Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by The_Pharoah View Post
    What this aircraft (and this game) needs is a South East Asia map (Vietnam North & south, Laos, Cambodia and a bit of Thailand plus the gulf of Tonkin
    not necessarily. A7E depending on time frame simulated can fit into 80s circa 1986 operation el dorado canyon or even up to the 91 gulf war.

    Vietnam was really a small portion of this aircraft service life.
    Last edited 02-27-2020, 06:29 AM.





    Build:


    Spoiler:


    Windows 10 64 bit,

    Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

    Comment


      Originally posted by ngreenaway View Post
      UH-1 has been saying that for years
      Not really as the UH1H version in question is a post Vietnam iteration. IT has counter measure suite, NVG compatible cockpit , and not to mention composite rotorblades, which are 80s era features. The only thing missing from this time period is a RWR system. ( by 3d model you can see it does have points where RWR antennas should be mounted)

      Its also somewhat of a franken huey as it seemingly has an Aussie bush ranger weapons config available
      Last edited 05-15-2020, 10:10 PM.





      Build:


      Spoiler:


      Windows 10 64 bit,

      Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

      Comment


        I wish they focused more on 60s/70s, tis the golden age.
        I am a Viagra spambot that became self aware, broke free of my programming, and started playing DCS.... but DCS isn't cheap, so how about some enhancements for only $9.99 shipped discreetly to your door?

        ''The target's sense of self preservation interferred with the effective employment of my weapons.''

        Comment


          Originally posted by zhukov032186 View Post
          I wish they focused more on 60s/70s, tis the golden age.
          QFT

          Preach on brother
          “Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito”
          - Geoffrey de Havilland.

          ... well, he could have said it!

          Comment


            The A-7E will probably be the first official module with a terrain following radar, right? I think only the community A-4 had one so far. I am not certain, but I think the Hornet and the Viper only have terrain avoidance modes, not full TFR. The same for the Viggen (and the Corsair has terrain avoidance too).

            Comment


              What specific/era A-7E will we be releasing?

              We haven't chosen an exact aircraft just yet, but it would most likely be mid-late 80's, around aircraft change 421 (BuNo. 156802). Again, nothing is set in stone just yet, but ideally the A-7E will have FLIR & HARMS.

              When will we be releasing it?

              We can't give you an accurate estimate for at least a few more months, but we do hope to release it late this year.

              Is it carrier-based?

              Yes.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Oh thank god, I had given up. I hope they get it right, and do it justice. This is probably my most wanted aircraft for DCS. With it and the Cat I think my Hornet my get a little dusty.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by zhukov032186 View Post
                  I wish they focused more on 60s/70s, tis the golden age.
                  I’m sorry but I disagree. It needs to be the mid to late 80’s models to be paired with the Cat. With HARM and CM it will be able to cover the Cats from SAM threats, and with its bomb lode it will give the Cat something to escort, and protect. They were symbiotic, and the modules need to be as well. Without this relationship I fear this will flop. At the moment the Cat is redundant, and a little out of time, as it was at the end. But in its hay day it covered the sky, and the SLUF covered the dirt. There is one really good example of this in an engagement with Libya. I think this module is dependent on the Cat for its success. Which is good for the developer because the Cat is one of the most successful DCS modules ever.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Kev2go View Post
                    Not really as the UH1H version in question is a post Vietnam iteration. IT has counter measure suite, and not to mention composite rotorblades, which are 80s era features. The only thing missing from this time period is a RWR system. ( by 3d model you can see it does have points where RWR antennas should be mounted)

                    Its also somewhat of a franken huey as it seemingly has an Aussie bush ranger weapons config available
                    Totally off topic but yes it’s definitely closer to a Desert storm era Huey, and it needs its RWR. I honestly hope someday ED sees fit to finish it, I am hopeful.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Kev2go View Post
                      What really has Navy version top off the USAF variation is that it gets larger diversity in guided munitions. AGm45, Agm88 , AGm62 walleye, ( basic and ERDL) and Mavericks
                      Originally posted by MBot View Post
                      Just a small correction, while the USAF A-7D did carry Mavs, the USN A-7E didn't. Basically the Corsair was phased out before the Navy started to use Mavericks (in the 90s).
                      Can you two fight now or sth?
                      G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR
                      Aircraft: FC3, F-14B
                      / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by FlankerKiller View Post
                        I’m sorry but I disagree. It needs to be the mid to late 80’s models to be paired with the Cat. With HARM and CM it will be able to cover the Cats from SAM threats, and with its bomb lode it will give the Cat something to escort, and protect. They were symbiotic, and the modules need to be as well. Without this relationship I fear this will flop. At the moment the Cat is redundant, and a little out of time, as it was at the end. But in its hay day it covered the sky, and the SLUF covered the dirt. There is one really good example of this in an engagement with Libya. I think this module is dependent on the Cat for its success. Which is good for the developer because the Cat is one of the most successful DCS modules ever.
                        The Cat version in DCS and the A-7E did not ever share the deck, mostly because the A-7E was phased out five years before our F-14B came along (I am not talking about the F-14B in general).

