ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: Eurofighter (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   What model / batch is the aircraft in? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267620)

Kev2go 03-27-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLTeo (Post 4260743)
They didn't say they are modelling a German Typhoon though, just that the developement lead is German.

edit: I Just saw the screenshots, indeed it's a German one (at least the model shown so far). Well, gotta give -some- advantage to the poor Flanker drivers...

so how is the german EF different from the English ones besides having different paint scheme and/or markings? because seeing the WIP EF screenshots with Luftwaffe markings thats the only noticeable difference to me between the RAF one.

Finnsky 03-27-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 4260803)
so how is the german EF different from the English one besides having different paint scheme and/or markings?

don't they also uses Tranches with same or very similar capabilities?

All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Taurus cruise missiles, Britain uses Shadow Storm (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

Etirion 03-27-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnsky (Post 4260818)
All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Meteor cruise missiles (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

RAF will also get the METEOR, it is the RAF procurement that the Luftwaffe joined afterall.

QuiGon 03-27-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 4260803)
so how is the german EF different from the English one besides having different paint scheme and/or markings?

don't they also uses Tranches with same or very similar capabilities?

Main difference is weapons. UK uses the AIM-132 ASRAAM as Fox 2, while Germany uses the IRIS-T. There are a lot of differences in regards to A-G armament, where Germany is lacking behind quite a bit.
One major difference is that the German Eurofighters don't have PIRATE, which is the very capable IRST system of the Eurofighter.

QuiGon 03-27-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnsky (Post 4260818)
All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Taurus cruise missiles, Britain uses Shadow Storm (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

Meteor has not been fielded yet in the GAF. It will be introduced into active service later this year.

Kev2go 03-27-2020 02:15 PM

yes bigger differences with newer block. People seem to be drawing comparison of recent features.

But purely from screenshots alone we can't tell all that, and although not yet announced i'm not holding my breath for such a late enough tranche for many of those more advanced A2A weapons or an IRST pod. So likely the only real difference will be the skin, and therefore interchangeable with what EF user you want to play purely on changing the skin.

Kev2go 03-27-2020 02:26 PM

Ok scratch out my assumptions

with FAq out this is what we can expect.

seems will be in fact luftwaffe EF with plans to expand and include versions of other nationaliteis eventually.

although the FAQ states they wish to achieve the most current EF that they possibly can they don't outright state with tranche and block, but at least optimistically that means we certainly aren't getting the earliest , and this implies at it will at least be within tranche 2.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...24&postcount=1

I just really hope that doing more modern tranches doesnt mean leaving certain systems blank or with half ****ed functionality. (IE A10C * cough cough *missing lots of SADL functionality, and being a franken hybrid of suite 3 and suite 5) I personally would rather get fully working earlier model, than a latest and greatest model but have dev's either told off by GOV't contract cutoff certain features due to consumer product , or be forced too much guesstimating where systems are classified. Given their confidence in being able to go with more recent iteration however i wish to remain optimistic.

Breeze[Thunder 69] 03-27-2020 02:41 PM

i dont think so the JF-17 will still be the most advanced fighter

Finnsky 03-27-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev2go (Post 4260877)

I just really hope that doing more modern tranches doesnt mean leaving certain systems blank or with half ****ed functionality. (IE A10C * cough cough *missing lots of SADL functionality, and being a franken hybrid of suite 3 and suite 5) I personally would rather get fully working earlier model, than a latest and greatest model but have dev's either told off by GOV't contract cutoff certain features due to consumer product , or be forced too much guesstimating where systems are classified. Given their confidence in being able to go with more recent iteration however i wish to remain optimistic.

This a thousand times. I would be more than just impressed with a pretty complete Tranche 1 Block 5 (I.e. full A2A functionality). The EF was developed as a pure air superiority fighter (all the multirole requirements came later), so having those things accurate is far more important for me then the A2G stuff the later blocks get.

Pikey 03-27-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breeze[Thunder 69] (Post 4260931)
i dont think so the JF-17 will still be the most advanced fighter

CAESAR laughs at your puny Jeff budget planes at a quarter of the unit cost. The difference is immense.