HELP - migrating files.

Heyo

I currently have DCS installed on a 250GB Samsung EVO SSD. its no longer big enough for my modules and maps so I bought a 1Tb Samsung QVO SSD.

My question is this:

Should i just drag ad drop the install over to by TB drive once its installed or should I install the drive, rename my saved games folder and reinstall the game and all the maps/modules?

a Reinstall feels like a headache - would just copying the install over work just as well?

Thanks for help.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Drag and drop (copy/paste) the whole DCS installation will work just fine, no need for reinstall. smile.gif (done it for a few times, never a problem)

The game will fire up just the same.

PS: don't forget to backup (or put back) saves from the "C:\Users\'YourName'\SavedGames" folder, which the game reads from as well.

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

If you're keeping windows on the same (old) drive, you don't have to mess with the Saved Games folder. You can just copy the Eagle Dynamics folder from your old drive to new. And update any shortcuts on the desktop/start menu.

That's it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I have a somewhat similar question. I have both the open beta and DCS World 2.5 installations on one SSD - the D drive, which is now too full to do any updates or add the new A10C II. I have several other SSD with plenty of room. I would like to just move the Open Beta installation to another SSD - the F drive. Can I just cut the Open Beta installation folder and paste it to another drive?

Assuming this is a correct way to move it - Are there any OS or DCS settings that need to change with a move like that?

Thanks for any info

I have a somewhat similar question. I have both the open beta and DCS World 2.5 installations on one SSD - the D drive, which is now too full to do any updates or add the new A10C II. I have several other SSD with plenty of room. I would like to just move the Open Beta installation to another SSD - the F drive. Can I just cut the Open Beta installation folder and paste it to another drive?

Assuming this is a correct way to move it - Are there any OS or DCS settings that need to change with a move like that?

Thanks for any info

Yes, you can just grab one or the other and copy it to another SSD. Then delete the original folder after comparing files to make sure everything moved OK. You don't need to do this, but it's a habit of mine.

You don't have to change anything since the SAVED GAMES folder will stay on the original C: (the disk with the OS) drive.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

- does the SATA speed really matter? i have an older drive and only have a SATA 3GBps open.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 weeks later...