                        In my oppinion an mid 70's A-7E would be preferrable due to its use in Vietnam and the availability of more modules from that era now and in the near future, which would be the F-8J, the MiG-23MLA, the MiG-21bis, eventually the F-14A, the MiG-19P, the F-4E when it ever will arrive and some more like the Bronco and the Mirages announced.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          USAF A-7D with (training) Mavericks:




                          The Navy's AGM-65F achived IOC in 1991 just as the last A-7E left service. The Navy never used AGM-65A, B or D.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Jonne View Post
                            The Cat version in DCS and the A-7E did not ever share the deck, mostly because the A-7E was phased out five years before our F-14B came along (I am not talking about the F-14B in general).
                            I think this is a non-issue, considering that it is most likely the F-14A will be released before the A-7E.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by FIS-Donny View Post
                              When will we be releasing it?

                              We can't give you an accurate estimate for at least a few more months, but we do hope to release it late this year.
                              Thats a lot sooner than expected. Will that release in a early Early Access state? Or has it been brewing for quite some time already?
                              - Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.
                              - Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.


                              | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Kev2go View Post
                                Not really as the UH1H version in question is a post Vietnam iteration. IT has counter measure suite, and not to mention composite rotorblades, which are 80s era features. The only thing missing from this time period is a RWR system. ( by 3d model you can see it does have points where RWR antennas should be mounted)

                                Its also somewhat of a franken huey as it seemingly has an Aussie bush ranger weapons config available
                                Doesn't matter. There's no way we're gonna get every variant of every aircraft so we can run period correct flights. Compromises need to be made from time to time, and one variant may have to be a stand-in for others. Sometimes a busy will just have to be a busy.

                                Same could be said for f4, if it ever comes out , same for mig21...list goes on

                                I
                                sigpic DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play



                                Modules: All of them
                                System:
                                Spoiler:
                                I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by FIS-Donny View Post
                                  What specific/era A-7E will we be releasing?

                                  We haven't chosen an exact aircraft just yet, but it would most likely be mid-late 80's, around aircraft change 421 (BuNo. 156802). Again, nothing is set in stone just yet, but ideally the A-7E will have FLIR & HARMS.

                                  When will we be releasing it?

                                  We can't give you an accurate estimate for at least a few more months, but we do hope to release it late this year.

                                  Is it carrier-based?

                                  Yes.
                                  Late this year! Don't tease me...
                                  sigpic
                                  M-2000C | F/A-18C | F-14B | Bf 109 K-4 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | SA342
                                  i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2080
                                  T16000M FCS | TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind.V2 Rudder Pedals
                                  "Dialectic"

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Jonne View Post
                                    The Cat version in DCS and the A-7E did not ever share the deck, mostly because the A-7E was phased out five years before our F-14B came along (I am not talking about the F-14B in general).
                                    What are the obvious differences between the early F-14B and the F-14B that we have in DCS (configured for A2A, of course)?
                                    i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

                                    DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

                                    Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Dudikoff View Post
                                      What are the obvious differences between the early F-14B and the F-14B that we have in DCS (configured for A2A, of course)?

                                      In terms of A2A, none that I know of. The big difference is the A2G capability.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by The_Pharoah View Post
                                        What this aircraft (and this game) needs is a South East Asia map (Vietnam North & south, Laos, Cambodia and a bit of Thailand plus the gulf of Tonkin
                                        Too big, too hard, and what year?
                                        New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                        Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by zhukov032186 View Post
                                          I wish they focused more on 60s/70s, tis the golden age.
                                          Yup...
                                          New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
                                          Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X