ED Forums

ED Forums (https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php)
-   Map Wishlist (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=634)
-   -   New Airports and city NEVADA (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249495)

Duster 09-12-2019 11:14 AM

New Airports and city NEVADA

Hello,
Does ED intend to expand on this long-mistored scenario like Nevada?
There are many towns and small airports only at photo level ... with the exception of Las Vegas the rest has remained very poor and is never mentioned in the soon updates.
Edwars AFB in the MU map position, it would be a nice hit for the simulation ...but some more small town and airport would already be something.
ED, let us dream ...

Ciao

Gierasimov 09-12-2019 11:17 AM

With ED current pipeline of things to create/finish, I don't think revisiting this map is even remotely close.

One day, surely we will have the World, that's the ultimate aim as they said. Additions to maps - I don't think so.

Duster 09-12-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gierasimov (Post 4034702)
With ED current pipeline of things to create/finish, I don't think revisiting this map is even remotely close.

One day, surely we will have the World, that's the ultimate aim as they said. Additions to maps - I don't think so.

It is useless to make countless new and beautiful modules if the scenarios remain old and unfinished. (IMHO)
I wish you a good day.

Ciao

zhukov032186 09-12-2019 12:57 PM

Considering the focus of the map is the NTTR and EAFB itself, outlying towns and facilities are somewhat irrelevant.

MurderOne 09-12-2019 01:06 PM

NAS Fallon would be a welcome, and dare I say needed addition to the NTTR.

Art-J 09-12-2019 01:41 PM

ED guys have stated a few times the map is considered feature complete, so unless they decide to give it a facelift in next few years time, similar to situation with Caucasus, I wouldn't expect any additions anytime soon.

Gierasimov 09-12-2019 01:54 PM

Here you go

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurderOne (Post 4034791)
NAS Fallon would be a welcome, and dare I say needed addition to the NTTR.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...7&postcount=53

Quote:

Dear all,

As has been mentioned before, adding Fallon NAS and its range (and buffer area) to the NTTR map will not happen for several reasons:

1- While Fallon NAS is barely in the current NTTR map, the entire range and buffer area is certainly not.

2- The NTTR map is already as max size that can support current RAM min-specs (8 GB).

3- To add such a huge amount of work would also result in a higher price; many users would have a fit.

4- The NTTR map is centered on the NTTR, not all of Nevada. Way out of scope.

5- Based on customer feedback, we have heard overwhelming that most customers want new combat theater maps, not training maps.

6- A Fallon NAS map would be a great opportunity for a 3rd party.

7- All our map resources are tied up with new map projects for the next several years.

While I understand the desire, I’m afraid it’s not feasible for all the above reasons. Perhaps a qualified 3rd party though may wish to take it on.

Thanks!

JayBird 09-12-2019 02:42 PM

As much as we may want it, it's not going to happen.

Hopefully ED can step on the gas with the map development. I know I'm pretty burned out on the current map selection.

Gierasimov 09-12-2019 02:56 PM

Funny, I have not seen entire PG yet and I have had it since day 1 of Early Access. ;)

BIGNEWY 09-12-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duster (Post 4034699)
Hello,
Does ED intend to expand on this long-mistored scenario like Nevada?
There are many towns and small airports only at photo level ... with the exception of Las Vegas the rest has remained very poor and is never mentioned in the soon updates.
Edwars AFB in the MU map position, it would be a nice hit for the simulation ...but some more small town and airport would already be something.
ED, let us dream ...

Ciao

Hi

NTTR is feature complete, apart from a few bug fixes there will be no further work on the terrain at this time.

Thanks