ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Multiplayer (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Multiplayer in 2.5 (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197951)

jejsus 12-14-2017 11:55 AM

Multiplayer in 2.5

What will 2.5 bring into multiplayer? Didn't find ED officials say anything about MP engine upgrade (if I missed it please point me), just high expectations from suffering users. I'm keeping my hands off any new future modules if it's gonna degrade performancewise, laggwise like it currently does, PERIOD.

=Buckeye= 12-14-2017 12:17 PM

I believe dedicated servers were mentioned by Wags sometime in the past (can't remember 100% for certain, have heard a lot of things "in the works" at this point), but haven't heard anything recently. I wouldn't expect anything with 2.5, but maybe we will have a pleasant surprise.

ked 12-15-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =Buckeye= (Post 3324977)
dedicated servers

A linux program running the server without graphics would be awesome and would help many people rent online hosts and have their own server ! I hope this is a thing they're looking at

JunMcKill 12-15-2017 02:23 PM

Right now the 2.2 is awful, takes about 8-10 minutes to get into a server with 25+ players, the game crash after that time, and maybe is possible that you can play in the next time, but is not for sure! Yesterday I was unable to play in the 99th server, and I tried more than three times to connect, but was futile

Xordus 12-18-2017 06:54 AM

One thing I've found that helps with that is to load up an 'instant action' first. It dramatically reduces the subsequent load time for servers. I still get crashes from time to time though...

pefman 01-26-2018 10:17 AM

I am surprised that there are no dedicated servers support yet, are we still living in the 90´s?
There must be a reason for why they are still sticking around with having to have the full installation + dx11 capable cards to even be able to host a server.

And as most servers online runs very slow, sluggish and have to be restarted frequently id love to see and update for the future plans.

Most people here play online anyways!

ED! please give us some good news!

kobeshow 01-26-2018 06:04 PM

Hah, MP improvements, you guys and your silly jokes.

M0ltar 01-26-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pefman (Post 3368034)
I am surprised that there are no dedicated servers support yet, are we still living in the 90´s?
There must be a reason for why they are still sticking around with having to have the full installation + dx11 capable cards to even be able to host a server.

And as most servers online runs very slow, sluggish and have to be restarted frequently id love to see and update for the future plans.

Most people here play online anyways!

ED! please give us some good news!

The assumption you have that most people play online isn't true. Most of the DCS World player base is in the single player realm. Us in the multiplayer space just assume that most of the player community is in the multiplayer arena because that is what we do and how we play, but its not the case. There was poll done late last year or sometime this year that asked what type of game play you take part in in DCS and the majority actually said single player.

On the statement of why the servers need to be restarted... That's actually not that uncommon for simulations that have smaller developer bases. ArmA is the same way. It requires server restarts every 3-4 hours which is very similar to DCS. Im not saying what we have is correct, but its not all that uncommon in other games.

Drexx 01-26-2018 06:40 PM

Outside of the connect/disconnect/skin changing/loading new plane lag (do these actions REALLY need to halt the runtime of the entire server?????) - I gotten my server to hum the best of all of them(pretty much) with any type of substance on it (units, etc), if there is a better way of running a server I'll figure it out(the hard way, process of elimination), just hope they accept my bug reports for 2.5 because they will be professional and straight to the point (prob in private at first as a respectful move).

That being said, I WISH they would stop this nonsense with not designing the game engine AROUND multiplayer, this focus on campaigns is ridiculous, well I am putting my boots to the floor, over 7 months developing DDCS game engine and its up in a slightly buggy form right now(bugs getting squashed daily!) - I WILL prove that MP is the way to go, STOP TREATING MULTIPLAYER AS THE RED HEADED STEPCHILD, MP is the future, there is no way around that lol

-Drex
Developer of DDCS Cloud Dynamic Engine for DCS, Dynamic Caucasus server (first of many)

P.S. The new backend engine and server is hosted on BRAND NEW HARDWARE, i7-7700k, 32 gigs of DDR4, m.2 onboard SSD. I am ready for 2.5, hosted on a 1 GB Fiber Connection, BRING IT!

Drexx 01-26-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0ltar (Post 3368541)
There was poll done late last year or sometime this year that asked what type of game play you take part in in DCS and the majority actually said single player.

The poll is wrong - poll was probably only filled out by specific type of players, I will show and prove this! Single Player is predictable and boring(if it isn't initially, it will be, items in the same place all the time, same events..), seriously (unless people like to fly by themselves and have a sub par experience - I wouldnt of put as much work into my recent engine if I didn't fully believe this.)