ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Western Europe 1944-1945 (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=340)
-   -   The Battle of the Stretch Goal (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114788)

Vijar 09-30-2013 10:13 AM

ED-Newsletter:
If Eagle would do you the big favour of sending out an official email-newsletter about the Kickstarter, you coud reach the many DCS-players who don't read forums.

1. A killer video:
All that really counts for getting media coverage is an impressive MAIN-Kickstarter-video + screenshots + good project description. Screenshots and description for DCS WWII 1944 are good, the main-video is the problem.

Impressive video = good in-game-graphics (maybe with a little bit of post-processing added) + good music / sound effects + a short story that immediately captures the interest of the guy who's watching.

Of course this can't be done in just a few days as it's expensive and time consuming, but you may want to have something similar at hands for further pre-sales of WWII 1944 through your own website. Examples:
a) https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=WpgUuGunU0o
b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VE8B4KptyVI

2. New rewards:
Main focus now should be to get existing backers to spend more.

So maybe it would make sense to introduce a new tier / tiers that gets you any future content / aircraft for DCS:WWII for free. At a high price tag you wouldn't give away much future sales because people willing to give that much for your Kickstarter are going to spend anyway, I guess.

You could also split this up at different price tags:
- All future aircraft for DCS:WWII free
- All future aircraft and maps for DCS:WWII free
- All future aircraft and maps for DCS:WWII free + Alpha and Beta access

Just meant as an example, but don't make it to cheap if you go for it. http://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/smile.gif

3. Taking PayPal:
A must-have if it's possible.

4. Changes to project features:
Only one flyable aircraft at DCS-level for free - if you sell your product too cheap people are going to think it's low quality.
Quote:

$1 NEW and $10 NEW: rewards as before, but no additional aircraft (one flyable total)
$20 NEW: access to one additional release aircraft (two total)
$30 NEW: access to two additional release aircraft (three total)
$40 NEW: access to three additional release aircraft (four total)
$60 NEW: access to ALL additional release aircraft (six total if we get the Me.262)
Sounds good, but makes the pledges a bit more complicated (we already have quite a few ;))
I definitely wouldn't give 3 full-DCS aircraft away for $1 - that's way too cheap.

5. Stretch goals:
- A flyable Me.262 as first stretch goal is optimal in my opinion as it is cost-efficient to do, maybe appeals more to the modern-plane/jet-people and adds more variation than another prop-plane.
- Next best thing would be a flyable B-17, but too costly at the moment.

6. Future training / fun plane:
Maybe something like the Fieseler Storch? :)

Most Kickstarters get most of their money during the first and the last few days - so keep up your good work! :thumbup:

Linx 09-30-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adonys (Post 1890283)
I'm not sure that a 40$/50$ pledge grants the DCS WWII P51-D and FW190-D9 though..

So, $40 pledge gives you the free starter plane plus Spitfire and Bf-109?
But so does the $1 pledge?

Wait, what?

Vardin 09-30-2013 10:22 AM

I have not backed this Kickstarter yet. I am undecided as to whether I will. I also agree that three free dcs level aircraft is to many. I think non backers should get to choose one of the three release aircraft.

I do think however that the one free aircraft should be a fully capable fighter if you want to attract new blood into the hardcore flight sim genre. Rise of flight gives away one free fighter and it has worked well for that game. I would suggest that you get the three aircraft only if you back at the $40 or above pledge level.

hegykc 09-30-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylkhan (Post 1890336)
A promise IS a promise

You are correct.

Hold him to that promise, and the team loses hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Dollars that could pay for development of many, many new modules and features.
Do you want a free game lacking some critical features, and the team unable to continue development at a certain rate and quality because they have no means of revenue? Just because they promised something for free based on an assumption that people would give them money anyway?

It was a nice gesture, why punish them for it.

gavagai 09-30-2013 10:30 AM

Do I read this right? The idea is to change the KS so that hundreds of people get less than what they were told they would get at the start of the KS for their pledge?

That is...pretty bad? Well, I guess they have a chance to change their pledges. Don't assume that people will automatically increase their pledges. Some might even decrease them.

Be happy the $100k was reached. Make a good product. Then people will spend more $.

Linx 09-30-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthier1 (Post 1889971)
All right, what a lively discussion.
Won't muddy the waters with updated pledges. We were happy to give those planes away for free to everyone, so giving them to backers who pledge $1 is no problem at all.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Havner 09-30-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavagai (Post 1890362)
Do I read this right? The idea is to change the KS so that hundreds of people get less than what they were told they would get at the start of the KS for their pledge?

You get this wrong. The only change that was proposed in this regard was to give non backers less. So it would be an incentive for them to pledge. All current and futures pledges will get what was promised. Read carefully next time. It's stated clearly.

hegykc 09-30-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Wrong! Everyone who pledged gets exactly what was promised to them.

Those who didn't pledge, get one plane for free, pay for the rest

Quote:

Be happy the $100k was reached. Make a good product. Then people will spend more $.

Spend $ on what?? As it is now, you get everything you could possibly spend time on for the next couple of years, for free.

airdoc 09-30-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

That is...pretty bad? Well, I guess they have a chance to change their pledges. Don't assume that people will automatically increase their pledges. Some might even decrease them.

Ilya stated in the kickstarter page, that ALL backers up to now will get what they were initially promised. Nothing changes for them. Even the guys with 1$ pledge will get 3 flyables.
So it seems like a good idea for people who haven't already pledged, to do so very soon, before the KS changes are implemented.

DD_Crash 09-30-2013 10:35 AM

As far as I am aware your pledge reward is fixed at the level you pledged. New pledges or increased pledges would be at the new level. But I could be wrong. Its a shame that this thread wasnt started BEFORE the kickstart was confirmed. Still if Luthier has a website for further pledges ALL IS NOT LOST :)