Buying on eBay?

I know it's hard to do, but better wait for prices going back to a normal level after the hype train for MSFS 2020 has reached it's station and TMs production capacity fits request again. I payed 380€ (~400 US$) for my Warthog (Stick andThrottle + including a 4 year warranty) in 2018. Before paying 500$ for a Warthog, you can spend a bit more, purchase a Virpil setup and you'll get way more for your money. And don't waste your money on a X-56, because it's propably worse than what you have now.

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

The Warthog in your link is't realy cheap. 400$ is just the minimum bid and the guy is charging 339$ for shipping!?

I had the X55 prior to the Warthog and it suffered from ghosting (known problem) and buttons stopped working at certain throttle positions shortly after warranty. Maybe just bad luck, but the X56 is the same HOTAS with different paint and new stickers. I wouldn't buy it. If money is short but you desperately want a decent HOTAS, wait for the Warthog beeing on a normal price level again. If you're willing to spend 500+ for just the Warthog, get Virpil Throttle and Stick instead and you'll have something way better than the Warthog for slightly more money. I made the mistake to go with the Warthog first and started to replace it end of last year. Could have saved me the money for the Warthog.

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

The Warthog in your link is't realy cheap. 400$ is just the minimum bid and the guy is charging 339$ for shipping!?

I had the X55 prior to the Warthog and it suffered from ghosting (known problem) and buttons stopped working at certain throttle positions shortly after warranty. Maybe just bad luck, but the X56 is the same HOTAS with different paint and new stickers. I wouldn't buy it. If money is short but you desperately want a decent HOTAS, wait for the Warthog beeing on a normal price level again. If you're willing to spend 500+ for just the Warthog, get Virpil Throttle and Stick instead and you'll have something way better than the Warthog for slightly more money. I made the mistake to go with the Warthog first and started to replace it end of last year. Could have saved me the money for the Warthog.

Cheers

sorry - you do or don’t recommend warthog? I thought it was the benchmark

Buying on eBay is fine, but before you pull the trigger make sure you click on the seller. Read the feedback on them from other buyers. Ideally you want a seller with lots of previous transactions with 99%+ positive feedback.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Virpil, VKB, Realsimulator, Winwing...all of those produce better products then the Hotas Warthog, which however remains a solid product

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

IMO, the best part about the Warthog is that it looks like the real thing and works pretty seamlessly in DCS. That being said, I have the Virpil base for my stick, and if money was no object, I’d look at something like the Virpil or WinWing throttles.

IMO, the best part about the Warthog is that it looks like the real thing and works pretty seamlessly in DCS. That being said, I have the Virpil base for my stick, and if money was no object, I’d look at something like the Virpil or WinWing throttles.

i see no reason to change my warthog throttle. the virpil bases are in a different league to the warthog base though! the warthog stick itself is great and really solid but i like my virpil sticks too

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 2 weeks later...

I've had two warthog sticks and both suffered from "sticktation". For very small movements the stick is just not smooth, at least in my opinion. Just google "sticky warthog stick". There is a mod you can do, but it involves taking the stick apart then sanding the plastic ball joint. Not for the faint of heart. This really shows if you fly any of the choppers. For jets and prop planes it's not as noticeable. I finally ended up buying the VPC WarBRD base from Virpil which works with the warthog stick. What a huge difference it has made. I couldn't be more pleased with this combo. There is no comparison to the warthog base. The Virpil base comes with additional springs and cams to get the feel and tension you want. The stick won't be recognized as a warthog stick, so you just have to reassign all of the buttons and switches. The warthog throttle works just fine and I'm very pleased with it. Good luck.

Woofer