ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: MiG-15bis (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=383)
-   -   First Outing in the MiG-15bis! (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232499)

shadepiece 02-15-2019 06:13 PM

First Outing in the MiG-15bis!

Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

9./JG26_Brigg 02-15-2019 10:31 PM

Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.

r24 02-15-2019 10:40 PM

I just got it too, its nice but for me its a bit more difficult to handle than the Sabre.

9./JG26_Brigg 02-15-2019 10:47 PM

It is a bit trickier, but once you master it and fly her to her strengths it is lovely

javelina1 02-15-2019 10:49 PM

Enjoy, she's a great bird!

Kev2go 02-16-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadepiece (Post 3800112)
Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Really good, especially for first time since you scored multiple sabre kills.

although i think you may have had easier time kill them if you uncaged the gyro sight ;)

really helps in maneuvering shots, although its no lead computing gunsight

shadepiece 02-18-2019 03:04 AM

Not a chance!! The gyros always throw me off!! I'm not sure why, but I've just never felt comfortable behind one. I need to have a fixed reference to fly off of when in that situation or else I just second guess myself too much. Too many years behind a prop and static sight for me to adjust!

streakeagle 02-18-2019 03:34 AM

On paper, the F-86 and MiG-15 have very similar performance. But as modeled in DCS World, they fly very differently. I love dissimilar aircraft. It is fun to fly the same exact mission from both sides' cockpits. The MiG-15bis should be the superior aircraft, particularly due to its thrust-to-weight, but the ease with which the Sabre responds to control inputs makes it a lot easier to point at the enemy in a dogfight. I can win with either one, but I have an easier time flying the Sabre.

Sarpalaxan 02-18-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg (Post 3800378)
Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.

Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.

9./JG26_Brigg 02-18-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarpalaxan (Post 3803207)
Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.

Yeah true, and I am kinda the same as the Tomcat is as modern as I will probably go as I prefer the cold war stuff. But like you say they are very good trainer aircraft to learn other things.