard (Post 4121525)
Surrexen,

Thanks for this great mission. I'm currently using it in FA-18 and with persitency. I have cleaned out Abu Musa Island from all ground targets. Now when I get back into the mission, on SA page, the 15 over AbuMusa is still present even that there is no more targets on the Island (double checked with Tacview). Any Idea ?

Also, the D/L of Stennis flight 2, 3, or 4, cannot remember is set to 167, not 127, is that correct (I usually switch it back to 127 or advise my wingmen to do so) ?

Yeah this is normal. The SA page gets it's data for SAM site locations at mission start (like the data cartridge was prepared before you click 'fly'), before the persistency script can remove the units from the map. Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about that one.

Edit: I've just jumped in to look at the D/L of the Stennis Hornets, for me when I switch the D/L on for each plane it is set to 127. This isn't something you can set in the editor either so I'm not sure why it's showing up different for you.

Ziptie 12-01-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrexen (Post 4121983)
Yeah this is normal. The SA page gets it's data for SAM site locations at mission start (like the data cartridge was prepared before you click 'fly'), before the persistency script can remove the units from the map. Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about that one.

Edit: I've just jumped in to look at the D/L of the Stennis Hornets, for me when I switch the D/L on for each plane it is set to 127. This isn't something you can set in the editor either so I'm not sure why it's showing up different for you.

Hey Surrexen - if I (or another person) were to have made a mission that is hosted in a MP server - would simply using the mission scripting that you provided (adding the -- to each of those two lines) make the mission retain progress like it does in single player?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Surrexen 12-01-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daarseth (Post 4122891)
Hey Surrexen - if I (or another person) were to have made a mission that is hosted in a MP server - would simply using the mission scripting that you provided (adding the -- to each of those two lines) make the mission retain progress like it does in single player?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

You will need to adjust some things in the scripts, but the script doesn't care if it's running single player or multiplayer. When running in multiplayer, only the host needs to worry about the de-sanitization process as only the host machine will generate the lua files etc. The host machine will also need file permissions in the appropriate folders to be able to write the files out. All the usual things.

sirrah 12-03-2019 08:12 PM

Hi Surrexen

I have been flying Snowfox a lot lately, in an attempt to clear out all opposing ground forces (thanks to that awesome save function!! :thumbup:)

Main trouble I'm having to deal with, are enemy cap patrols. There are in fact so many, that I'm having a very hard time picking out ground targets/SAM's. Which is totally cool by the way. It shouldn't be too easy.

One thing though. What exactly are the Khasab CAP Vipers and F-18 and 14 fleet defenders supposed to do? Are they only defending a very limited range around Khasab and the carrier?
I ask this because I haven't seen them get into action so far. Even when enemy aircraft came as close to somewhere in between Qeshm and Khasab (I was kinda hoping they would come and protect me while I was making my "mach1-winchester-tail-between-my-legs" escape back to Khasab :P), but they just kept doing their orbit.