ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   RAZBAM (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   RAZBAM A-29B Supertucano (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184402)

John Hargreaves 08-04-2017 03:35 PM

Very cool piece of kit, essentially a WW2 fighter plane made with 21st century tech, like a Caterham R500 sportscar. I'd get this in a DCS module without hesitation.
I have the Blackshape Prime for X-Plane 11 and it's a similar idea, great little plane.

Kev2go 08-05-2017 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Hargreaves (Post 3213056)
Very cool piece of kit, essentially a WW2 fighter plane made with 21st century tech, like a Caterham R500 sportscar. I'd get this in a DCS module without hesitation.
I have the Blackshape Prime for X-Plane 11 and it's a similar idea, great little plane.

it has worse performance than the late war ww2 fighters. in a2a without missiles id say the p51 109 and the fw190 to give it real trouble. Then again Its not a fighter, but an attacker. And in ww2 is not known for massproduced Turboprop aircraft.

Robert31178 08-05-2017 04:18 PM

Kev, you surprise me, you are usually so spot on with your responses....you sure someone didn't hack your account? :-)

I'd bet a retirement check that this thing could out turn any of the above mentioned warbirds. I understand that rate of turn is only one half of a fight in WWII, and that the US built planes that were ultra fast but didn't always have an edge in turning capabilities, so if you were to do a "Dogfights" style comparison you'd find that it'd be a good fight, about like the Zeke vs Corsair battles in WWII.

The ST has such a low stall speed that there is no way for any of the above planes to match it in that arena. When you say "it has worse performance" what exactly do you mean, because as a general statement that is just not going to be true mate.

~Rob

WinterH 08-05-2017 04:24 PM

I doubt it would outturn 109, certainly doubt spitfire, and still somewhat doubt P-51 in certain speeds.

I'll cetainly take it up against warbirds and vice versa :D because why not? But I don't think it'll perform as good for air combat, it was not designed for that, and didn't need to be.

John Hargreaves 08-05-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 3213519)
it has worse performance than the late war ww2 fighters. in a2a without missiles id say the p51 109 and the fw190 to give it real trouble. Then again Its not a fighter, but an attacker. And in ww2 is not known for massproduced Turboprop aircraft.

What about the early WW2 fighters?

Kev2go 08-05-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert31178 (Post 3213961)
Kev, you surprise me, you are usually so spot on with your responses....you sure someone didn't hack your account? :-)

I'd bet a retirement check that this thing could out turn any of the above mentioned warbirds. I understand that rate of turn is only one half of a fight in WWII, and that the US built planes that were ultra fast but didn't always have an edge in turning capabilities, so if you were to do a "Dogfights" style comparison you'd find that it'd be a good fight, about like the Zeke vs Corsair battles in WWII.

The ST has such a low stall speed that there is no way for any of the above planes to match it in that arena. When you say "it has worse performance" what exactly do you mean, because as a general statement that is just not going to be true mate.

~Rob

yes and corsairs came on top most of the time......

far more successfull and by mid to late war the zero was regarded as mostly outclassed by the likes of the F4U1 Corsairs and late war designs like the P51, though the Hellcat also gave zeros a tough time and were bigger zero killer.

OFC different story as early on in the war the zeros wer far bigger threats when the navy had just F4F's..... and that was a better matchup comparison.

Sydy 08-05-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 3214174)
yes and corsairs came on top most of the time......

far more successfull and by mid to late war the zero was regarded as mostly outclassed by the likes of the F4U1 Corsairs and late war designs like the P51, though the Hellcat also gave zeros a tough time and were bigger zero killer.

OFC different story as early on in the war the zeros wer far bigger threats when the navy had just F4F's..... and that was a better matchup comparison.

Hi Kev,

Some guys maybe still wondering about the A-29 role:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiki
A-29A
Single-seater for attack and armed reconnaissance (on interdiction tasks), attack and cover (on close air support tasks), able to intercept and destroy low-performance aircraft, incorporates an additional fuel tank (+ 400 liters).

A-29B
Twin-seater for the same tasks as the single-seat version, also used in training and advanced aerial control (on monitoring tasks).

Max speed is 319kt (367mph).

If you guys want to compare banana with apple... :lol: The chart bellow is in mph.

http://worldwarwings.com/wp-content/...nfographic.jpg

The nice thing is the endurance of 8+hrs...

All the best,

Sydy

Sydy 08-05-2017 09:57 PM

Guys,

A nice vide from Colombia Air Force:

Take care,

Sydy

Sydy 08-05-2017 10:05 PM

I will just leave this here...

Hyena 08-05-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 3213519)

Actually, performance should be on par with a P-51D. The PT-6 variant used on the Tucano puts about 1,600HP to the screw, vs 1,400-1,700 (WEP use depending) for the Packard Merlin on the 'Stang.

Also, the Tucano has an empty weight of abouts 7,000lbs, compared to 7,500 for the P-51D, with a similar wingloading between them. Both aircraft also have a similar max takeoff weight of around 12,000lbs.

The one place where the Tucano suffers compared to the Mustang is in-built weapons, sporting only a pair of .50cal guns to the Mustang's six-pack, though the Tucano can also sling additional .50's and 20mm gunpods. This all assumes a straight gunfight of course.