Extremely high RAM usage

Luft Waffel

This map uses a lot more RAM than any other DCS map. I have 32GB of 3000MHz RAM and when playing multiplayer in VR on Syria it caps out my RAM and uses 28-29GB :doh: .

I don't have any issues on other maps even on the most populated and packed multiplayer missions.

The capping out of my RAM results in the game frequently stuttering, and stuttering every time it has to load something new, like looking around quickly or descend rapidly.

32GB of RAM should be more than enough to play a game in VR, and the current RAM consumption is ridiculously high.

Some optimisation needs to happen to improve this and bring Syria in line with the other DCS maps, I understand its more detailed but that shouldn't be at the expense of the game being playable on a high end system.

I have 16gb ram and it uses 15.8 of it. So if we had 64gb ram it will use 62 of it maybe?

something is not rihgt here :S

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have 64GB and haven't seen my PC use more than 32GB as yet.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I have 64GB and haven't seen my PC use more than 32GB as yet.

Yup. It tops out at like 31. I have 80gb.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

31GB?! :shocking:

Well that doesn't seem optimal (to put it mildly...)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

31GB?! :shocking:

Well that doesn't seem optimal (to put it mildly...)

I can confirm that.

Just upgraded my 2nd rig to 32 Gigs, but almost fell off my chair when flying the Tankkiller over Syria, when I saw the RAM eating.

Try to lower the Preload.

If you have a fast SSD you'll not notice differences

That didn't help in my case.

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)