ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Western Europe 1944-1945 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=340)
-   -   The Battle of the Stretch Goal (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114788)

Barrett_g 09-29-2013 10:43 PM

I think the ME-262 stretch goal should be changed to a Tempest or a Typhoon.... So you have 2 American planes, 2 German planes, and 2 British planes.... But that's another topic all together.

As far as changing what you have now...You don't want to limit the initial release to only 1 free plane.... The last thing you want is a million P-47's scouring the online map for one poor bastard that paid for the FW-190.

At the very least.... The initial release should be a pair. "P-47 vs ME-109." It'll keep the online matches fair as all these new players will supplement the already released P-51 and soon to be released FW-190.

Consider the Spit and any other stretch-goal aircraft as a bonus for supporting.

hegykc 09-29-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim Marseille (Post 1889882)
but no additional planes on initial release for pledgers?

Where did you get that from?

The idea is to make everything payware, except for the trainer.

You get planes either by backing, or by buying after the release.

159th_Falcon 09-29-2013 10:52 PM

Don't have any really good idea's other then;

Accept Paypal!!!

Even if it only gives you an additional 10% in pledges that alone is already;
12.000$

Which i think is on the very conservative side given the fact that a LOT of people don't have a credit card.
And anno 2013, in the aftermath of the economic crises, it sure has not got easier to get one either.

So really, accept paypal and you WILL see an significant influx in pledges.

Make sure to announce it everywhere though, and make sure its impossible to miss.

Cause people won't pay for something they don't know they can pay for.

Fudge 09-29-2013 10:53 PM

I agree with what others are saying here and the comments section. The three free aircraft seems too high. With only 5 to fly at the moment any new players enticed by the free aircraft are unlikely to stick around for too long.

I still feel the Kickstarter required addons to allow people to customise their pledges to how they wanted them. Examples of which are in the text document I sent via Kickstarter. Edited version here https://www.dropbox.com/s/kprpuvvppi...ter%20Help.odt

Most importantly Keep funding open after Kickstarter to help reach the stretch goals. Kickstarters (over the current $40) will get any of the goals hit through additional funding. The additional funding should have higher pricing (still lower than final) to reward those who have backed early on in this Kickstarter. As you hit the steach goals the reward prices should raise to reflect the additional value.

Doing this would mean current backers get best value and it's profitable for them to get as many people as they can to add to the funds.

Also keeps the people informed with video updates, live streams, WIP screen shots, polls.

Hans-Joachim Marseille 09-29-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegykc (Post 1889887)
Where did you get that from?

Post #27, by MAC. Although I quite like the free trainer idea, not the below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACADEMIC (Post 1889825)
- award backers of above $20 or above $30 with digital copies of the P-51 and/or FW190 only
- thus game will intially be populated by trainers, P-51s and FW190s
- release the three other aircraft some time after game release as commercial products at DCS level pricing

Bucic 09-29-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 159th_Falcon (Post 1889889)
Don't have any really good idea's other then;

Accept Paypal!!!

Even if it only gives you an additional 10% in pledges that alone is already;
12.000$

Which i think is on the very conservative side given the fact that a LOT of people don't have a credit card.
And anno 2013, in the aftermath of the economic crises, it sure has not got easier to get one either.

So really, accept paypal and you WILL see an significant influx in pledges.

Make sure to announce it everywhere though, and make sure its impossible to miss.

Cause people won't pay for something they don't know they can pay for.

Just a reminder - any card should work, even a standard payment card.

Fuzzy_bear 09-29-2013 10:57 PM

I love WW2 era fighters and I'm hovering my mouse over the blank area where the paypal option is missing..

Unfortunately for me anything regarding money online is either payed with paypal or not payed at all... that simple

hegykc 09-29-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim Marseille (Post 1889893)
Post #27, by MAC.

Oh I see. But that would be a breach of kickstarter rules?

159th_Falcon 09-29-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucic (Post 1889895)
Just a reminder - any card should work, even a standard payment card.

A standard payment card would only work if it is an credit card as well.

Which at least in NL is definitely NOT standard.

bongodriver 09-29-2013 11:06 PM

1. paypal

2. only 1 free combat aircraft for non pledgers

3. a cute little trainer for free.....not a Tiger Moth, T-6 or a Bucker is good

4. do it now.....clocks ticking

job done!