ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Forum and Site Issues (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   @DEVS topic suggestion (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273858)

carleo 05-20-2020 01:53 PM

Or you can Simple use Eagle Dynamics Discord and post directly in private message yours questions

NeilWillis 05-20-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpipe (Post 4338841)
Then let's stop allowing it to ruin peoples experience of the forum.

1. Other users will not see the post to get annoyed by it.
2. Customer service employees can communicate freely and directly to give the clearest response to people's questions, from an ED point of view

Win, Win?

But here i am back seat business managing after telling somebody not to back seat business manage just the other day :doh:

I think what you are referring to is called an email. Just send the enquiry to the developers while completely bypassing the forum In it’s entirety.

Any other problems you need any assistance with, please, don’t hesitate to ask.

:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

ngreenaway 05-20-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirrah (Post 4338910)
I don't want to argue with you, because in general I do agree with you about treading each other with respect, but...

I think, compared to what I see on some of the other forums, people on this forum are quite forgiving actually :smilewink:

I agree, 100%, and despite all-pylon- spamraam a-10's misdirection, I'm glad he posted here rather than Hoggit

Still one thing about human nature is the tone of the reply is generally very reflective of the tone of the original querry or declarative statement

Hammer1-1 05-20-2020 02:03 PM

and a complaint thread is supposed to make it better? lets stop with this before it gets out of hand.

Bagpipe 05-20-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilWillis (Post 4338965)
I think what you are referring to is called an email. Just send the enquiry to the developers while completely bypassing the forum In it’s entirety.

Any other problems you need any assistance with, please, don’t hesitate to ask.

:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

:doh::doh::doh:

Kailux 05-20-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpipe (Post 4338804)
So having witnessed yet another toxic reply to an innocent new users post and having been victim to the same sort of behaviours in the past when starting out i would like to ask something of the devs/mods.

When designing your new forum layout, could you incorporate a method of posting a question to ED which DOES NOT ALLOW other users to chip in with their tuppence worth? :doh:
(e.g. " If topic contains "@DEVS" close thread?? or something)

I get upset, as i am sure others do, when i see a new user (or any user really) asking what may appear a silly question to the more advanced users (or phallically challenged?) only for them to be shot down in flames and MOST LIKELY turned away from the forums, at least, and possibly the sim itself.

It can't be possible to be on top of every post made in real time and unfortunately, by the time the mods get to it, the damage has already been dealt.

So, let's come up with a solution to allow users to ask questions free from harm/

:smartass: The only silly question is the one which does not get asked :smartass:

TL;DR: ED please protect "grown-ups" with emotional capabilities of a six year old from being offended by mean interwebs bullies so they never ever learn to cope with "challenging feelings"™.

:State of western society 2020 meme:

edit: if being mean on the interwebs keeps kids crying for 120s on hogs out, im all in.

ngreenaway 05-20-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpipe (Post 4338951)
Everyone is calling for a one stop shop for information and communication so i guess this incorporation would assist with that and render the ticket system obsolete?

'nuff said:)

Or the existing system renders your suggestion redundant?

In all reality, doesn't matter what system is in place, people -especially those new to the forum- are going to use what's easiest, whether it's the most appropriate or not. What's easiest is to post publicly, no matter how many safeguards they provide

Bagpipe 05-20-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer1-1 (Post 4338978)
and a complaint thread is supposed to make it better? lets stop with this before it gets out of hand.

It would certainly tidy up alot of threads and make information more accessible for all.
Half the time you see a question asked on this forum you have to scrawl through 10 pages of nonsense and backhand before you find anything worth noting.

It's not just defending the {SPAMRAAAAAMers} but tidying things up.

But here i am dumping chaff like a mofo just for even suggesting something besides the status quo. :director::chair::banned::fear::fear::fear::fear::surrender:

Bagpipe 05-20-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuiGon (Post 4338959)
Here you go: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/
Alternatively just send a PM to one of the moderators.
:)

I guess because the forum is the go to place for information and learning most people like to just post here instead.

Plus any time i wander onto the main DCS site my wallet seems to lighten significantly :smilewink:

Bagpipe 05-20-2020 02:12 PM

I can keep this going all day until patch drops btw then i am outta here

:lol::lol::lol: