English MiG-25 flight manual leads

The National USAF museum in Dayton, Ohio has the MiG-25 that was dug out of the dirt in Iraq. I toured it recently, and all the markings are in English. It just occurred to me that there might be an English flight manual. Many of us would love to read it. Given the widely international makeup of the DCS community, I thought I'd put the word out about the possibility, in case a friend's brother's former roommate might know of a copy. These are the export MiG-25 operators that probably used English manuals:

- Algeria

- India

- Iraq

- Libya

- Syria

I've learned it doesn't hurt to ask...

Yeah, if there is such a thing at all (like e.g. that English export MiG-21 manual) and you could get your hands on it, that would be awesome!

Come to think of it, does anybody know where a Russian version of the same might be found?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

me too por favor. Can ask my wifey to translate it for me during her vacations :D

Oh please, please just ask her to annotate the translation on the paper/PDF with a red pen and then share that so someone could then convert it to better one ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sorry for the late reply.Here is the Russian one.

Thanks for posting it. Don't want to sound ungrateful, but as far as I can tell this is not a flight manual, but an aerodynamics one for the MiG-25RB.

Definitely useful for someone to develop the FM, but I was hoping for a PD flight manual :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

That is ПРАКТИЧЕСКАЯ АЭРОДИНАМИКА САМОЛЕТА МиГ-25РБ (practicheskaya aerodynamica samoleta) "Practical aircraft aerodynamics, MiG-25RB" It is not the flight manual, but lecture notes as part of a Russian military academy course in practical aerodynamics. There are similar documents for Tu-22M3, MiG-29, a whole series, really good stuff. But it's not the flight manual, "РЛЭ". No "switch-ology".

That aside, they are very, very good lecture notes. I have been learning a lot from the partial Russian I understand.

Thanks for posting it. Don't want to sound ungrateful, but as far as I can tell this is not a flight manual, but an aerodynamics one for the MiG-25RB.

Definitely useful for someone to develop the FM, but I was hoping for a PD flight manual :)

Oh thanks for pointing this out dudikoff. I found it on google years ago and it was titled as a flight manual. I don't speak Russian so I don't really understand what it says, just uploaded here to see if it can help. Thanks for correcting, my mistake!:)

• 3 years later...
Hadn't thought of that. I'll make inquiries through the museum.

I know it's been a while, sorry for commenting on an old thread but have you had any luck?

cppimmo - Developer for Crosstail Studios  :lol::pilotfly::thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6GHz, 12GB 3200MHz, MSI GAMING X GTX1060 6GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB SSD, 124GB SDD, T1600m FCS, TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2017 at 11:39 AM, Vincent90 said:

There are english translations of the MiG-25P flight manual in the Japanese and American national archives. Someone just needs to make a FOIA request to get them.

I’ll do it but are we sure what agency has them?