ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   MiG-21Bis (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   Any MiG-21bis Improve Plan? (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219348)

blklobo 09-01-2018 12:01 PM

Any MiG-21bis Improve Plan?

I love MiG-21bis in DCS because it is just only Russian Fighter Study Simulator in DCS. and single engine, seat.. etc.. I love it so much. even Hornet has been released, I fly with MiG-21bis. but recently days no further fix bugs and improvement plans are not mentioned from Dev. Please let me know how progress in MiG? I have lot curious.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Harle 09-01-2018 03:07 PM

I hope ED will buy rights on this module and fix it. Or make another Mig-21 variant of ther own.

zcrazyx 09-01-2018 05:10 PM

We need something, It's been years since the mig 21 was released and we still have no more redfor aircraft that are study level.

I did a poll on if people would like a modernised Mig 21 and the results were 2 to 1 in favour of it. Problem is that which one would they do.

pepin1234 09-01-2018 05:40 PM

Do you have a list of bugs of the current Mig-21? What are the most important bugs to fix first for you?

zcrazyx 09-01-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepin1234 (Post 3613264)
Do you have a list of bugs of the current Mig-21? What are the most important bugs to fix first for you?

I think the two most notable ones that being Missile performance as AOA limitation are already known and being looked into.

That being said there are some minor ones like missing textures on the SPS box as well as the gun pods box and the nuclear delivery box.

I also am going to look into the SPS pod because it seems the auto release mode doesn't work.

edit: the missing labels occurs in beta versions for me, not sure about release.

blklobo 09-02-2018 01:03 AM

Quote:

I cant mention about Avionics or Flight Models. because I am not pilot and I never been control real MiG-21bis. My wish are about visual and operating in simulation.

1. Cockpit Lights
2. External Lights
3. Canopy Reflection
4. Sound
5. Track Recording Error

I know Devs are very busy and they was issue Fishbed update few month ago. just my hope is give us about MiG-21bis progress. this module still in develop. but I cant feeling develop further since last major MiG-21bis Updates.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Auditor 09-02-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

For me, one of the biggest issues would be addressing the incorrect behavior of the SPO-10 RWR.
There was quite a bit of talk two years ago about this, and was addressed by Cobra back when he still was with Leatherneck. This was a hot concern back when the Mig-21 was still considered new. However, all of that seems to have died down with time and has been swept into the archives.

All of it can be best summed up here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192916
and here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168915

Basically, the SPO-10 should be giving the direction of the lock. As well as increase in frequency/tone depending on the energy being received similar to the SPO-15.
The only time all four lights should ever illuminate all at once is if the contact is right on top of the pilot. Close enough to give radar energy to all four antenna.

I've already submitted what I've found about missile velocity/AoA, past that would be the ASO-2 fix and also the very needed upgrades to the Mig-21's cockpit lighting.

If we're talking pipe dreams, I would still like the low-speed behavior of the fishbed to be addressed. Many people have gone through the mig-21's russian manual and have determined that low-speed behavior of the 21, as it is right now, is inaccurate. Particularly AOA at low speeds.

But that's just my two cents.

EDIT: oh yes! the sps pod. Do we even know if jamming works with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harle (Post 3613114)
I hope ED will buy rights on this module and fix it. Or make another Mig-21 variant of ther own.

I would love if Deka Ironworks made a J-7 fishcan! Repainting the Bis with our current J-7 skin isn't really the same as having a J-7 of our own, the flight characteristics and armament are different. Later variant J-7's had look-down-shoot-down radar. The J-7E had a MFD and a HOTAS, the first of its kind to get that. But that's a topic of discussion for another board.

SVTONY 09-02-2018 07:30 AM

I think having the GNS430 modeled into the cockpit would be a pretty nice upgrade.

Schmidtfire 09-02-2018 07:40 AM

Maybe we should sum up the most important fixes first? There are already some ongoing artwork, so I wont mention Rudel stuff :p

I start:

SPO-10
Missile performance degraded since a few versions back (being looked into)
ASP functionality
Launch / break lights in radar scope

I don't know If they have any coders left, but it is close to being the awesome module it deserves :)

pepin1234 09-02-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTONY (Post 3613895)
I think having the GNS430 modeled into the cockpit would be a pretty nice upgrade.

Agree. For me there are some minors bugs. NS430 will be a nice addon