ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   DCS: Spitfire L.F. Mk. IX (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=514)
-   -   Flight Manual Startup Error? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246921)

SharpeXB 08-04-2019 08:08 PM

Flight Manual Startup Error?
 
This seems like an error on Page 137

“Engine warmup
• After successful engine startup, pull back the idle cut.off control to its rearmost position.”

This will stop the engine. So why is it in the startup procedure?

grafspee 08-04-2019 08:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/iwUB5HQ.png
Good question

Magic Zach 08-04-2019 09:23 PM

Good question, +1

petsild 08-05-2019 05:07 PM

Therefore it is better to use exclusively the Chuck's Guides: https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs/

grafspee 08-05-2019 07:17 PM

Or you can dig for original spit IX manual, works too.
Shame that ED pass over part about need of priming until engine start running smoothhttps://i.imgur.com/YIq9QCA.png

https://i.imgur.com/Pp5TSRx.png,https://i.imgur.com/qIE0qXE.png
https://i.imgur.com/1uE4q3g.png

Magic Zach 08-05-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grafspee (Post 4000117)
Or you can dig for original spit IX manual, works too.
Shame that ED pass over part about need of priming until engine start running smoothhttps://i.imgur.com/YIq9QCA.png

https://i.imgur.com/Pp5TSRx.png,https://i.imgur.com/qIE0qXE.png
https://i.imgur.com/1uE4q3g.png

That is for Merlin 61 and 63 engines. Our Spitfire has a Merlin 66 engine. It actually says in your screenshots between the parentheses.
And that's a pilot's notes manual. A little different from a normal flight manual, not as specific and covers more important or notable items.

grafspee 08-05-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Zach (Post 4000171)
That is for Merlin 61 and 63 engines. Our Spitfire has a Merlin 66 engine. It actually says in your screenshots between the parentheses.
And that's a pilot's notes manual. A little different from a normal flight manual, not as specific and covers more important or notable items.

read it again, there is part for merlin 66 too.
This cover all important things to fly plane

Magic Zach 08-05-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grafspee (Post 4000189)
read it again, there is part for merlin 66 too.
This cover all important things to fly plane

Ah, you're right!
Have you tried this method? Releasing the starter button when the engine fires, but holding the booster, etc etc? [emoji848]
Can't try it myself right now.

grafspee 08-05-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Zach (Post 4000217)
Ah, you're right!
Have you tried this method? Releasing the starter button when the engine fires, but holding the booster, etc etc? [emoji848]
Can't try it myself right now.

Its not modeled in DCS engine will start regardless, normaly you keep booster on to help magnetos with ignition since magnetos arent doing well at low rpm
I mean not perfect start up,booster coil is working you should be able to start engien w/o magnetos by using booster coil only

H@rry 09-22-2019 10:39 PM

The DCS aeroplane doesn't start following the procedure in the original pilot's notes. The notes say to move the cut off control forward into the RUN position before hitting the booster coil and starter, then pump away at the primer until the engine runs smoothly. This procedure doesn't work on the DCS aeroplane as the engine never catches.

This video shows MH434 (which is the aircraft modelled by DCS) being started as per the pilot's notes (ignore the commentary. The narrator gets it wrong - the cut off is clearly fully forward):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzsJBjbCyvM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.