ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Su-27 for DCS World (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=388)
-   -   What do these commands do? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192054)

sobe 08-12-2017 02:20 PM

What do these commands do?

What does the STICK TO TRIMMER CONTROL MODE do? It has NO default key command assigned to it.

What does the new NOSE GEAR STEERING command do? It has LALT + Q assigned to it as the default key command.

Thanks

Ironhand 08-12-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobe (Post 3219708)
What does the STICK TO TRIMMER CONTROL MODE do? It has NO default key command assigned to it.

What does the new NOSE GEAR STEERING command do? It has LALT + Q assigned to it as the default key command.

Thanks

Nose Gear Steering is just that. Enable it to steer while taxiing.

Stick to Trimmer, IIRC, is primarily for force feedback sticks. With the command enabled, move the stick to the position you need for level flight and release the command. The aircraft is now retrimmed. It doesn't work well on non-FF sticks...or, at least, I've never enjoyed using it.

sobe 08-12-2017 02:50 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Just getting back into the Su 27/33 while waiting for the revised Su-33.

Weta43 08-12-2017 10:34 PM

I thought stick to trimmer did just that...

While pressed, if you push the stick forward you're trimming the nose down not moving the actual stick (except to the extent that trimming moves the stick), back = up etc.

Can't check now, but simple to test - cancel all trim, hold the stick to trimmer combo & move the stick - do the trim lights go out when you move the stick ?

Ironhand 08-13-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weta43 (Post 3220102)
I thought stick to trimmer did just that...

While pressed, if you push the stick forward you're trimming the nose down not moving the actual stick (except to the extent that trimming moves the stick), back = up etc.

Can't check now, but simple to test - cancel all trim, hold the stick to trimmer combo & move the stick - do the trim lights go out when you move the stick ?

It's been quit awhile since I last tried using it. At the time, it didn't work like that--at least not on my X-52. I'll have to give it another try sometime soon.

Oceandar 08-13-2017 02:38 AM

Stick to trimmer is awesome feature if you have force feedback joystick. With this I no longer need to trimming constantly like in non FFB joystick. Flying formation is piece of cake, NOE is a joy and I've never broke my wings because of hard maneuver because I can feel "the force".
I agree with someone who said flying DCS with non FFB actually flying half of the sim. I recommend go get it if you can :)

sobe 08-13-2017 05:44 PM

Oceandar
What FFB stick are you using and what version of Window do you use?

Oceandar 08-13-2017 05:57 PM

I'm using Microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2. One of the best joysticks ever made. The only gripe I have is lack of buttons and I'm thinking to mod it replacing its grip with other joystick from CH or Thrustmaster f-16.

Edit : my OS is Win 10 64bit

sobe 08-13-2017 06:03 PM

Interesting. I thought the SW 2 had some driver issues with Win10. I am also running Win10 64 bit and was thinking of acquiring a SW 2 on Ebay. Did you have any driver issues? Which version of the SW 2 do you have?

Oceandar 08-13-2017 06:10 PM

Its just plug and play, no need to install driver but I cant install the software because its no longer compatible.
My MSFFB 2 is usb version, stay away from gameport version. I suggest you look at input output forum for further reading about the joystick. Search for it, its plenty.

Good luck