Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can’t load in Multiplayer, crash to desktop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same for me, 4 crashed in a row tonight as soon as I log in, didn't try after that as I was afraid of punching the headset through the wall. The sad thing is it was doing this before the last update, then the latest update made it so I could jump in the cockpit without crashing, then steam released an update today and now its crashing straight away again. So over it.
    Attached Files
    The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...
    Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Comment

I have spent today updating everything I could, flashed the motherboard BIOS, updated motherboard drivers, big windows update (2004), checked everything else was up to date. Annnnnd crash to desktop.
      Before the last DCS update it was CTD every time I jumped in any cockpit, after the last DCS update it was not crashing to desktop and I was able to fly, then a steam update and now its back to unusable again. This is all on a system that is only a few months old, 32 gig RAM, 2080 Super, 17 8700 etc...
      The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...
      Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Comment

The problem still remain after update...
        sigpic

Comment

Please follow my crash advice in my sugnature

rename your dcs folder in saved games keep it as a backup for now,

DCS will create a new folder on restart, do not add any mods we want to test without mods.

Run a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam.

If you still get a crash with a vanilla install please attach a fresh crash log.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Any news about improvement in multiplayer. I tested in last update and still crash to desktop
            sigpic

Comment

I hope someday this issue get fixed. This is the only map I can’t play in multiplayer.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, This map is just too heavy. I can usually get a single player mission loaded, but usually crash to desktop during the mission. Multiplayer is not even possible to load into a misson.

Comment

Originally posted by epolta View Post
                  Yeah, This map is just too heavy. I can usually get a single player mission loaded, but usually crash to desktop during the mission. Multiplayer is not even possible to load into a misson.
                  OK, so my issue appeared to be swap file related. A while back I read that with 32 gigs, it was better to not use a swap file at all, so I had it disabled. I just went in and set it manually to 32 gigs (to match my system ram) and I was able to load into all of the Syria missions that were giving me crashes. Your mileage may vary, but I recommend checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by epolta View Post
                    OK, so my issue appeared to be swap file related. A while back I read that with 32 gigs, it was better to not use a swap file at all, so I had it disabled. I just went in and set it manually to 32 gigs (to match my system ram) and I was able to load into all of the Syria missions that were giving me crashes. Your mileage may vary, but I recommend checking it out.
                    Can you direct people with the steps how to. No clue what you mean.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pepin1234 View Post
                      Can you direct people with the steps how to. No clue what you mean.
                      Here's a guide. There are 3 settings:
                      • Disk holding the page file (by default C:\ - choose your fastest SSD. Beware, you need to have some free space to hold the max sized pagefile)
                      • Min size (I'd say16 GB, the size of your RAM)
                      • Max size (I'd say 32 GB)
                      Last edited 10-07-2020, 07:20 PM.
                      Accurate DCS 2.5 Caucasus map - v1.0

Comment

Hoho I did it, nothing changed. Now I don’t remember the size I set. I will look again.
                        Last edited 10-07-2020, 11:15 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X