Trees visibility

ebabil

Same visibility settings have different effects on Black Sea and Syria maps.

In Syria, trees are not shown unless you are not very close to them. And the way they pop up kills the immersion.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

See these examples taken with settings of ViewDistance: Extreme, Tree Visibility 100%.

As is easily observable the boundary where trees spawn in is still very clearly discernible. At these settings, trees should render past 15nm like they do on other maps such as Caucasus and Persian Gulf. I recognise this was likely done as a measure to improve performance, but on maximum settings render distance should be large enough for the circle of trees spawning in to not be noticable.

Alternatively, the ground texture should resemble the forest covered areas better so the trees spawning in is not as noticable and distracting. This is the main issue why I am not recommending this map to my friends and other users at this stage, as trees spawning in is very visually distracting and immersion breaking currently.

Screen_210207_110737.png

Screen_210207_110712.png

Edited by Aarnoman

• 2 months later...

In @MAESTR0 latest videos I see the trees render in perfectly, but in 2.7, seems like this is still an issue.:disgust:

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 1 month later...